|Sharlto Copley Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1973|
Sharlto Copley is a South African actor, voice actor, producer, and director who has been a part of films like District 9, Maleficent, The Last Days of American Crime, The A-Team, Europa Report, Seal Team, The Snow Queen 2: The Snow King, Chappie, Hardcore Henry, Free Fire, God: Serengeti, God: City, Gringo, Beast, and Ted K. In addition to that, his television roles including playing Christian Walker in the action crime drama series Powers and Chez in the comedy-drama series Russian Doll.
Pretoria, Gauteng Province, South Africa
Sharlto was educated at St. Andrew’s Preparatory School in Grahamstown and Redhill School in Johannesburg.
Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – Bruce Copley (University Professor, Holistic Educator, and Multi-Instrumentalist)
- Mother – Linda Stocks-Copley (Christian Science Healer)
- Siblings – Donovan Copley (Brother) (Musician, Lead singer of the band Hot Water), Marisa Copley (Sister)
Sharlto Copley has been signed to –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Fourward, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
His net worth has been $15 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sharlto Copley has dated –
- Jeanne-Melanie Haasbroek (1999–2012) – In 1999, Copley started dating the film and TV producer Jeanne-Melanie Haasbroek. Their relationship lasted for 13 years and then they parted ways.
- Tanit Phoenix (2012–Present) – After he broke up with Jeanne in 2012, Sharlto commenced dating the South-African model, actor, and makeup artist Tanit Phoenix. On March 28, 2015, he proposed to her and the couple got married on February 15, 2016, in Cape Town, South Africa. Together, they have a daughter named Sielle Phoenix-Copley (b. January 1, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Sharlto Copley is of English descent.
- Great sense of humor
- Often plays funny characters
Copley has appeared in a TV commercial for Nedbank in 2010.
Best Known For
His roles in the movies District 9 (2009), The A-Team (2010), Elysium (2013), and Maleficent (2014).
Copley first appeared in the movie Alive in Joburg in 2006, playing the role of a Sniper.
First TV Show
In 2015, Sharlto made his debut on television. He played the character of Christian Walker in the TV series Powers.
For the movie Elysium (2013), in which Copley played the role of Agent C.M. Kruger, he needed to go through some serious physical training. To know more about how he prepared for the movie, you can read Sharlto Copley Interview.
Sharlto Copley Favorite Things
- Animal – Cats
- Joke – It’s from the cast of the A-Team movie – “I know Mexican judo, man. Judon’t know I got a knife, judon’t know I got a gun, chico?”
- Video game – Street Fighter II
- Favorite thing about his hometown – The soul and heart of the place (Cape Town)
- Weapon in the movie Elysium – Sword
Source – EmpireOnline, Cine-Vue.com
Sharlto Copley Facts
- His brother Donovan is a singer. He is part of the Hot Water band, and his sister Marisa is a clothing designer and a dancer.
- Before he became an actor, he was working as a television executive.
- He loves creating visual effects for movies.
- He has his own thriller which isn’t released.
- He is a huge fan of the TV series A-Team (1983–1987).
- When he got chosen to play the role of Murdock in the movie A-Team (2010), he immediately called his mother.
- Kruger, the character that Sharlto played in the movie Elysium (2013), was inspired by special ops soldiers.
- Copley won the award for Favorite Hero back in 2009. For the movie District 9, Copley was awarded Best Performance of 2009.
- All of his dialogues in the movie District 9 (2009) were fake.
- Alongside Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple, and Lesley Manville, he co-starred as Stefan in the 2014 dark fantasy adventure film Maleficent.
- From 2015 to 2016, he brought to life the character of Christian Walker in the superhero police procedural drama series Powers. His co-stars for the project included Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, Eddie Izzard, and others.
- He portrayed the character of Ted Kaczynski (an American domestic terrorist and former mathematics professor who was a mathematics prodigy) in the 2021 historical crime drama Ted K.
- He provided vocals to the character of Switch (a mentally unstable gadgets expert cape fur seal) in the 2021 computer-animated action comedy film Seal Team.
- In 2022, he started playing the recurring role of Chezare “Chez” Carrera (Lenora’s boyfriend in 1982) in the Netflix comedy-drama television series Russian Doll.