|Rashida Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1976|
Rashida Jones is an American actress, writer, director, and producer who is best known for portraying roles such as Louisa Fenn in Boston Public, Ann Perkins in Parks and Recreation, Karen Filippelli in The Office, Joya Barris in #blackAF. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Now You Know, I Love You, Man, The Social Network, Friends with Benefits, Little Black Book, Hot Girls Wanted, The Grinch, On the Rocks, Wainy Days, Wilfred, The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, Zoolander: Super Model, and many more. Rashida has also been featured in the music videos of songs such as Aaliyah‘s More Than a Woman and Drake’s Nice for What.
Rashida Leah Jones
Los Angeles, California, United States
Until the age of 10, Rashida Jones went to a Hebrew School. She was also enrolled at The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks.
Finally, she got admission at Harvard University from where she graduated in 1997 with a degree in philosophy and religion.
To improve her acting and performance skills, she took classes from acting coach Tim Hillman.
Actress, comic book author, producer, singer, screenwriter
- Father – Quincy Jones (Musician and Record Producer)
- Mother – Peggy Lipton (Actress) (Died in 2019)
- Siblings – Kidada Jones (Older Sister) (Actress, model, and fashion designer), Quincy Jones III (Older Half-Brother) (Music Producer, Film Producer, and Author), Jolie Jones Levine (Older Half-Sister) (Actress and jazz vocalist), Marta Jones (Half-Sister) (Model and Actress), Rachel Jones (Half-Sister), Kenya Julia Miambi Sarah Jones (Half-Sister)
- Others – Quincy Delight Jones (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Frances Wells (Paternal Grandmother), Harold Arlen Lipton (Maternal Grandfather), Rita Hetty Benson (Maternal Grandmother)
Rashida Jones is represented by United Talent Agency.
Pop-rock, funk rock, dance-pop, hip hop
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rashida Jones has dated –
- Tobey Maguire (1997-2000) – Rashida started going out with actor Tobey Maguire in the early months of 1997. They were in a relationship for around three and half years before deciding to part ways in 2000 just before Tobey bagged the role of Spiderman.
- Mark Ronson (2002-2004) – Rashida started dating DJ Mark Ronson in 2002. In March 2003, on the eve of her 27th birthday, he proposed to her in a unique way. He got a custom-made crossword puzzle that spelled ‘Will you marry me?’ However, their relationship ended about a year later. Rashida later revealed that neither of them was prepared to get married, which eventually led to the deterioration of their relationship.
- Seth Meyers (2004-2005) – After her breakup from Mark Ronson, Rashida was reported to have had a short-lived affair with her longtime actor friend Seth Meyers. But, Rashida later said that they had never been anything more than close friends.
- John Krasinski (2005-2006) – John fought hard to get Rashida cast opposite him in the TV series, The Office. While working in the TV series, their close friendship blossomed into a love affair. They dated for around a year before going through an amicable breakup in 2006. They were reported to have got back together in 2008 after they were spotted out on a cozy lunch date. However, the duo insisted that it was just two friends catching up.
- Charlie Hunnam (2006) – Jones was reported to have had a brief affair with the English actor Charlie Hunnam in the later part of 2006.
- Jon Favreau (2009-2010) – In July 2009, Rashida was dating then US President Barack Obama’s speechwriter Jon Favreau. The reports of them being an item started swirling around after they were pictured leaving his apartment in Washington. They had already been going out for several months.
- Garrett Hedlund (2010-2011) – In January 2011, Rashida was linked with actor Garrett Hedlund after they stepped out together at The Cosmopolitan Grand Opening and New Year’s Eve Celebration at Marquee Nightclub in Las Vegas. They also sat together at the VIP dinner and looked like they were a couple.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2011) – Jones was RUMORed to be in a relationship with actor Jake Gyllenhaal in September 2011 after they were pictured having lunch at a trendy eatery in Los Angeles. They were reported to have met in January just after Jake’s breakup from Taylor Swift.
- Drake (2012) – Rashida hooked up with Canadian rapper Drake in 2012. They had first met at the Sundance Film Festival and had been dating secretly. She wanted to go public with their relationship but he was reluctant to do so.
- Colin Jost (2013-2016) – Jones first met Saturday Night Live writer Colin Jost at Seth Meyer’s wedding in September 2013 at a vineyard. They were spotted at numerous events together. In 2016, it was revealed that they had decided to go separate ways.
