|Chelsea Peretti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1978|
Chelsea Peretti is an American stand-up comedian, actress, and writer, best known for her roles of Gina Linetti in the Brooklyn Nine-Nine TV series (2013-2019), as well as Monica Foreman-Greenwald in Big Mouth (2017-2018), Ennuisha in Future-Worm! (2016-2018), Crystal Peppers / Kim Buckett / Leslie in China, IL (2011-2015), and Farley in Kroll Show (2013-2015). Chelsea had a guest role as Zelda in Parks and Recreation (2011-2012) alongside Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Aziz Ansari, Rashida Jones, and Retta, and appeared in the feature film Twisted Fortune (2007).
To the audience in theaters, Chelsea is known as Brunette CMZ Reporter in the comedy Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016) alongside Andy Samberg, Sarah Silverman, Imogen Poots, and Glenda in Game Night (2018) with Jason Bateman, Kyle Chandler, and Rachel McAdams. She also wrote episodes of The Sarah Silverman Program (2010), Parks and Recreation (2011-2012), Saturday Night Live (2013), Funny as Hell (2011-2013), and Kroll Show (2013-2015). Chelsea also toured as a stand-up comedian across the United States, and created and produced a Netflix Original 1-hour comedy special titled Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats (2014). Chelsea has a notable social media presence with more than 1 million followers on Twitter and more than 2 million followers on her Instagram.
Chelsea Vanessa Peretti
Contra Costa, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chelsea Peretti attended The College Preparatory School in Oakland, California, United States. In 1996, she moved to New York City, New York, United States, in order to attend Bernard College.
She also spent her junior year at college at the Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL) in London, England, United Kingdom, before graduating in 2000.
Stand-Up Comedian, Actress, Writer
- Siblings – Jonah Peretti (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur, CEO of BuzzFeed). She also has a sister and a brother.
- Others – Gino/Gene Joseph Peretti (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Claire King (Paternal Grandmother), Louis Peretti (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Dale Russell King (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Claire Dodge (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Arthur Cherkin (Maternal Grandfather), Adina Mantchik (Maternal Grandfather), Carl Cherkin (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Frances Kanter (Maternal Grand-Grandmother), Herz Mantchik (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Genia/Gena Kodriansky/Kooriansky (Maternal Grand-Grandmother)
Chelsea Peretti is represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment (Talent Agent, Voice, Commercial, Literary) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Shelter PR (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller (Legal Representative) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
Alternative / Indie
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, Chelsea Peretti’s net worth was $20 million in 2021.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsea Peretti has dated –
- Jordan Peele (2013-Present) – She began dating actor and screenwriter Jordan Peele around March 2013. After a little more than 2 years together, in November 2015, the couple announced they got engaged. Their engagement lasted until April 26, 2016, when they announced that they eloped and got married. She also shared on her Instagram on February 4, 2017, that she and her husband were expecting. On July 1, 2017, the couple was blessed with their 1st child, son Beaumont Gino Peele.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian and English descent on her paternal side and of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her maternal side.
- Prominent nose
- Fuller Lips
Chelsea Peretti has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Booking.com (2016)
- Google Home Hub (2018)
Best Known For
- Her roles in TV series UCB Comedy Originals (2009), Parks and Recreation (2012), Kroll Show (2013-2015), China, IL (2011-2015), Gravity Falls (2015), Future-Worm! (2016-2018), Big Mouth (2017-2018), and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013-2019)
- Starring as Brunette CMZ Reporter in the movie Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016), and Glenda in Game Night (2018)
- Being a stand-up comedian that with her own Netflix comedy special and touring across the United States
As a Singer
Chelsea Peretti made her first musical performance during the well-known TV series that she also starred in – Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but wasn’t credited for it. Those were songs Fame during the episode Fancy Brudgom (2014), Umbrella during the episode Johnny and Dora (2015), and Jingle Bells during the episode Captain Latvia (2016).
