|Bryana Salaz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1997|
Bryana Salaz is an American singer, songwriter, and actress, best known as the contestant in the 7th season of the NBC’s reality-TV singing competition The Voice in 2014, where she reached the Top 20. She auditioned with the song Problem by Ariana Grande on September 23, 2014. During the competition, she also performed Boom Clap by Charli XCX, Heart Attack by Demi Lovato, and Amnesia by the band 5 Seconds of Summer, after which she was eliminated. After the competition ended, it was announced in June 2015 that she joined the girl band Sweet Suspense and replaced Celine Polenghi, another singer.
Sweet Suspense‘s single titled Money was set to be released in late 2015, but Bryana left the band in September 2015 to pursue her acting career. After she joined the cast of Disney’s TV series Best Friends Whenever in 2016, it was announced that she would join Celine Polenghi and Summer Reign to form a band named SNRG and seek a major recording label deal. In May 2016, Bryana officially left that band and appeared in a TV movie Urban Cowboy. In 2018, she appeared in the TV series The Mick as Kelsey, and Felice in the feature film Age of Summer, while next year she played Logan in an episode of the TV series Malibu Rescue. Bryana Salaz has amassed a large fanbase on social media, with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Bryana Alicia Salaz
Orlando, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Between freshman and senior years, Bryana attended 4 different high schools due to her father’s military background.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Edward Salaz (Military Colonel)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Bryana Salaz is represented by –
- JPervis Talent (Talent Agent) in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Osbrink Talent Agency (Talent Agent Theatrical, Voice) in Universal City, California, United States
- Kim Dawson Agency (Talent Agent) in Dallas, Texas, United States
- Rare Global (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher (Legal Representative) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bryana Salaz likes to keep her dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Spanish descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
- Short, slim physique
- Fuller Lips
Bryana Salaz became a brand partner for Pepsi during the Latin Grammy Awards event in November 2018.
She has also done commercials for the music-themed video games Capri Sun and Just Dance 4, and as well as Bop It, a line of audio games for the toy brand Hasbro.
Best Known For
- Being the contestant on the 7th season of the TV singing competition The Voice in 2014, and reaching Top 20
- Starring in movies Joyful Noise (2012) and Age of Summer (2018), as well as a TV movie Urban Cowboy (2016)
- Her roles in series Bizaardvark (2016), Best Friends Whenever (2016), The Mick (2018), and Malibu Rescue (2019)
As a Singer
Bryana Salaz attended her 1st singing competition when she was 12 years old. After her talent was recognized, she entered the Iolani Talent Competition in 2010 and won. She also auditioned for the TV competition America’s Got Talent in 2011, sang in front of the judges, but didn’t advance to the live show. Bryana performed a song National Anthem at the D.A.R.E program in front of around 10,000 people in 2013, which was her debut television appearance as a music performer.
Bryana Salaz made her theatrical film debut as Our Lady of Perpetual Tears Choir Member in the musical drama Joyful Noise in 2012.
First TV Show
Bryana Salaz made her first TV show appearance on the family sitcom House of Payne in 2011.
Bryana Salaz Favorite Things
- Activity – Dancing, Community Service, Acting, Singing
- Music Genre – R&B
- Sport – Soccer
- TV Show – 13 Reasons Why
Source – Wikipedia, TeensWeeklyInsider.com
Bryana Salaz Facts
- She was raised in a military family, which meant she had to move to a different city, and often state, every 2 to 3 years.
- She said that moving often helped her with the stress of adaptation to a new environment, and positively affected the stress of having a singing and acting career.
- Bryana wasn’t into music initially and loved playing soccer in her free time.
- She auditioned for a play titled High School Musical 2, held at Ft. Shafter Richardson Theatre. The director of the play said that she was too young for any role, but because he was impressed, created a new role of Jr. Sharpettes especially for her.
- One of the best vocal trainers in Hawaii, Yvonne Iversen, took Bryana under her wing to help her train her voice to near-perfection.
- Bryana was a music performer at the Sea World in San Antonio, Texas, United States and was one of the youngest performers there.
- She left the performance at Sea World in order to be a contestant on The Voice (2014), after her mother signed her up after she was advised to do so by Gwen Stefani.
- Her dad had to be relocated for the military, so the whole family moved to St. Louis, Missouri during the time she competed on The Voice.
- At her debut appearance on The Voice, judges Gwen Stefani, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton turned their chairs, which meant they wanted to mentor her, and she chose Gwen. Pharrell Williams didn’t turn around because he felt Gwen would be the best mentor for Bryana.
- After she was entered Top 20 and was ultimately eliminated on November 11, 2014, Bryana came back for a guest appearance at the Live Finale on December 16, 2014. She sang songs Riptide by Vance Joy, and Bang Bang by Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and Jessie J with other contestants.
- In addition to Ariana Grande and Gwen Stefani, Bryana’s favorite style of music was that of well-known singers Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, and Beyoncé Knowles.
- In 2017, Bryana considered her biggest achievement to be her recurring role of Daisy in Best Friends Whenever TV series in 2016 because the whole cast was young, energetic, and a pleasure to work with.
- Bryana said that one important thing she realized after she became a celebrity was how difficult it was to find friends you can count on.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would attend a military school or college.
- She supports a few causes and charities but prefers to keep her influence out of the public eye as she wants to stay humble and not attract attention.
- Bryana’s biggest challenge in her acting career was standing up for herself and doing things she wasn’t comfortable with. She often felt pressured to do something because of the fear that no other opportunity would come around.
- She was left heartbroken after one of her best friends, singer and The Voice contestant Christina Grimmie, was murdered after a concert performance on June 10, 2016.
- Visit her official website @ bryanasalazmusic.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Bryana Salaz / Instagram