|Harley Pasternak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1974|
Harley Pasternak is a Canadian personal trainer, motivational speaker, author, and television host who is known for having served as the personal trainer to many celebrities including Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West, Halle Berry, Robert Downey Jr., Kim Kardashian, Jim Caviezel, and Penélope Cruz. In addition to that, Harley Pasternak has also worked on numerous films which include X-Men: The Last Stand, The Hitcher, Transformers, Twilight, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, A Perfect Getaway, Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous, Bedtime Stories, Goosebumps, The Spirit, Funny People, Whip It, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Dear John, You Don’t Know Jack, Alpha, Get Him to the Greek, Just Wright, The Green Hornet, Trainwreck, Snatched, Flatliners, Jumanji 2, Angel Eyes, The Shield, Knocked Up, Elizabethtown, Wrong Turn, Cold Creek Manor, Something New, Tru Calling, Catwoman, Smokin’ Aces, Gothika, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Constantine, Slow Burn, We Own The Night, and I Love You, Man.
Harley Samuel Pasternak
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
He divides his time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Harley Pasternak got his high school education from York Mills Collegiate Institute.
He then got enrolled at the University of Western Ontario to graduate with an honors degree in kinesiology.
Later, he studied at the University of Toronto and graduated with a master’s degree in Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences.
He also got a certification from the American College of Sports Medicine.
Personal trainer, motivational speaker, author, and television host
- Siblings – Bobby Pasternak (Brother)
Harley Pasternak has been represented by Pacific Artists Management, Inc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm (Approx)
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harley Pasternak has dated –
- Jessica Hirsch (2011-Present) – Harley Pasternak got married to Jessica Hirsch in September 2011. He had met Jessica, who is a real estate agent, backstage at Lady Gaga’s concert in Toronto. They started dating soon after. The couple has two children.
Race / Ethnicity
Harley Pasternak is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Bald Head
- Muscular Body
Harley has had a lucrative endorsement deal with beverage giant, Coca-Cola, endorsing their range of fitness water such as Powerade, Glacéau VitaminWater, and SmartWater.
The other products and brands he has endorsed include
- Fitbit Pedometers
- Ace Bandages
- Oberto Jerky
- New Balance
Best Known For
- Having served as a personal trainer for leading Hollywood celebs such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Kim Kardashian
- Co-hosting ABC’s 2012 daytime talk show, The Revolution
As an actor, Harley first appeared in the comedy-drama flick, Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous as Tony in 2008.
First TV Show
In a May 2004 episode, he made his TV show debut on the talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Harley adopted a new routine in a bid to change his physique. In order to advance his career, he aimed to develop a physique, which was more aspirational than his bodybuilder-type body. He started working out five days a week and went for his trademark 25 minutes workout with 5-minute increments.
A typical 25-minute workout starts with a cardio warmup that lasts 5 minutes. Running, cycling, or exercises such as jumping jacks or rope jumps are perfect for this phase. For the next 5-minute phase, he selects exercises as per his workout goal. For example, if he is looking for a full-body workout, he would go for one lower-body exercise, one upper-body exercise, and a core move. The last 5-minute phase is reserved for cardio cooldown, which is similar to cardio warm-up (but low intensity such as walking on the treadmill).
He complemented his workout routine with his signature 5-minute recipes, which comprises of 5 main ingredients. He eats 5 times a day, including 3 meals and 2 snacks. However, he doesn’t believe in following any fad diet that eliminates a nutrient group. Also, he loves his smoothies.
Harley Pasternak Favorite Things
- Smoothie – Apple Pie Smoothie
- Food – Soba noodles and ceviche
- Snacks – Greek yogurt with frozen berries, soy joy bars, soy milk, and peanut butter
- Cheat Food – Chocolate chip cookies
Source – LiveStrong, PopSugar
Harley Pasternak Facts
- When he was 13 years old, his mother got him three sessions with a personal trainer. She had seen him drop weights and was afraid, he might hurt himself without proper guidance.
- By the age of 18, he had started taking clients. At that time, he had just completed his junior year at the University of Western Ontario.
- While growing up, he used to play ice hockey in Ontario.
- Harley’s first actor client was actor Jim Caviezel, who was preparing for his role in the 2001 movie, Angel Eyes, which also had a young Jennifer Lopez in an important role.
- His first celebrity client was singer John Mayer. Mayer later got his then-girlfriend Jessica Simpson to hire Pasternak as her trainer. He even appeared as her trainer in the 2008 movie, Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous.
- Pasternak was hired by actress Halle Berry as she sought to get the perfect body for her role in Catwoman (2004). He rates it as one of his best works as he helped a woman with the best body in Hollywood to attain a better figure.
- He has launched his video game, Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Workout, which is available on Wii and Xbox platforms.
- He has helped reality TV star, Khloe Kardashian to get her revenge body.
- He is the author of a number of fitness and diet books, which have been sold in around 30 countries and have been translated into more than a dozen languages.
- From 2005 to 2007, he worked with the Department of National Defence’s DCIEM (Defence and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine) as an exercise and nutrition scientist.
- He has launched his exclusive range of DVD fitness line centered on his 5-factor concept.
- He has served as a guest judge for modeling competition TV shows such as Germany’s Next Topmodel and Canada’s Next Top Model.
- Pasternak has partnered with Jamba Juice to launch his exclusive line of smoothies.
- He has got his articles published in the Canadian Journal of Sports Medicine and another prestigious scientific journal, Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise.
- After Kanye West posted a series of anti-Semitic messages on social media, Harley Pasternak cut ties with the rapper in 2022.