|Anna Todd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1989|
Anna Todd is an American author and producer, best known as the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the new adult romance novel After, published in 2014. She began writing the book in 2013, via the self-publishing and social storytelling platform Wattpad that had more than 40 million users in 2015. Due to the book being viewed by more than 1.5 billion readers on Wattpad, it caught the attention of the platform itself. The platform reached out to Anna and helped her land a publishing deal with the company Gallery Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, which signed her and picked up the book. The book was later published in 30 other languages, and Anna later received an inquiry by Aviron Pictures for the film rights. She was hired as a producer for the film, After, which was released on April 12, 2019, starring Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Josephine Langford, and Selma Blair.
Following her debut book’s success in 2014, Anna went on to release novels After We Collided in November 2014, After We Fell in December 2014, After Ever Happy in February 2015, and Before in December 2015. In April 2016, Anna was credited as the contributor for the novel Imagines and released books Nothing More in September 2016 and Nothing Less in December 2016. After a 1-year break, 2018 saw the release of 2 other novels – The Spring Girls, a retelling of Little Women by Louisa Alcott, and The Brightest Stars in September 2018. Due to the success of her books and the movie, Anna has a large social media fanbase of more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Facebook, and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Anna Renee Todd
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Anna Todd attended the same school districts throughout her education near Dayton, Ohio, United States.
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Anna Todd is represented by –
- FVR Entertainment (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Bookcase Literary Agency (Agent) in Brooklyn, New York, United States
- LEO PR (Publicist) in New York City, New York, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller (Talent Agent, Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United State
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna Todd has dated –
- Jordan Todd (2008-Present) – Anna met Jordan while they were both in a high school in Dayton, Ohio, United States, and they quickly fell in love. Only 1 month after she graduated high school in 2008, they got married and moved to Fort Hood, Texas, United States, where Jordan was stationed as part of the American Army. To support the family finances, Anna worked at ULTA Beauty at a makeup counter, as well as a Waffle House there. The pair also has a son named Asher Todd, and Jordan made a decision to leave the Army and even claimed he’d never do anything that involves guns for work ever again.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Ombre’ with ‘Dark Brown’ hair roots in the past.
- Short, large physique
- Hand tattoos
- Bright white teeth
Best Known For
- Being a well-known American author, having published books After (2014), After We Collided (2014), After We Fell (2014), After Ever Happy (2015), Before (2015), Nothing More (2016), Nothing Less (2016), The Spring Girls (2018), The Brightest Stars (2018), and her contribution to the book Imagines (April 2016)
- Being a producer for the movie After (2019) based on her novel After (2014)
First TV Show
Anna Todd made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode of the news talk-show Today on December 13, 2018.
Anna Todd Favorite Things
- Interests – Fanfiction, Reading
- Band – One Direction
- Singer – Harry Styles
- Music Genre – Indie, Soft/Quiet Songs
- TV Show – Game of Thrones (2011-2019)
- Author – Cassandra Clare
- Book – 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James
- Drink – Coffee
- Personal Quote – “Work hard and be nice to people.”
Source – AnnaTodd.com, Billboard, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Anna Todd Facts
- She had an obsession with Spice Girls growing up.
- She began writing on the Wattpad platform for herself, and never intended to publish any of her work. Anna loved reading all her life and simply decided to write fanfiction about One Direction, her favorite band, in her free time.
- Her user name on the Wattpad was Imaginator1D.
- Anna’s favorite book topics were that of badass half-angels fighting demons, a billionaire with a seductive secret, time travel, as well as college freshmen, people that struggle to make friends in a new city, as well as fanfiction.
- Anna’s novel After was critiqued to be too similar to the plot of 50 Shades of Grey, which also started out as fanfiction of the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer.
- The lead character of the novel After, Harden Scott, was actually Harry Styles of One Direction in the original novel. She had to change the name when she got a publishing deal for legal reasons, including Zayn‘s to Zed, and Liam‘s to Landon.
- Anna wrote the entire novel After on her phone. She dedicated 5 hours a day to writing, and later 3 hours a day to promoting the novel within Wattpad, and on social media.
- After had more than 100 chapters when it was written and released on Wattpad but after editing and revision, it was published at 582 pages.
- One Direction fans started a petition over how Anna represented Harry Styles as an abusive, borderline jerk, while he wasn’t like that in real life. It gathered more than 26k signatures. Anna said that those fans loved the story while it was a draft, and only changed their opinion when it was published. She also added that she understood the fandom’s obsession, as she was a part of it too, but that this was fanfiction of hers.
- Visit her official website @ annatodd.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Anna Todd / Instagram