|Jennifer Brady Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1995|
Jennifer Brady is an American professional tennis player who had first come into the spotlight in 2017 when she had reached the 4th round of the Australian Open where she was just a qualifier, a fairytale run that had included a win over multiple Grand Slam winner Elena Vesnina. She had capped off the year with another impressive performance, reaching the 4th round of the US Open. In 2018 and 2019, after a spate of injuries, her focus had shifted a bit to the doubles format of the game which bore fruit as well, as she reached the semi-final stage of the 2019 Australian Open. She refocused her game towards singles competitions in 2020 and won her maiden WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles title at the Top Seed Open in August 2020. The following month, she had reached a Grand Slam semi-final for the first time in the singles format, at the US Open. She had defeated Grand Slam winner Caroline Garcia in the 3rd round and former world No. 1 Angelique Kerber in the 4th round before losing to eventual champion Naomi Osaka in the semi-final. The performance had propelled her to the 25th position in the official WTA singles rankings.
Jennifer Elizabeth Brady
Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States
Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Jennifer, after her high school graduation, had joined the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she had completed her sophomore year of college before turning professional in tennis in 2014.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Patrick Brady
- Mother – Elizabeth Brady
- Siblings – Jessica Brady (Twin Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Charming smile
Jennifer Brady Favorite Things
- Tennis Players/Idols – Justine Henin, Lleyton Hewitt
- Tennis Grand Slam Tournament – Australian Open
- Hobbies – Traveling, Listening to Music
- Tennis Non-Grand Slam Tournament – Indian Wells Masters
Source – WTA
Jennifer Brady Facts
- She had started playing tennis from the age of 7 and her major breakthrough arrived when she made her debut for the UCLA Bruins tennis team in late 2013. She had led the team to the 2014 Division 1 Women’s Tennis National Championship title, during her freshman year.
- Due to her surprise run at the 2017 Australian Open, where she had reached the 4th round, she had earned the right to directly enter the main draw of not just the remaining 3 Grand Slam events of the year, but also the main draw of several Premier Mandatory tournaments and Premier 5 tournaments, without having to play the qualifying rounds.
- At the 2020 Brisbane International tournament, although she had eventually bowed out at the quarterfinal stage, she had beaten former world number 1, Maria Sharapova, in the 1st round and the then world number 1 Ashleigh Barty in the round of 16. These were the biggest scalps of her singles career at that time and had helped her break into the ‘Top 50’ of the official WTA rankings for the first time.
Featured Image by Jennifer Brady / Instagram