|Bitsie Tulloch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1981|
Bitsie Tulloch is an American actress, voiceover artist, producer, and theatre artist who is well-known for appearing as Juliette Silverton in the fantasy police procedural drama television series, Grimm (2011-2017). She has also appeared in a number of other shows and movies which include the likes of R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, Lakeview Terrace, Life Is Short, Uncross the Stars, Alpha and Omega, Losing Control, Caroline and Jackie, Dead Draw, We Love You, Sally Carmichael!, The Flash, The Artist, The West Wing, Quarterlife, Outlaw, Tyranny, and Portlandia. Over the years, Bitsie Tulloch has been nominated for various awards for her performances which include her nomination for a 28th Annual LA Weekly Theater Award for her role as Sally in Quarterlife. Moreover, she has also accumulated an impressive social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Facebook, more than 500k followers on Instagram, and more than 150k followers on Twitter.
Elizabeth Andrea Tulloch
San Diego, San Diego County, California, United States
Bitsie Tulloch divides her time between her residences in –
- Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States
- Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Bitsie Tulloch completed her middle as well as high school education from Bedford, Westchester County, New York, United States. Then, she went to study at Harvard University located in Cambridge, Massachusetts and graduated magna cum laude with a double major in English and American Literature and Visual and Environmental Studies.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Andrew Cheesman Tulloch (Worked in Latin American Banking)
- Mother – Wilhelmina Andrea (Butcher)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Walter Scott Tulloch (Paternal Grandfather), Thomas Hildrup Tullach (Paternal Great Grandfather), Seymour Wilcox Tulloch (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Jessica Sophia Hildrup (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Eleanor Page Pratt (Paternal Great Grandmother), Walter Scott Pratt (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Julia Tweedie Page (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Betty/Elizabeth K. Cheesman (Paternal Grandmother), Benjamin F. Cheesman (Paternal Great Grandfather), Joseph Cheeseman (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Elizabeth M. Forster (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Jessie Curr (Paternal Great Grandmother), James Curr (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Grace (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), William Solomon Butcher (Maternal Grandfather), Celeste Rosa Gastellum (Maternal Grandmother), David A. Giuntoli Sr. (Father-In-Law), Mary (Mother-In-Law)
Bitsie Tulloch is represented by Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bitsie Tulloch has dated –
- David Giuntoli (2011-Present) – Bitsie Tulloch met actor, producer, and writer, David Giuntoli, for the first time in 2011 while filming the arthouse drama film, Caroline and Jackie, in which they both starred, alongside Marguerite Moreau, Valerie Azlynn, Jason Gray-Stanford, and David Fuit, as one another’s love interests. The duo was also cast in the police procedural drama series, Grimm, and eventually, they developed a bond. Bitsie and David only revealed their relationship to the public in July 2016, adding that they have also got engaged in April 2016. The following year, in June 2017, the couple tied the knot. After being married for over a year, she announced the news of her first pregnancy in October 2018 and also revealed that the duo was expecting a girl. Soon after, in February 2019, they were blessed with a girl named Vivian Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch often shares pictures of her family on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Bitsie Tulloch is of English, Scottish, Irish, Spanish, and Mexican descent.
- Lean physique
- Dimpled smile
In 2007, Bitsie Tulloch appeared in a commercial for Diet Coke.
She has also either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of LOVER, Tory Burch, Ann Marie Spinelli, MICHAEL CINCO Dubai, CAVERN HOME, West Elm, and Barneys New York.
Best Known For
- Having starred as Juliette Silverton/Eve in the fantasy police procedural drama television series, Grimm, alongside David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Jacqueline Toboni, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, Bree Turner, and Claire Coffee
- Playing the lead role of Dylan Krieger, a self-proclaimed writer who works as an associate editor at a magazine called Attitude, in the web series, Quarterlife
- Having been cast in a variety of roles in several shows such as Intern Susan in The West Wing, Tara Kozlowski in Cold Case, Alex in Lonelygirl15, Whitney in House, Alexandra Hubbard in Tyranny, Bethany Whitmore in Outlaw, Juliette Silverton in Grimm: Love Is in the Air, and Lois Lane in The Flash
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Facebook, more than 500k followers on Instagram, and more than 150k followers on Twitter
Bitsie Tulloch made her first feature film appearance by playing the role of Corrine in the comedy-drama film, Uncross the Stars, in 2008. It was premiered at the Phoenix Film Festival on April 5, 2008, and the other cast members included Daniel Gillies, Barbara Hershey, Ron Perlman, Pat Crawford Brown, Linda Porter, Takayo Fischer, and many more.
