|Bashir Salahuddin Quick Info
|6 ft 2½ in
|Date of Birth
|July 6, 1976
Bashir Salahuddin is an American actor, writer, and comedian who portrayed the character of Keith Bang on GLOW.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Bashir studied at and graduated from Whitney M. Young High School in Chicago. Later, he went on to complete his studies as a pre-medical student at Harvard University in 1998. He was part of the Hangar Theater‘s training program.
Actor, Writer, Comedian
- Siblings – Sultan Salahuddin (Brother) (Writer, Actor). He has two more brothers and two sisters.
- Others – Bashir has two younger step-siblings.
Bashir is represented by Creative Artist Agency and Gregg Gellman of Morris Yorn Barnes.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bashir has dated –
- Chandra Russell – Bashir tied the knot with Chandra Russell on August 12, 2017, with whom he has a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Bashir has Panamanian ancestry on his father’s side and African-American ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Dimpled smile
- Tall height
Bashir has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
Bashir Salahuddin Facts
- He was brought up in the South Side of Chicago, Illinois.
- Originally, his father is from Panama and relocated to Chicago with his family when he was a child. His mother, on the other hand, was from the West Side of Chicago. They met while at Southern Illinois University.
- Salahuddin’s father worked as an airplane mechanic for Midway Airlines at Chicago Midway International Airport.
- Bashir’s parents converted to Islam in the 1970s. They legally parted ways in the early 2000s.
- He is friends with writer and actor Diallo Riddle. It was during his junior year at Harvard University that he developed an interest in acting.
- Upon completing his graduation, Salahuddin returned to Chicago where he began working as a paralegal to save money to be able to relocate to Los Angeles. Later, in the 2000s, Bashir moved there where he began working as a personal assistant at Warner Brothers and as a waiter.
- Bashir made his debut TV show appearance as a Tower Supervisor in Threat Matrix in 2003. In 2017, he was cast in his first film as Morgan Russell in Snatched alongside the likes of Amy Schumer, Goldie Hawn, Joan Cusack, Ike Barinholtz, Wanda Sykes, and Christopher Meloni.
- In 2022, Bashir was cast as Hondo Coleman in Top Gun: Maverick alongside Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, and Jennifer Connelly.
- His television credits include Arrested Development, Grey’s Anatomy, Bones, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and American Dad! to name a few.
Featured Image By Allymocha aka Alison / Fandom / CC-BY-SA