|Artem Chigvintsev Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1982|
Artem Chigvintsev is a Russian-American professional dancer, choreographer, actor, and reality television personality. He specializes in Latin dancing and is known for his stint with television shows such as So You Think You Can Dance, Strictly Come Dancing, and Dancing with the Stars. He joined the cast of Strictly Come Dancing in September 2010 for the show’s 8th season and wrapped up his journey on the show as the winner of the season alongside his partner, actress Kara Tointon. He has also been a part of multiple seasons of Dancing with the Stars and his first win on the show came in season 29 when he partnered with The Bachelorette star Kaitlyn Bristowe.
Artem Vladimirovich Chigvintsev
Izhevsk, Udmurt Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, RSFSR, Soviet Union
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dancer, Professional Choreographer, Reality Television Personality, Actor
Artem Chigvintsev has been represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Artem Chigvintsev has dated –
- Giselle Peacock (2003-2005) – Artem met his first wife Giselle Peacock at a dance championship in Blackpool in 2003. Soon after, he flew from Russia to be at her side at her friend’s wedding. They were in love and as he had no place of his own, they shared a room at her father’s place. Her father sponsored him for the work visa. In November 2004, they got married in a simple ceremony at the local courthouse. However, about 8 months into their marriage, it was headed towards the end as Giselle later alleged that getting in So You Think You Can Dance had gotten to his head. She also accused him of using her for the green card and better career opportunities. They signed divorce papers in 2006.
- Carrie Ann Inaba (2006-2008) – Artem hooked up with Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba in 2006. The relationship became public after Artem was spotted cuddling with Inaba, who is 14 years older than Artem, in an episode of the show in October. In February 2009, Inaba revealed that she and Artem had separated in November 2008.
- Kara Tointon (2010-2014) – Artem made his relationship with actress Kara Tointon public in December 2010 after kissing her passionately after one of the dance routines in Dancing with the Stars. They went on to win that season of the show. In October 2014, Kara put out a statement revealing that they had called time on their four-year-old relationship. Their relationship was already in trouble months before the statement. The reason for the break up was long-distance and conflicting work schedule.
- Torrey DeVitto (2016) – In May 2016, Artem was in a relationship with actress Torrey DeVitto. They were spotted getting cozy at the charity event, Philosophy Hope & Grace Luncheon.
- Nikki Bella (2018-Present) – In 2017, professional wrestler and TV host Nikki Bella and Artem met for the first time when they were competing during the dance show Dancing with the Stars. They didn’t start dating at that time as Nikki was with John Cena. In January 2019, it came to public knowledge that they were dating for some time. In November 2019, they got engaged which was revealed by them in January 2020. On July 31, 2020, the couple had their first child together, son Matteo Artemovich Chigvintsev.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian origin.
- Athletic physique
- Cropped beard and mustache
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Best Known For
Being one of the professional dancers in the reality TV series, Dancing with the Stars
Artem was first seen in the 2017 musical drama film Shine for his role as Artem.
First TV Show
In 2005, he was first seen as a contestant on the musical reality show So You Think You Can Dance.
Artem relies on his dance routines to keep his shredded physique in tip-top shape. The various dance practices give him the perfect cardio to keep fat off his body, and he supplements cardio with strength training in the gym.
He is regular at the Snap Fitness Grand Rapids in Los Angeles.
Artem Chigvintsev Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Naked and Afraid TV series
- Dish to cook – Pasta Carbonara
- Hobby – Fishing
- Ride – Motorcycles
- Country to Live – United States
- Ice Hockey Team – Los Angeles Kings
Source – Just Jared Jr.
Artem Chigvintsev Facts
- In 2011, he found a place in the Guinness Book of Records by becoming the first dancer to perform 79 Botafogo steps in 30 seconds.
- His mother got him into dancing at a very young age as she didn’t want him to be hanging around the streets.
- He played the role of Dmitry in an episode titled The Metamorphosis of the American teen drama television series, The O.C., in November 2006.
- At the age of 15, he left Russia and moved to Germany to take further dance training. He later moved to Italy and England for the same purpose.
- Along with Nicole Scherzinger, he appeared in the music video for Hush Hush; Hush Hush by The Pussycat Dolls in 2009.
- In his free time, he likes to indulge in a host of outdoor activities.
- In November 2014, he officially became a US citizen.
- Artem suffers from Ophidiophobia, which means he is terrified of the snakes.
- In 2020, Artem was partnered with TV personality Kaitlyn Bristowe during the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS). The pair finished at 1st place.
- He appeared as a guest in an episode titled Sister, Sister and a Babymoon of the American reality TV show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, in 2020. In the episode, he was seen teaching Kris Jenner and her boyfriend ballroom dancing.
- Visit his official website @ artemchigvintsev.com.