- Ezra Koenig (2016-Present) – Rashida Jones was reported to be dating musician Ezra Koenig in March 2016 after they decided to attend a Grammy after-party together. A couple of weeks later, they were again spotted together at the Champions of Our Planet’s Future event held at the University of California. By the end of the year, they made another appearance together at the New York Knicks rake on the Charlotte Hornets. In January 2017, they formally accepted that they were dating at the Sundance Film Festival. The couple welcomed a son named Isaiah in August 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has American African ancestry with small traces of Scottish, Welsh, and English ancestry. Whereas, on her mother’s side, she has Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian and Latvian Jewish) descent.
- Hairstyle with fringe
- Wide smile
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Rashida Jones has appeared in a series of commercials for
- Southwestern Airlines
- Gap clothing stores (1999)
- Verizon FiOS (2015)
In 2010, Rashida was selected as an ambassador for the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Collection.
In February 2022, she was featured in Toyota‘s “Super Bowl” commercial along with Tommy Lee Jones, Leslie Jones, and Nick Jonas.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Ann Perkins in NBC comedy series, Parks and Recreation.
- Playing the role of Louisa Fenn on American drama series, Boston Public.
As a Singer
Rashida has provided backing vocals for various songs performed by the rock band, Maroon 5.
She also served as a guest vocalist in The Rose That Grew from Concrete, which was a tribute album for Tupac Shakur.
Rashida was first seen in the 1998 film Myth America.
First TV Show
In 1997, she appeared in CBS miniseries, The Last Don for her role as Johanna.
While growing up, Rashida was a chubby child. She turned it all around with Pilates workouts. As her core was weak initially, she nearly cried from the exertion. Over the years, Pilates has helped her develop a lean and strong core. She hits the Pilates studio 3 times a week.
Also, she regularly works out in the gym (Though she doesn’t like it much). She is regular at the Equinox gym in New York City and is trained by Tafiq Akhir. Tafiq credits squat lifts exercises for her lean and sculpted pins.
Rashida Jones Favorite Things
- Art – Donald Baechler print
- Bedsheets Brand – John Robshaw
- Coffee Joint – Bonsignour Café in West Village, New York City
- Neighborhood Restaurant – Florent
- Cocktail – Grey Goose Martini, dry and dirty and with three olives
- Charity – Peace Games and Jeans Topshop
- Underwear – Muji boy-short underwear and Hanky Panky
- Sneakers – Converse
- T-Shirt Brand – Laloo
- Day Bag – Chanel 2.55
- Evening Bag – Wilbur and Gussie
- Beauty Products – LeClerc lip gloss, NARS Velvet Matte pencil
Source – Vanity Fair
Rashida Jones Facts
- In 2002, the People’s magazine included her on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People”.
- While growing up, she aspired to become a lawyer. However, she became disillusioned with the field after witnessing the infamous O. J. Simpson murder trial.
- Rashida first came into the limelight in 1994 after she wrote an open letter addressed to the famous rapper Tupac Shakur in response to his negative comments on Rashida’s parents’ interracial marriage.
- While studying in high school, she was selected to the National Honor Society and was voted as the one most likely to succeed by her classmates.
- Rashida has created a comic book series, Frenemy of the State, which focuses on the adventures of a socialite, who is recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency.
- The screen rights to her comic book series were sold to Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment even before the first issue of the series was published.
- Rashida and Will McCormack were hired by Pixar Animation and Walt Disney Studios to write the script of Toy Story 4.
- In 2004, Rashida was selected as a board member of the non-profit organization Peace First, which works to teach children to tackle conflict without resorting to violence.
- In 2007, she was made the honorary chair of the annual Housing Works benefit, which works to tackle homelessness in New York City.
- She has contributed and participated in fundraiser events for the EB Medical Research Foundation, New York’s Lower Eastside Girls Club and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- In her early teens, she practiced Hinduism for some time with her mother. They even visited an ashram in India.
- Rashida is the founder of the production company, Le Train Train.
- Along with her co-host Bill Gates, she started the podcast, Bill Gates and Rashida Jones Ask Big Questions in November 2020.
- Jones has launched her own range of jewelry with iconery.com.