Garrett Clark Borns
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Børns went to the White Pines Middle School. At the age of 13, his drawings helped him win the National Scholastic Art Awards and $8,000 college scholarship to the Kendall College of Art and Design.
When he was 14 years old, he got enrolled in a summer program at Michigan’s Interlochen Center for the Arts. He later studied at the Grand Haven High School in his hometown.
Børns took classical piano classes at Grand Rapids Community College. He also took jazz classes at Muskegon Community College.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist
- Father – His father has worked in the graphic design field.
- Mother – Cheryl Louise “Cheri” Borns (Nutritionist)
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Børns is managed by Lexi Ben-Meir of Connect Music Management.
He is also represented by –
- Tom Windish and Christine Cao of Paradigm Agency
- Alex Hardee of Coda Agency
Indie Pop, Psychedelic Pop, Alternative Rock, Synth-pop, Electropop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Ukulele
- Interscope Records
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Garrett Børns has rarely discussed his private life with the mainstream media and his fans on the social media, which makes it difficult to say anything about his dating status and history.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- Androgynous style sense, which includes a penchant for wearing crop tops
- Garrett Børns has been signed up by Calvin Klein to head their promotion campaigns.
- Also, after he turned up in Gucci inspired outfit for his appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the popular fashion brand decided to enter into an official endorsement partnership with him.
- He appeared in a commercial for Chrysler in 2015.
- His songs have been used in the commercials for brands like Apple iPhone and L.L.Bean.
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his single, Electric Love, which also holds the distinction of being his first song to achieve ‘platinum’ certification.
- Having performed with established music artists such as Lana Del Rey, Halsey, and Charli XCX on music tours.
In October 2015, he released his debut studio album, Dopamine. The album was well received by the critics and managed to reach as high as the 2nd spot on the US Billboard Top Rock Albums chart.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In January 2015, Garrett Børns made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Conan, which is hosted by the comedy icon Conan O’Brien.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Børns Favorite Things
- Current Music Artist – Petite Meller
- Style Icons – David Bowie’s Thin White Duke era and his adolescence in the 90’s
- Prized Possession – Jean and leather Gucci jackets with embroidered flowers, lions, and birds on the back
- Song Of Dopamine – Dug My Heart, Overnight Sensation
Source – She Knows, W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar
- He had started taking piano lessons at the age of 10.
- Initially, he had moved to New York City from his hometown of Grand Haven to focus on his music career. However, he wasn’t still satisfied with the atmosphere and decided to move to Los Angeles before the release of his album, Dopamine.
- By the age of 10, he was performing as a magician under his professional name “Garrett the Great”. He mostly used to perform at parties and used to get paid for his performances.
- While studying in high school, he used to perform with the cover band called Brown Chicken Brown Trout. They even put up a performance at the Waterfront Film Festival in 2010. He later collaborated with drummer Scott Pellegrom and guitarist Kevin Kozel to form The Garrett Borns Trio. They even released an EP titled A Dream Between in 2012.
- His androgynous appearance and vocals have often led to many mistaking him for a woman after listening or seeing him for the first time.
- He is one of the leading proponents of the Gender Bender movement. He often flaunts his nail polish and his stylish woman inspired style on his official social media account and during his performances.
- Børns has often collaborated with singer and songwriter Zella Day, who used to be his roommate in his early days in Los Angeles.
- Like most of his family members, he is a vegetarian.
- His interest in fashion dates back to his early teens as he used to print on shirts with bleach and distress his clothes when he was in middle school.
- When he was finding his feet in the music industry, he was roped in to support various established music artists and groups such as The Lumineers and Mumford & Sons.
- Visit his official website @ bornsmusic.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by digboston / Flickr / CC BY-2.0