|Joseph Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1981|
Joseph Morgan is a British actor, director, and writer who has gained acclaim with his role as Niklaus “Klaus” Mikaelson in The CW supernatural teen drama series The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off The Originals. Some of his other television roles include playing Sebastian Sanger/Brother Blood in the superhero drama series Titans, James Ackerson in the military science fictions series Halo, Troy in the fantasy comedy-drama series Hex, Tony Reece in the BBC One medical drama series Casualty, Callum in the ITV romantic drama series William and Mary, Jed in the drama series Animal Kingdom, and Mick Mabley in the medical comedy-drama series Doc Martin. In addition to that, the actor has also been cast in many films including Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Open Grave, The Grind, Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!, Alexander, Eroica, Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!, Mansfield Park, Mister Lonely, Angels Crest, and Immortals.
JoMo, Joseph Morgan
London, England, United Kingdom
Joseph Morgan went to the Morriston Comprehensive School.
After that, he got enrolled in the BTEC Performing Arts course at Gorseinon College (which has been renamed Gower College Swansea).
He then moved back to his hometown London and got enrolled at the Central School of Speech and Drama.
Actor, director, writer
- Father – Nick Martin (Painter)
- Mother – Sarah Martin
- Siblings – Jack Martin (Younger Brother)
Joseph Morgan has been represented by –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Morgan has dated –
- Emily VanCamp (2010-2011) – Morgan started going out with Canadian actress Emily VanCamp in late 2010. However, their relationship came to an end in October 2011. Emily blamed the breakup of their relationship on the conflicting work schedules as she was working in Los Angeles and he was mostly shooting in Atlanta.
- Claire Holt (2011-2012) – Joseph was in a relationship with Australian actress Claire Holt, who played the role of his sister in the TV series, The Vampire Diaries. The RUMORs of their relationship first started swirling around in November 2011 after he took her to the premiere of Immortals. He then tweeted pictures of them together in January 2012.
- Persia White (2012-Present) – Joseph Morgan started going out with American actress and musician, Persia White in 2012. They had grown close while shooting for the third season of The Vampire Diaries. After dating for around 2 years, they got engaged in May 2014. Just two months after the engagement, they got married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The wedding was a small and family affair with only 26 guests in attendance with Joseph’s friend of 20 years serving as the best man. For the honeymoon, they went to Negril in Jamaica as well. Post his marriage to Persia, he became a stepfather to her daughter Mecca White.
Race / Ethnicity
Joseph Morgan is of Welsh and English descent.
Short messy hair
Joseph Morgan has been seen in a “Follow Friday” commercial.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Klaus Mikaelson in the supernatural drama series, The Vampire Diaries. This role got him nominated for Teen Choice Award in the “Choice TV Villain” category consecutively in 2011, 2012, and 2013 while he won the TV Guide Award for “Choice TV Villain” in 2013.
- Portraying Lysander in the fantasy adventure movie, Immortals (2011)
Joseph’s first theatrical film debut was in 2003 with Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World where he played William Warley, Cpt. of Mizzentop.
First TV Show
In 2002, he made his TV show debut with Spooks in which he played the role of Reverend Parr.
Joseph Morgan Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead
Source – IMDb
Joseph Morgan Facts
- Morgan is the oldest in his family.
- His first audition was for the role of Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The role eventually went to Christian Coulson.
- In 2012, he started a virtual book club on Twitter. His followers could become part of the book club by including #bookrevolution in their tweets.
- Morgan has got a tattoo of the ‘panther-like design’ on his right bicep, and another of a feather and birds on his left arm and chest.
- From 2013 to 2018, he appeared as Klaus Mikaelson in the fantasy supernatural drama television series The Originals. His co-stars for the project included Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Daniella Pineda, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell, Yusuf Gatewood, Riley Voelkel, Danielle Rose Russell, and Steven Krueger.
- For his role in The Originals, Joseph Morgan won the People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Actor In A New TV Series” in 2014 as well as got nominated for Teen Choice Awards and MTV Millennial Award.
- Morgan calls himself an original geek and attends the comic-con event every year.
- He is an active supporter of the charity, Positive Women, which works to empower and support women in Swaziland. He even asked his fans to donate to the charity on his birthday.
- BuddyTV placed him at #84 on the list of “TV’s Sexiest Men of 2011”.