Chelse also had an uncredited musical performance of a song The Magic Store during the TV special Seth Rogen‘s Hilarity for Charity in 2018.
Chelsea Peretti made her feature film debut as Rachel the Saucy Sales Woman in the comedy movie Twisted Fortune in 2007.
First TV Show
Chelsea Peretti made her first TV show appearance as Eugene’s Friend in an episode titled 12:21 of the comedy series Comedy Lab in 2004.
Chelsea Peretti Favorite Things
- Inspirations & Influences – Lucille Ball, Joan Rivers, Roseanne Barr, Gilda Radner, Carol Burnett, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey
- Animals – Dog, Cat, Dik-Dik, Lizards
- Hobbies – Painting, Amateur Photography, Knitting
- Drink – Coffee
- Songs – Almost by Tracy Chapman, Pancakes by LANY
- Food – Banana Muffins, Spinach Dip, Lobsters
Source – IMDb, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Chelsea Peretti Facts
- Due to her ethnicity, she celebrated both Christmas and Hanukkah growing up.
- One of her favorite animals is a dog. She has a black, small, long-haired dog that she often shares and jokes about on her social media.
- Chelsea was born on the same date as the actor Jay Hernandez.
- She went to the same elementary school with Andy Samberg, who she co-starred with in Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013-2019), and to the same high-school with comedian Moshe Kasher.
- Chelsea had worn braces as a young teenager.
- She formed a comedy troupe with Andrea Rosen, Shonali Bhowmik, and Heather Lawless in 2004, titled Variety SHAC. They made short films in New York City, New York, United States.
- Chelsea has been called one of the fall’s “buzziest breakouts” by Entertainment Weekly magazine, and a “comedic gem, whose dry wit is unparalleled” by New York Post.
- Her older brother, Jonah Peretti, co-founded The Huffington Post and BuzzFeed, both large media companies.
- She launched her own podcast in October 2012, titled Call Chelsea Peretti, because it allowed for the interaction with her audience, which fulfilled her goal to have a direct connection with the community.
- At one point, she expressed the interest to interview Larry David, a well-known actor, and writer.
- The Variety magazine put her on the “Ten Comics to Watch in 2010” list in July of that year.
- Chelsea, through her Twitter account, found herself on the massive list of “140 Best Twitter Feeds” in 2013, created by the TIME magazine.
- Her Twitter account was also ranked at the 75th spot on the “The 75 Best Twitter Accounts of 2014” by the Paste magazine.
- Unlike a lot of people, she isn’t afraid of technology and fully embraces it.
- In her dating life, she found that guys would overdo the jokes to be funny in her presence to try and impress her. Chelsea said it felt like a job application for a comedian and wasn’t romantic at all.
- Chelsea said that she was obsessed with nature, and would have liked to live in the wild, if only she wasn’t scared of bears and other dangerous wild animals.
- She said that she learned a lot from her 2 grandmothers, as they were honest and straight-shooters, and wouldn’t sugarcoat the truth.
- Chelsea often posted pictures of burnt pans and pots, as well as spilling drinks and dropping food, and admitted “she wasn’t perfect” to her social media followers.
- In June 2018, she posted a series of hilarious tweets about her motherhood experience. She said that having a child was like having an 18th-century apothecary at your house, since the open book, potions, multiple projects scattered all around, and spilled drinks were everywhere.
- In October 2018, Chelsea announced that she would only come back for a few episodes of the Brooklyn Nine-Nine TV series in 2019, after which her character of Gina Linetti would be written off the show. Showrunners confirmed that her role was so impactful that no one could replace her.
- Even though she announced that the episode Four Movements on January 31, 2019, would be her last, Chelsea announced her comeback in an episode Return of the King, which was set to air on May 2, 2019.
- In February 2019, Chelsea appeared on the Armchair Expert podcast, created and hosted by Dax Shepard.
- Visit her official website @ chelseaperetti.com
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Chelsea Peretti / Instagram