|Sasha Pivovarova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1985|
Sasha Pivovarova is a Russian supermodel and actor who is best known as the longest-appearing fashion model for Prada. She has worked with many other noted brands and designers including Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Paco Rabanne, Giorgio Armani, Jimmy Choo, H&M, Miu Miu, Dior, Chanel, Mulberry, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Hugo Boss, Mango, Michael Kors, Moncler, Kenzo, Dsquared2, Hermes, Massimo Dutti, Alberta Ferretti, Lanvin, Chloé, Dries van Noten, Chanel, Balmain, Valentino, Stella McCartney, Donna Karan, Oscar de la Renta, Anna Sui, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Roberto Cavalli, Nina Ricci, Missoni, Max Mara, Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, Sonia Rykiel, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Phi, Zac Posen, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld, Ralph Lauren, and DKNY. Moreover, she has also graced the covers of a number of magazines like Vogue China, Vogue Greece, Vogue Russia, Vogue Italy, Tatler Russia, Vogue Thailand, Vogue Turkey, Dazed, Numéro Tokyo, Vogue Korea, Vogue Mexico, Pop, W Korea, Vogue Japan, Intermission Magazine, Allure Korea, Madame Figaro France, Elle Germany, The Last Magazine, Vogue Paris, The Sunday Times Style, Vogue Portugal, Vogue Latin America, Numéro China, Elle Belgium, Vogue UK, Harper’s Bazaar Russia, Elle Hong Kong, Vogue Greece, LA Times, Marie Claire Spain, Bergdorf Goodman Magazine, Numéro Korea, Vogue Australia, L’Officiel France, L’Officiel Russia, RT Magazine, and Cosmopolitan China.
Aleksandra Igorevna Pivovarova
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
After graduating from high school, Sasha Pivovarova got enrolled at the Russian State University for the Humanities. She was studying art history at the Russian State University.
Model and Actor
- Father – Igor Pivovarov
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Sasha Pivovarova has been represented by –
- IMG – New York
- IMG – Paris
- IMG – London
- UNIQUE DENMARK – Copenhagen
- IMG – Sydney
- IMG – Milan
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sasha Pivovarova has dated –
- Igor Vishnyakov – Before they started dating, Sasha and photographer Igor Vishnyakov were good friends. In fact, he played an instrumental role in launching her modeling career as he took her pictures and handed them over to IMG models in 2005. After dating for a lot of time, they eventually got married in a romantic ceremony in Thailand and their wedding scene was recreated for the photoshoot for the cover of American Vogue’s June 2009 edition. In May 2012, they welcomed their first child, a daughter named Mia Isis Vishnyakova. They were later blessed with their 2nd daughter named Sofia.
Race / Ethnicity
Sasha Pivovarova is of Russian descent.
- Bright blue eyes
- High cheekbones
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Sasha Pivovarova has been featured in promotional campaigns for the following brands –
- Dior Beauty
- Miu Miu
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Jimmy Choo
- Max Mara
- Hugo Boss
- Giorgio Armani
- Michael Kors
- Juicy Couture
- Frame Denim
- Alberta Ferretti
- Massimo Dutti
- Pringle of Scotland
- Paul & Joe
- John Galliano
- Thomas Wylde
- Paco Rabanne Fragrance
Best Known For
- Having walked the ramp and done modeling work for leading brands such as Giorgio Armani, Prada, and Hugo Boss
- Being featured on the covers of several prestigious magazines such as Vogue and Numero
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in the sci-fi thriller movie, In Time, which had Justin Timberlake and Olivia Wilde in the leading roles.
Sasha relies on Kung Fu for her exercise. She also practices chi kung breathing exercises. When it comes to food, she focuses on eating natural and organic food.
She completely avoids red meat and tries to drink a lot of green tea throughout the day. She is also very particular about getting 8 hours of sleep.
Sasha Pivovarova Favorite Things
- Artists – Ivan Bilibin, Gustave Moreau, Léon Bakst, and Aubrey Beardsley
- Museum – Musée National Gustave Moreau in Paris
- Pair Of Jeans – Boyfriend and skinny fit jeans
- Piece Of Art She Owns – Art print by Robert Rauschenberg
- Personal Style – Eclectic
- Most Valuable Possession – Her collection of hats that includes a hat encrusted with Swarovski crystals and a Prada knit helmet
- Clothing Item – Saint Laurent leather jacket
- City for Shopping – New York City
- Beauty Products – Touche Éclat by YSL and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant
- Fragrance – Viva La Juicy Gold Couture
- Brooklyn Area – Williamsburg
- Brooklyn Hotspots – Cafes and little shops on Bedford Street, Spoonbill & Sugartown (Art bookshop) on North 5th and Bedford
- Moscow Hotspots – Pushkin Museum of Fine Art, Justo club, and Sanduny Bath
- Moscow Restaurants – Zhiguli restaurant
- Brooklyn Restaurants – Marlow and Sons, Miss Favela, Bonita
Source – W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Interview Magazine
Sasha Pivovarova Facts
- In her free time, Sasha loves to paint and draw and has even created an art studio in her home. Her artworks have been displayed in art galleries in Paris and New York City.
- She has worked with jeanswear brand Frame to create a limited edition collection of jeans. Her botanical illustrations were printed on the jeans.
- In December 2011, she launched her sleepwear collection that she had created in collaboration with Gap. The collection was inspired by fairy tales.
- As an artist, she has been hired to illustrate fashion books for legendary fashion houses such as Miuccia Prada and Karl Lagerfeld.
- She got into art early in her childhood and often used to draw fairies and nymphs. She used sketchbooks as her diaries.
- Sasha has revealed in one of her interviews that her signature death stare was inspired by the silent films from the start of the 20th century that was dominated by physical drama, which seemed unreachable and ice cold.
- Her first ever runway show was for Prada. She had also signed a 3-year exclusive endorsement contract with the brand as well.
- In November 2008, she was selected as Prix International Best Model at the Prix de la Moda awards organized by Marie Claire magazine.
- Vogue Paris has included her in the list featuring the top 30 models of the 2000s (decade).
- She holds the distinction of being the first model to be featured in 19 Ad campaigns for the luxury fashion brand, Prada.
Featured Image by Nora / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0