Artem Vladimirovich Chigvintsev
Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic, RSFSR, Soviet Union
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
Dancer, professional choreographer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Artem Chigvintsev is represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Artem Chigvintsev has dated –
- Giselle Peacock (2003-2005) – Artem met his first wife Giselle Peacock at a dance championship in Blackpool in 2003. Soon after, he flew from Russia to be at her side at her friend’s wedding. They were in love and as he had no place of his own, they shared a room at her father’s place. Her father sponsored him for the work visa. In November 2004, they got married in a simple ceremony at the local courthouse. However, about 8 months into their marriage, it was headed towards the end as Giselle later alleged that getting in So You Think You Can Dance had gotten to his head. She also accused him of using her for the green card and better career opportunities. They signed divorce papers in 2006.
- Carrie Ann Inaba (2006-2008) – Artem hooked up with Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba in 2006. The relationship became public after Artem was spotted cuddling with Inaba, who is 14 years older than Artem, in an episode of the show in October. In February 2009, Inaba revealed that she and Artem had separated in November 2008.
- Kara Tointon (2010-2014) – Artem made his relationship with actress Kara Tointon public in December 2010 after kissing her passionately after one of the dance routines in Dancing with the Stars. They went on to win that season of the show. In October 2014, Kara put out a statement revealing that they had called time on their four-year-old relationship. Their relationship was already in trouble months before the statement. The reason for the break up was long distance and conflicting work schedule.
- Torrey DeVitto (2016) – In May 2016, Artem was in a relationship with actress Torrey DeVitto. They were spotted getting cozy at the charity event, Philosophy Hope & Grace Luncheon.
- Nikki Bella (2018-Present) – In 2017, professional wrestler and TV host, Nikki Bella and Artem met for the first time when they were competing during the dance show Dancing with the Stars. They didn’t start dating at that time as Nikki was with John Cena. In January 2019, it came to public knowledge that they were dating from some time.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian origin.
- Athletic physique
- Cropped beard and mustache
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Artem Chigvintsev hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
Being one of the professional dancers in the reality TV series, Dancing with the Stars.
Artem was first seen in the 2017 musical drama film Shine for his role as Artem.
First TV Show
In 2005, he was first seen as a contestant on the musical reality show So You Think You Can Dance.
Artem relies on his dance routines to keep his shredded physique in tip-top shape. The various dance practices give him the perfect cardio to keep fat off his body, and he supplements cardio with strength training in the gym.
He is regular at the Snap Fitness Grand Rapids in Los Angeles.
Artem Chigvintsev Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Naked and Afraid TV series
- Dish to cook – Pasta Carbonara
- Hobby – Fishing
- Ride – Motorcycles
- Country to Live – United States
- Ice Hockey Team – Los Angeles Kings
Source – Just Jared Jr.
Artem Chigvintsev Facts
- In 2011, he found a place in the Guinness Book of Records by becoming the first dancer to perform 79 Botafogo steps in 30 seconds.
- His mother got him into dancing at a very young age as she didn’t want him to be hanging around the streets.
- At the age of 15, he left Russia and moved to Germany to take further dance training. He later moved to Italy and England for the same purpose.
- In his free time, he likes to indulge in a host of outdoor activities.
- In November 2014, he officially became a US citizen.
- Artem suffers from Ophidiophobia, which means he is terrified of the snakes.
- Visit his official website @ artemchigvintsev.com.
- Catch him on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.