|NikkieTutorials Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1994|
NikkieTutorials is a professional hair and makeup artist known for posting easy makeup techniques on her official YouTube channel. She has more than 14 million subscribers on her YouTube channel. She also has a huge fan base on other social media platforms like Instagram, where she has more than 15 million followers and Twitter, where she has more than 3 million followers.
Nikkie de Jager
In 2010, Nikkie signed up for Makeup Course by Pascale Tesser at B Academy. Later on, she also did the Hair on the Set: Level 1 Course at B Academy. In 2013, she joined WE-R Agency’s Hair School Course to further enhance her skills.
Professional Hair and Makeup Artist, Beauty Guru on YouTube
Nikkie manages her own business and website.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nikkie has dated –
- Rick Smit (2013-2018) – Nikkie and Rick Smit dated for a while. Rick is also from the Netherlands. They started dating in February 2013. Rick was featured in one of her videos called “My boyfriend does my makeup”. They split in early 2018.
- Dylan (2018-Present) – Nikkie started dating another personality named, Dylan in 2018. After dating for more than a year, they got engaged during a vacation in Italy in August 2019. She announced the same on her Instagram. The couple tied the knot on September 6, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
She is a transgender woman and had undergone the surgery during her teenage years. She came out as transgender in a YouTube video uploaded on January 13, 2020.
- High cheekbones
- She has a tattoo on her hand.
- Blue eyes
Nikkie has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Electa Manuputty
- Morphe brushes
- Pat McGrath
- Juvia’s Place
- Lilly Lashes
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna
- Benefit Cosmetics
- INGLOT Cosmetics
- Helen E
- Cake Face Beauty
- Jouer Cosmetics
She has served as a goodwill ambassador at the United Nations.
Best Known For
- Her amazing and easy to follow beauty and makeup techniques on her YouTube channel titled NikkieTutorials. She has more than 14 million subscribers and more than 1 billion views on her YouTube channel.
- Her popularity on other social media platforms. She has more than 15 million followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook.
- The 2015 YouTube video titled “The Power of Makeup” which gained instant popularity encouraging women to show their face images with and without makeup.
First TV Show
In 2017, she made her first TV show appearance on the popular talk show, Jinek.
In her earlier YouTube video titled My 2013 Resolutions!, she expressed her desire to lose weight. She was on a special herbal diet, which helped her lose some weight. But, because of her busy schedule and irregular eating habits, she started putting on more weight. She later expressed her disappointment to her fans in a video.
NikkieTutorials Favorite Things
- Superhero – Batman
- Product – Nivea Men Aftershave Balm
- Disney Princess – Mulan
- Liquid Lipstick Brand – Anastasia Beverly Hills
- TV Shows – The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Orphan Black
- Band – Florence and the Machine
- Singer – Lana Del Rey
- Song – Explosions by Ellie Goulding
- Actors – Michael Fassbender, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Color – Lilac
- Food – Rice, Satay sauce
- Sweets – Maltesers, Chocolate
- She started her YouTube channel in 2008.
- Her guilty pleasure is watching SpongeBob SquarePants nonstop.
- In 2011, she became a team member of Colourfool Agency, enabling her to find projects in Holland’s and Benelux’s Next Top Model, Miljoenenjacht, and The Face.
- Nikkie has undergone lip augmentation and dental work in the past.
- In 2017, a Prague-based cosmetics brand called Dermacol claimed that Nikkie used their product to shoot her “Power of Makeup” video which was, in reality, false as Nikkie clarified it in a video.
- If she had a superpower, it would be the power to get ready in 5 minutes and look glamorous.
- She has collaborated her creation with brands such as Too Faced, OFRA, and Maybelline.
- She likes spending time with her family and friends, watching movies and playing video games.
- If she could dedicate a date for herself, it would be June 16, because she loves the number 16 and prefers the summer season.
- If she was not a makeup artist, she would have been a web designer.
- She was named as one of the top 10 beauty influencers by Forbes in 2017.
- In 2017, she was recognized with the award “YouTube Guru” at the Shorty Awards and “Choice Fashion/Beauty Web Star” award at the Teen Choice Awards.
- In 2012, she began her monthly beauty-column in the teen magazine, Fashionista.
- She wants to be known for her own unique makeup style.
- Nikkie and her fiancé Dylan were robbed in August 2020 at gunpoint in their home in Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands.
- She has participated in the Dutch game show, The Big Escape in 2017.
- In 2019, she was seen in the 19th season of the reality show, Wie is de Mol? She left the show in the middle of the season. But, rejoined it in the 20th anniversary season and emerged as the winner.
- After she came out as transgender in January 2020, she was eventually called as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- She was once almost cast as Meredith in The Vampire Diaries when she was very young. Her video audition was successful but, when she revealed her height as 6 ft 2 inches to the casting agency, she didn’t hear from them again. The role had finally gone to Torrey DeVitto.
- NikkieTutorials attended her first Met Gala event in 2021 where she had worn a flower crown plus lots of flowers throughout her dress.
- On September 23, 2021, she launched her own beauty brand Nimya.
Featured Image by NikkieTutorials / Instagram