|Lily Collins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1989|
Lily Collins is an English actress, model, producer, and writer who is the daughter of musician Phil Collins and his 2nd wife Jill Tavelman. She has gained much popularity with her on-screen roles like Fantine in Les Misérables, Edith Bratt in Tolkien, Marla Mabrey in Rules Don’t Apply, Clary Fray in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, Snow White in Mirror Mirror, Lauren Monroe in Inheritence, and Rosie Dunne in Love, Rosie.
Lily Jane Collins
Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Collins graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in LA, California, and majored in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern California.
Actress, Model, Producer, Writer
- Father – Phil Collins (English Musician)
- Mother – Jill Tavelman (American) (President of Beverly Hills Women’s Club)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Greville Philip Austin Collins (Paternal Grandfather) (Insurance Agent), Winifred M. Strange (Paternal Grandmother) (Theatrical Agent), Jack Charles Tavelman (Maternal Grandfather), Billie Jeanette/Jane Shoaff (Maternal Grandmother), Joely Collins (Older Half-Sister) (Actress), Simon Collins (Older Half-Brother) (Musician), Nicholas Collins (Younger Half-Brother), Matthew Collins (Younger Half-Brother)
She is represented by LBI Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Century City, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lily Collins has dated –
- Riley Harper (2009-2010) – American stuntman Riley Harper dated Lily from 2009 till August 2010. They first met on the set of the movie Priest (2011), where he was performing stunts.
- Taylor Lautner (2010-2011) – Lily Collins dated her Abduction co-star, Taylor Lautner from November 2010 until September 2011. They were spotted having their lunch together and spent their time together during a football match in late 2010.
- Chord Overstreet (2012) – Lily’s rumored relationship started with Chord when the duo was seen getting cozy during Chris Colfer‘s birthday bash in May 2012.
- Jamie Campbell Bower (2012-2013; 2015; 2017-2018) – Lily dated her The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones co-star, Jamie Campbell from June 2012 till August 2013. The duo dated together during the filming of the movie. The couple got back together in April 2015 but called it quits in the same year. They again started dating towards the 2017 end. Finally, they ended their courtship in 2018.
- Zac Efron (2012; 2013) – American actor, Zac Efron had a fling with Lily in early 2012, when they were spotted together, holding hands at their mutual friend’s birthday party in LA on February 8, 2012. Again in October 2013, the duo was seen holding hands, when going for a movie. They split for the last time in December 2013.
- Thomas Cocquerel (2014) – In January 2014, Lily started dating Australian actor Thomas Cocquerel. They were first introduced via a friend. They split later in the year.
- Matt Easton (2014) – She dated a photographer Matt Easton in September 2014. It was revealed by DailyMail.
- Chris Evans (2015) – Lily was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actor Chris Evans nearing February-March 2015. It was confirmed by US Magazine.
- Nick Jonas (2016) – She went out with American singer, songwriter, and actor, Nick Jonas, in the year 2016.
- Jason Vahn (2017)
- Charlie McDowell (2019-Present) – In 2019, Lily started dating film director and writer, Charlie McDowell. Lily confirmed her relationship with Charlie when she posted their picture together on her Instagram in August 2019. On September 25, 2020, Lily announced via Instagram that they had got engaged. The couple tied the knot on September 4, 2021, in Dunton Hot Springs, Colorado.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent on her father’s side and has German and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Thick dark eyebrows
- Strong resemblance to Audrey Hepburn / Elizabeth Taylor
32-24-33 in or 81-61-84 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Appearing in films such as The Blind Side (2009), Abduction (2011), and Mirror Mirror (2012)
She played a supporting role in the 2009 American semi-biographical sports drama film The Blind Side for her role as Collins Tuohy.
First TV Show
In 2009, Collins guest appeared in the CW’s 90210 for her role as Phoebe Abrams in the 2 episodes “Zero Tolerance” and “One Party Can Ruin Your Whole Summer”, respectively.
She is a fitness freak and worked with a personal trainer for her 2013 movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones for three months.
Lily did stability training, endurance training, and strength training.
Apart from gymming sessions, she did mortal combat, sword fighting, aerial work, acrobatics, martial arts daily for a certain time. So, her workout routine was really tough.
Lily Collins Favorite Things
- Beauty Icons – Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Jill Tavelman, Natalie Portman, Penelope Cruz, Agyness Deyn, Anne Hathaway, Rooney Mara, Keira Knightley
- Food – Sushi
Lily Collins Facts
- Lily’s maternal grandfather owned a famous clothing store in Los Angeles. He was a Canadian Jewish immigrant.
- After Lily’s parent’s divorce, she relocated to the US, when she was five years old, with her mother.
- She received the 2008 Young Hollywood Award in the “One to Watch” category.
- In 2012, she was placed at number 4 in People’s Most Beautiful list.
- Her trademark, the eyebrows have their own Twitter account. Lily has no clue about the owner of the account.
- She loves to collect traditional or old antique pieces.
- Lily has done journalism at the University of Southern California. As a result, she had worked as a media person for a number of companies including Nickelodeon and Teen Vogue.
- She is a huge Harry Potter series fan.
- In 2013, she was ranked as the “Most Dangerous Celebrity to Search For Online” by McAfee as the search results led to risky websites (containing malware, adware, spyware, or other viruses).
- She was originally cast for the movie Evil Dead in 2013. But, due to her scheduling conflicts, the role went onto Jane Levy.
- She co-starred as Marla Mabrey, a devout Baptist beauty queen living in a beautiful home with her strict mother Lucy, in the 2016 American romantic comedy-drama film, Rules Don’t Apply. Her performance in the movie got her nominated for the 2017 Golden Globe Award in the “Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical” category.
- Due to her dad’s third marriage, Lily has 2 younger half-brothers.
- She is against bullying and is also the ambassador to the Bystander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization.
- Lily has also served as an ambassador to the GO Campaign, an organization that works for orphan children and vulnerable children’s lives.
- She has been friends with Kevin Zegers.
- She released her book Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me in 2017.
- Lily wore a Saint Laurent dress during her appearance at the 2020 MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time.
- At the PETA’s 2020 Libby Awards, she received the ‘Most Pawsitive Quarantine Story’ award for adopting a puppy named, Redford from the animal shelter.
- In February 2021, she sold her 5,000-square-foot house in Beverly Hills, California for $13.5 million. She originally purchased the property in 2016 for almost $1 million.
- Lily had auditioned for the role of Jenny Humphrey on the teen drama series, Gossip Girl. However, the role was eventually played by Taylor Momsen.
- In May 2023, Lily’s diamond engagement ring and wedding band were stolen at a hotel in West Hollywood.