Florida Georgia Line is an American country music duo based in Nashville which has gained popularity with their albums, EPs, and tracks which include Can’t Say I Ain’t Country, This Is How We Roll (ft. Luke Bryan), Get Your Shine On, Cruise, It’z Just What We Do, Here’s to the Good Times, Dig Your Roots, I Love My Country, God, Your Mama, and Me (ft. Backstreet Boys), May We All (ft. Tim McGraw), Talk You Out of It, and H.O.L.Y. In 2013, the duo also received the Academy of Country Music Award for “New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year”.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock
Big Machine Records, Republic Nashville, Big Loud Mountain
First Headlining Tour
The band embarked on its first headlining tour Here’s to the Good Times Tour in the year 2013 and the tour concluded the following year.
- On December 14, 2010, Florida Georgia Line independently released its debut extended play titled Anything Like Me.
- The band released its first studio album, Here’s to the Good Times, on December 4, 2012, via Republic Nashville and it included songs like Round Here, Cruise, Hell Raisin’ Heat of the Summer, Stay, and Get Your Shine On. The album was certified ‘2× Platinum’ by the United States (RIAA) and ‘Platinum’ by Canada (Music Canada) and was ranked at number #1 on the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Florida Georgia Line Facts
- Brian and Tyler met each other during their time at Belmont University.
- In 2017, Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line released the song, Meant to Be, which gained immense popularity and peaked at several charts including US Adult Top 40 (Billboard), US Hot Country Songs (Billboard), US Country Airplay (Billboard), and Canada AC (Billboard). It was certified ‘5× Platinum’ by Australia (ARIA), ‘2× Platinum’ by New Zealand (RMNZ), and ‘Diamond’ by United States (RIAA).
- Meant to Be was nominated at the 2019 Grammy Awards in the “Best Country Duo/Group Performance” category.
- The bandmates have also been involved in several philanthropic activities and were the face of the General Mills “Outnumber Hunger” campaign which raised $1.2M for Feeding America.
- As a supporting act, the band has been on tours like The Summer Never Ends Tour (2012) with Jake Owen, The Red Tour (2013) with Taylor Swift, and Dirt Road Diaries Tour (2013) with Luke Bryan.
- Florida Georgia Line has appeared on shows like American Country Countdown Awards, The Ellen Show, Hollywood Game Night, Songland, and Ridiculousness.
- In February 2022, the duo announced that they were taking a break for some time.
Featured Image by Morgan Williams / Flickr / CC BY 2.0