|Jay Pharoah Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1987|
Jay Pharoah is an American stand-up comedian, impressionist, actor, and rapper who was born on October 14, 1987, in Chesapeake, Virginia. He started doing impersonations at 6 years of age and mentions Gilbert Gottfried’s character, “Iago” as his 1st voice, from the animation Aladdin. His father entered him in a talent competition where he placed 5th doing his Iago impression.
He studied business at Tidewater Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Pharoah was performing standup comedy in community theatres and comedy clubs in Virginia, from the age of 15. He is famous for his impersonations of many famous celebrities, to name a few, Chris Rock, Kanye West, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, and Jay-Z. However, he became an internet sensation and achieved global fame when his YouTube impression of Barack Obama was watched far and wide.
Pharoah was employed by Saturday Night Live in 2010, NBC’s late-night live television comedy show. The show depicts cultural and political parody of current affairs, and one of the recurring roles that Jay plays is named Principal Daniel Frye, whom he bases on his real-life principal of Indian River High School, Jimmy Frye.
Jared Antonio Farrow
Jay Pharoah, J-Hulk, Premature Miracle
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
New York City, United States
Jay Pharoah attended Tidewater Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Actor, Voice Actor, Standup Comedian, Impressionist, Rapper
- Siblings – Shaina Farrow (Sister)
Jay Pharaoh is managed by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Imprint PR (Publicist), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller (Legal Representatives), Beverly Hills, California, United States
D.R.C. Global Entertainment
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay Pharoah has dated –
- Kat Graham (2015-Present) – Jay and Kat Graham, an American Actress have been dating for 4 years from late 2015. They were spotted attending various award shows together as well as an SNL after-party in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
Jay Pharoah has endorsed –
- Old Navy
- DiGiorno pizza
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Lola Versus, Ride Along, Balls Out, Unsane, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Saturday Night Live, Above Average Music Presents, Notary Publix, Legends of Chamberlain Heights, Family Guy, Champaign ILL, among others
- His impressions of President Barrack Hussein Obama, Ben Carson, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, among others
Jay Pharoah released his debut album Affairs of the Heart on September 6, 2014, that consisted of 14 skits/videos including Affairs of the Heart, I Adore You, Come Home, You Can Have It All, etc.
Jay Pharoah made his theatrical film debut playing the character Randy in the 2012 film Lola Versus.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on Late Show with David Letterman in 2010.
Jay Pharoah Facts
- He and his twin brother were born premature, Jay survived, his brother died.
- His birth name is Jared Antonio Farrow but he also goes by the nicknames Jay Pharoah, J-Hulk, Premature Miracle.
- His popular Saturday Night Live character, Principal Daniel Frye, is based on his real high school principal, Jimmy Frye.
- Since the age of 15, he has been performing at comedy clubs and community theatres in Virginia.
- Jay has been performing standup comedy from the age of 15.
- In his standup comedy career, he has gone on tour with Corey Holcomb and Charlie Murphy, the brother of Eddie Murphy.
- As a child, he was overweight and was made fun of.
- He did not have friends when he was a child so he made up imaginary people and would impersonate them.
- His father entered him in a talent show at the age of 6 and his impersonation of the parrot Iago in the animation Aladdin won him the 5th place in the competition.
- He does celebrity impressions and is famous for his portrayals of Will Smith, Tracy Morgan, Dr. Ben Carson, Jay-Z, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Denzel Washington, Kanye West, Peter Dinklage, among others.
- He achieved internet fame with his YouTube impersonation of Barack Obama.
- Saturday Night Live employed him in September 2010 for the show’s 36th season.
- In 2016, Jay, Nasim Pedrad, and Cecily Strong appeared in an Old Navy commercial.
- Rob Moynihan of TV Guide regarded him as the ‘breakout player’ and, Rolling Stone as the ‘Jimmy Fallon of 2 Chainz impressions’ when he performed his debut show on Saturday Night Live.
- Jay wrote and performed in 1 episode of the 2015 television series College Humor Originals with first lady Michelle Obama on Go To College Music Video.
- He wrote and performed in 1 episode of the 2013 BET’s Comic view that also featured Kevin Hart and Mark Simmons.
- In 2015, he wrote the television special Jay Pharoah: Can I Be Me?
- Jay wrote 1 episode of the Gotham Comedy Live television series documentary.
- While in Saturday Night Live (2011–2014), he has performed on 11 episodes with various artists. He has performed ‘Ruby Tuesday’ with Mick Jagger, ‘One Day More’ with Anne Hathaway and Rihanna in 2012, and ‘Boy Dance Party’ with Bruce Willis and Katy Perry in 2013, among many others.
- In 2018, he performed ‘Jet Lag’ in the episode ‘A Gangster Way To Start Your Day,’ of the TV series Champaign ILL.
- Jay has portrayed the character Floyd Mooney in 10 episodes of the television series White Famous in 2017.
- He starred in the sports comedy film Balls Out with Saturday Night Live cast members, Beck Bennett, and Kate McKinnon.
- He portrayed Barack Obama in the television series Supermansion in 2018.
- Jay provided the voices of Kanye West (2018) and Kanye Canes (2017) in the television series Family Guy.
- He was the voice of Montreal Randy in 20 episodes of the television series Legends of Chamberlain Heights from 2016–2017.
- He provided the voice of Andre in the video game Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare in 2016.
- In 2016, Jay and model Gigi Hadid hosted the American Music Awards.
- He has endorsed the popular brands such as Old Navy, Pepsi, and DiGiorno Pizza.
- He departed from Saturday Night Live at the end of its 41st season at the same time as another cast member, Taran Killam.
- Visit his official website @ www.jaypharoahworld.com.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jay Pharoah / Instagram