|Rosalía Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1993|
Rosalía is a Spanish singer and songwriter who is known for her modern variation of flamenco music. She has also collaborated with various prominent artists like J Balvin and Pharrell Williams. Rosalía has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and over 800k subscribers on YouTube.
Rosalía Vila Tobella
Sant Esteve Sesrovires, Catalonia, Spain
She attended Catalonia School of Music and also trained in flamenco for 8 years under the guidance of Andalusian musician José Miguel “El Chiqui” Vizcaya.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Rebeca León
- Siblings – Pilar (Sister) (Stylist)
She is managed by her mother Rebeca León.
New Flamenco, Alternative R&B, Folk, Hip-Hop, Art-Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass Guitar
Universal Music, Sony Music
5 ft 5¼ in or 165.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rosalía has dated –
- C. Tangana (2016-2018) – Rosalía started dating rapper C. Tangana in 2016. They dated for around 2 years and also collaborated professionally. However, they parted ways in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Rosalía has Galician and Catalan ancestry.
- Plumped Lips
- Sculpted Nose
Rosalía Vila Tobella has either endorsed or promoted brands like Levi’s and YSL Beauty.
Best Known For
- Her notable contributions to modern flamenco music
- Collaborating with various artists including J Balvin and Pharrell Williams
Rosalía released her debut studio album, Los ángeles, on February 10, 2017, via Universal Music Spain.
She made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Pain & Glory, in 2019.
First TV Show
Rosalía made her first TV show appearance as a musical guest in the talk-show series, Divendres, in 2017.
Rosalía stays fit by working out and indulging in dance.
Rosalía Favorite Things
- Artists – Travis Scott, James Blake, Lola Flores
- Female Artist-Producers – Kate Bush, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, and Björk
Source – Rolling Stone
- She underwent a vocal cords operation at the age of 17.
- She is fond of flamenco music and aspired to be a singer from a very early age.
- At the age of 13, Rosalía started performing at weddings and in restaurants.
- Her single, a flamenco-hip-hop hybrid track titled Malamente, won 2 Latin Grammys in 2018.
- Rosalía is good friends with actress and singer, Solea Morente, and director Pedro Almodóvar.
- Rosalía collaborated with J Balvin on his chart-topping 2018 album titled Vibras.
- She teamed up with a theatrical group, La Fura dels Baus, on a show premiered in Singapore in 2015.
- Most of her videos contain flamenco dancers, bullfighters, crucifixes, and statues of the Virgin Mary.
- She has also worked with Catalan producer and musician, Raül Refree.
- Visit Rosalía’s official website @ rosalia.com.
- Follow Rosalía on Instagram, Twitter, Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Rosalía / Instagram