|Kaitlyn Bristowe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1985|
Kaitlyn Bristowe is a Canadian TV personality, social media influencer, and podcast host who gained a large social media following after getting cast in season 19 of The Bachelor (2015). She was later chosen for The Bachelorette season 11. All the suitors in the show were asked to vote for the woman whom they wanted to see as the next Bachelorette and Kaitlyn won the approval of the majority of men by getting more votes. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Kaitlyn Dawn Bristowe
Leduc, Alberta, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Hometown)
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Kaitlyn graduated from Leduc Composite High School in 2003. She earned a 100% scholarship to learn and work with a dance company that helped her move out of her small town of Leduc to the bigger city of Vancouver where she became a hip-hop dance instructor. After that, Kaitlyn attended Cosmetology school for 3 years.
Reality TV Personality, Presenter, Podcast Host, Entrepreneur, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Mike Bristowe (He worked as a sales and marketing professional for 40 years.)
- Mother – Leslie Hipkin (Former Ballerina)
- Siblings – Haley Jane Bristowe (Older Sister) (Hair Stylist)
- Others – Rob Hipkin (Stepfather) (Manager at Allied Fitting Corp.), Kathy Bristowe (Stepmother)
She is represented by Clio de la Llave of Booje Media.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaitlyn has dated –
- Before getting cast on The Bachelor (2015), Kaitlyn dated a string of professional ice hockey players in Canada namely, Brett Festerling, Alexandre Bolduc, and Boyd Gordon.
- Trevor Partlo (2014–2015) – Kaitlyn started dating firefighter, Trevor Partlo in 2014. She was reportedly still in a serious relationship with him when she got the call to participate in The Bachelor season 19 and subsequently The Bachelorette season 11.
- Zack Kalter (2015) – 3 weeks before filming The Bachelorette, Kaitlyn was spotted making out with The Bachelorette season 9 contestant, Zack Kalter who is a web developer and a children’s book author.
- Shawn Booth (2015–2018) – Kaitlyn got engaged to personal trainer Shawn Booth in Season 11 of The Bachelorette after sending actor-entrepreneur, Nick Viall home. The couple moved in together and settled in Nashville, Tennessee and got busy in separate professional obligations. While Shawn was committed to setting up his gym, Boothcamp and fitness application, Kaitlyn turned podcast host, launched her line of scrunchies, and started traveling frequently to honor her brand partnerships. The couple continued to defer their wedding date while denying break-up rumors. By 2018, near friends claimed the two hardly had any time to see each other despite living in the same home. Kaitlyn and Shawn officially announced their break-up online on November 2, 2018. A month after the break-up, Shawn was spotted on a date with the personal trainer and WWE presenter, Charly Arnolt.
- Jason Tartick (2019-Present) – Kaitlyn connected with banker Jason Tartick after inviting him as a guest for her Off the Vine podcast where he shared his disappointment of losing out to Colton Underwood to get cast as the next bachelor in Season 23 of ABC network’s reality show. Soon after the podcast, Seattle resident Jason and Nashville-based Kaitlyn were scheduled to visit Denver, Colorado at the same time and went out on a date. The couple hit it off and confirmed their relationship in January 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Petite figure
- Prefers heavy mascara and eyeliner on her upper eyelids
- Loud laugh
- A raunchy sense of humor
- She launched her line of scrunchies called Dew in June 2018.
- She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like Colgate, Tresemme, Smartfood, Palm Bay cocktails, West Coast Fishing Club, Vancouver Candle Co., Movement108, MVMT, Pandora jewelry, Lulus, Callaway Golf Company, Voss, Beach Babe Swimwear, Coors Light, and many more.
- In July 2018, she became a brand ambassador for Reebok.
Best Known For
Getting cast on The Bachelor season 19 and The Bachelorette season 11 in 2015
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a contestant on The Bachelor Season 19 contending for Chris Soules in 2015.
- At the age of 26, she moved to Germany to live with her then-boyfriend who was an Ice-hockey player. Since Kaitlyn had given up dancing and was too intimidated by the gym environment to exercise there, upon her return home to Vancouver she got certified as a spin class instructor. She confessed in an interview that she is blessed with a fast metabolism and hence primarily trained for endurance and never had to take up exercise to lose weight.
- She radically improved her fitness regimen while living with ex-fiancé, Shawn Booth for 3 years benefitting from his fitness and diet expertise. Since 2015, Kaitlyn started lifting weight and later took up boxing. From 2016 to 2018, Shawn used to put her through an hour of full body boot camp 4 times a week that focused on strengthening all major muscle groups such as legs, core, arms, and back.
- Other than bodyweight movements, her workouts involved the use of power sleds, battle ropes, medicine balls, and resistance bands. As much as Kaitlyn hated training her core, she looked forward to building her glutes. Shawn taught her the fundamental movements to grow her booty that she could do at home whenever she had the time.
