|Shikhar Dhawan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1985|
Shikhar Dhawan is an Indian cricketer who is widely known to be a great opener for the team in ODI formats. He plays for Delhi at the domestic level. He was the leading run-scorer in the 2015 World Cup for India and also became the fastest Indian to reach 3000 runs. Dhawan is considered to be a dangerous batsman in the ICC tournaments and holds various records like the fastest to reach 1000 runs in ICC ODI tournaments. He made his first-class debut for Delhi against Andhra in November 2004 where he scored 49 for his team. He has a wide following on social media with more than 5 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Twitter.
He completed his education from St. Mark’s Senior Secondary Public School in Meera Bagh, Delhi. He later started his cricket coaching in Sonnet Club.
- Father – Mahendra Pal Dhawan
- Mother – Sunaina Dhawan
- Siblings – Shreshta Dhawan (Younger Sister)
Shikhar is managed by Kwaan Entertainment.
- 25 – ODI
- 42 – T20I
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shikhar has dated –
- Ayesha Mukherjee (2009-Present) – Ayesha and Shikhar got married in 2012 and have a son together named Zoravar.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall Height
Shikhar Dhawan has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- GS Caltex
- Ramsons Perfume India
- Alcis Sports
- DaOne Home
- Canara Bank
- Allied Blenders and Distillers
- Big Bazaar
- DB Dixon
- Tata Cliq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Shikhar Dhawan Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Dancing
- Food – Butter Chicken
- Destination – Melbourne
- Ground – Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Music – Punjabi Music, Sufi Music
- Singer – Gurdas Maan, Wadali Brothers, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Shot – Cover Drive
- Sport – Kabaddi
- Beverage – Vodka
- Actress – Kareena Kapoor
- Film – Rocky (1976)
Shikhar Dhawan Facts
- He was born in a middle-class family from Ludhiana.
- His interest in cricket developed after watching his brother play for the Sonnet Club.
- He began his career as a wicket-keeper.
- He once decided on leaving cricket because he was continuously ignored by selectors.
- Shikhar was out on a duck during his ODI debut but scored a century on his test debut.
- He has been a trendsetter amongst the youth of the country.
- His wife is 10 years older than him.
- He has a signature celebration style after taking a catch.
- Shikhar was in a sublime during the 2012-13 Ranji Trophy.
- He has played in the Indian Premier League for teams such as Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals.
- He likes to have a detailed analysis of his performances after every match.
- Shikhar was trained by Tarak Sinha, who has trained several other international players.
- As of October 2019, he holds the record of being the highest run-scorer in a debut match.
- He is a tattoo freak.
- Dhawan and his wife met on Facebook.
- He made his test debut in 2013 against Australia.
- He made his ODI debut in 2010 against Australia.
- Dhawan made his T20 debut in 2011 against West Indies.
- He was the captain of Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League in 2013.
Featured Image by NAPARAZZI / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0