The same year, Bitsie Tulloch made her first theatrical film appearance as Nadine in the drama crime thriller film, Lakeview Terrace, which starred actors Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Wilson, and Kerry Washington.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Sweets in the 3D computer-animated adventure comedy-drama film, Alpha and Omega, in 2010. Directed by Anthony Bell, the film starred the likes of Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Dennis Hopper, Danny Glover, and Christina Ricci.
First TV Show
Bitsie Tulloch made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Intern Susan in an episode, titled Third-Day Story, of the serial political drama series, The West Wing, in November 2004. The lead cast of the show consisted of Rob Lowe, Moira Kelly, Dulé Hill, Allison Janney, Richard Schiff, John Spencer, Mary McCormack, Jimmy Smits, Alan Alda, and Kristin Chenoweth.
Bitsie Tulloch stays fit by working out on a regular basis and enjoys doing Pilates under the guidance of her instructor, Tara Russell, who also happens to be her Gyrotonic trainer. Bitsie has said that Pilates help her tone and strengthen her core while Gyrotonic helps her strengthen her back. She also indulges in a number of exercises with her personal trainer Irina Barlage.
Bitsie Tulloch Favorite Things
- Music Album – “Talking Book” by Stevie Wonder
- TV Shows – Grimm, Daily Show, Housewives
Source – Glamour
Bitsie Tulloch Facts
- She spent her childhood years in countries such as Spain, Uruguay, and Argentina due to her father’s job.
- Her nickname ‘Bitsie’ is an homage to her oddly-nicknamed grandfather who served as a World War II bomber pilot.
- In March 2006, Bitsie Tulloch was cast in the lead role of Sally in the premiere of Sam Forman’s play, Quarterlife, which opened at the Pico Playhouse and her performance gathered many positive reviews and the Los Angeles Times wrote, “Superbly performed…the scene at the end of the play, between Sally (Bitsie Tulloch) and Jack (Clark Freeman), was heartbreaking and beautiful… The lead actress, Bitsie Tulloch, [was] absolutely brilliant.”
- In 2011, she appeared as Norma in the French comedy-drama film, The Artist, which was directed by Michel Hazanavicius and starred Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo. The film won the 2012 Academy Award in the “Best Picture” category and the cast of the movie was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Award in the “Best Ensemble Cast” category.
- Bitsie Tulloch has said in an interview with BBC that “we think the first Tulloch came to the US around 1880 and the Kerrs came in the early 1900s.”.
- For her praiseworthy performance in the play titled Quarterlife, she was nominated for a 28th Annual LA Weekly Theater Award.
- Over the years, she has appeared in several movies such as R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, Life Is Short, Losing Control, Riding the Pine, Parkland, Concussion, and We Love You, Sally Carmichael!.
- Her credits as a producer include working in the film, Caroline and Jackie (2012).
- In 2016, she played the role of Marilyn Sitzman, a witness to the Kennedy assassination, in the historical drama film, Parkland, which revolves around the events that occurred following 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy. Tom Hanks served as one of the producers for the film while the lead cast consisted of James Badge Dale, Zac Efron, Jackie Earle Haley, Tom Welling, Colin Hanks, David Harbour, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, and Paul Giamatti.
- If Bitsie Tulloch could eat one food without adding on any pound, she would eat cheese.
- Despite Spanish being her first language, she is not very fluent in it.
- Bitsie Tulloch became a huge fan of the professional basketball team, Portland Trail Blazers, while she was working in the drama, Grimm, in Portland, Oregon. She also used to frequently attend their games along with some of her co-stars.
- She is a part of the Corazon de Vida Foundation and often visited orphanages.
- Bitsie Tulloch has a pet dog named Henry Tulloch-Giuntoli.
- Her girl crush is actress, writer, director, and producer, Lena Dunham.
- She is obsessed with shoes.
- Follow Bitsie Tulloch on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Keith McDuffee / Flickr / CC BY 2.0