- For active recovery, the reality star likes to go hiking. In food, Kaitlyn likes to eat pizza and McDonald’s once in a while and eats dark chocolate every day. She is also very vocal about her love for wine. But, all her indulgences are flexibly planned within the boundaries of a healthy diet. Kaitlyn uses Mrs. Dash spices because they have no sodium.
- She avoids starches and carbohydrate foods after lunch at least 4 times a week. Salmon Sashimi and Sushi are some of the healthier foods that she tends to eat a lot. While traveling, Kaitlyn carries almonds as her go-to snack and drinks a lot of water. At the airport, she looks for a Subway salad avoiding bread or roasted vegetables with a dip at Starbucks.
- She does not take the tram for help on airport premises and walks to each gate. Kaitlyn also keeps herself full by drinking healthy shakes.
- The following meals represent her sample meal plan –
Kaitlyn Bristowe Favorite Things
- Animal – Quokka
- Board Game – Monopoly
- Movies – Across the Universe (2007), Happy Gilmore (1996)
- Food – Sushi
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Extreme Couponing or anything on Netflix while drinking wine
- Household Chore – Laundry
- Dessert – Chocolate Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Rock Artist And Band – Kurt Cobain, Nirvana
- Color – Black
- Animated Series – Family Guy
- Vacation Spot – Canary Islands, Spain
- Musical Genre – Country
- Country Music Singer – Luke Bryan
- Outdoor Activity – Camping
- Childhood Memory – Family summer vacation at their cabin
- The Bachelorette Memory – Golfing with Shawn Booth
- Song – Just like fire by P!nk
- Healthy Everyday Meal – Salmon with vegetables
- Relaxing Activity At The End Of The Day – Watching The Ellen Degeneres Show with a glass of wine
- Quote – “I’d rather be hated for who I am than liked for someone I’m not”
- Fictional Character – April O’Neil from The Ninja Turtles
- Casual Outfit – Converse shoes and a Vans T-shirt
- Make-Up Essentials – MAC Face and Body Foundation, Eyelash curler, and Kat Von D Contour Kit
- Social Media Platform – Snapchat
- Starbucks Order – A Grande Americano with one inch steamed milk and one pump of cinnamon dolce OR a nonfat Chai Latte with a shot of Espresso
- Past Bachelorette – Trista Sutter née Rehn
Kaitlyn Bristowe Facts
- She is closest to her mother of all the people that she knows.
- Kaitlyn hates ice-cream.
- While living in Canada, Kaitlyn was a figure skater for 10 years.
- The Bachelorette Season 11 revealed that Kaitlyn has an extreme and irrational fear of birds. She particularly panics when birds in her vicinity start flapping their wings to take flight.
- She has 5 tattoos on her body. 2 of them are doves on both triceps above her elbows. She has other small tattoos on her inner forearm, right wrist, and left side of her torso.
- In April 2018, an Instagram post revealed that then-fiancé Shawn Booth also got matching dove tattoos. In The Bachelorette, Kaitlyn shared that she got those doves on her arms because they are the only birds that remember to fly home and symbolize her love for her own family.
- Before getting cast on The Bachelor, Kaitlyn participated in a choir for a year without telling her friends. After moving to Nashville, the reality star started taking voice lessons and made her Broadway debut in November 2017.
- She bites her nails while sleeping.
- To start her day on a positive note, Kaitlyn gives herself a high five while looking in the mirror.
- Her first crush was a skateboarder named Nathan who wore baggy pants, colored his hair, and used to wear his cap backward.
- Fertility nurse, Whitney Bischoff is Kaitlyn’s closest friend among the Bachelor alumni.
- At the age of 31, Kaitlyn froze her eggs because doctors told her in her 20s that having kids might be difficult for her due to hormonal issues.
- She is also a certified spin-class instructor.
- From the age of 3 to 19, she was taking dance lessons 6 times a week. After that, she moved to Vancouver, Canada and became a dancer and a cheerleader.
- When she got cast as one of the contestants in The Bachelor Season 19, other than taking spin classes, she was managing Cactus Club Café in Canada.
- She was featured in a music video of a song called Fantasy – It’s a Love Song by The Buried Life.
- Kaitlyn stated in an interview that her best friend sent her audition tape for The Bachelor in 2014 immediately after she experienced a bad break-up, but by that time, casting for season 18 was already finalized.
- When Kaitlyn was eliminated by Chris Soules on The Bachelor (2015), actress Anna Kendrick tweeted in her support stating that she could do better.
- She likes to describe herself as vivacious, confident, and quirky.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe competed and won the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS) in 2020. She was partnered with choreographer Artem Chigvintsev.
- In December 2020, she revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19 alongside her boyfriend, Jason Tartick.
Featured Image by Kaitlyn Bristowe / Instagram