|Rita Volk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1990|
Rita Volk is an Uzbek-American actress and model who is known for having been cast as Amy Raudenfeld in the MTV romantic comedy series, Faking It. Initially, she was selected to play the role of Karma but later went on to play the role of Amy. She has also appeared in a variety of shows and movies which include Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, The Hungover Games, Relationship Status, Almost Friends, and Summertime. Rita Volk has been acting since her childhood years when she actively participated in various school plays and college productions. Later, she caught the attention of the desired people in the industry after guest starring in an episode of the comedy mystery drama series, Rizzoli & Isles. Rita Volk has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, USSR
Rita Volk went to Lowell High School, a selective co-educational, public magnet school, located in San Francisco, California. She also acted in a number of the school plays, thus, exploring her love for the art.
After graduating from high school, she went on to study at Duke University located in Durham, North Carolina. She also acted in several student films during her college years and graduated with a degree in Psychology / Pre-medical.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Rita Volk is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rita Volk has dated –
- Jamie Kennedy (2014-2015) – Rita Volk started dating American stand-up comedian, television producer, screenwriter, and actor, Jamie Kennedy, in September 2014. The couple went out for a couple of months before parting ways in January 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Rita Volk is of European Russian and Ukrainian descent.
- Deep set eyes
- Beautiful smile
Rita Volk has not done any endorsement work yet.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a variety of roles in shows such as Rizzoli & Isles (2012) as Lea Babic, Major Crimes (2013) as Briana Mathis, Faking It (2014-2016) as Amy Raudenfeld, and Relationship Status (2016-2017) as Erin
- Appearing in several movies like Summertime (2018) as Winky, Almost Friends (2016) as Heather, and The Hungover Games (2014) as Katnip
Rita Volk made her first feature film appearance as Katnip in the parody film, The Hungover Games, in 2014. The plot of the movie is based on The Hangover, The Hunger Games, Ted, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Human Centipede, The Lone Ranger, Django Unchained, Thor, Carrie, District 9, and The Real Housewives.
She made her theatrical film debut as Heather in the comedy-drama film, Almost Friends, in 2016. She starred alongside actors Freddie Highmore, Odeya Rush, Haley Joel Osment, Jake Abel, Taylor John Smith, Marg Helgenberger, and Christopher Meloni.
First TV Show
Rita Volk made her first TV show appearance as Lea Babic in an episode, titled Cuts Like a Knife, of the crime mystery drama series, Rizzoli & Isles, in July 2012. The show starred the likes of Angie Harmon, Sasha Alexander, Lee Thompson Young, Jordan Bridges, and Bruce McGill.
First Web Show
Rita Volk made her first web show appearance as Erin in the romantic comedy-drama series, Relationship Status, in 2016.
Rita Volk Favorite Things
- Book – “The Sound and The Fury” by William Faulkner
Source – IMDb
Rita Volk Facts
- Her family shifted from Tashkent, Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic to San Francisco, California when Rita Volk was 6 years old.
- During her school years, it was her love for the art of acting that helped her as well as her family to get familiarized with American English and the culture.
- Initially, she was scouted by a modeling agent and then after appearing for various auditions for commercials, she decided that she wanted to pursue a career in acting.
- In 2005, she was honored as the SFUSD High School Poet Laureate.
- During her college years, she was also a member of Inside Joke, a Duke University’s sketch comedy troupe.
- Originally, Rita Volk was cast as Karma in the comedy-drama series, Faking It. It was only later that she went on to play the role of Amy Raudenfeld.
- Due to her Russian roots, she is well-versed in the language.
- Her Faking It co-stars include Katie Stevens, Gregg Sulkin, Michael Willett, and Bailey De Young.
- Follow Rita Volk on Instagram.
Featured Image by Rita Volk / Instagram