|Shikhar Dhawan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shikhar Dhawan is an Indian cricketer who is widely known to be a great opener for the team in ODI formats. He plays for Delhi at the domestic level. He was the leading run-scorer in the 2015 World Cup for India and also became the fastest Indian to reach 3000 runs. Dhawan is considered to be a dangerous batsman in the ICC tournaments and holds various records like the fastest to reach 1000 runs in ICC ODI tournaments. He made his first-class debut for Delhi against Andhra in November 2004 where he scored 49 for his team. He has a wide following on social media with more than 5 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Twitter.
Gabbar, Jatt-jee, Babbu, Archit (was called by this name in childhood)
He completed his education from St. Mark’s Senior Secondary Public School in Meera Bagh, Delhi. He later started his cricket coaching in Sonnet Club.
- Father – Mahendra Pal Dhawan
- Mother – Sunaina Dhawan
- Siblings – Shreshta Dhawan (Younger Sister)
Shikhar is managed by Kwaan Entertainment.
- 25 – ODI
- 42 – T20I
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shikhar has dated –
- Ayesha Mukherjee (2009-2021) – Ayesha and Shikhar got introduced to each other by cricketer Harbhajan Singh. Ayesha is 12 years older than him. They married in 2012 and have a son together named Zoravar. Shikhar was also stepfather to Ayesha’s 2 daughters Aliyah and Rhea from her previous marriage. They got separated in September 2021 and ended their 8-year long marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Handlebar Mustache
- Short cropped hair
Shikhar Dhawan has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- GS Caltex
- Ramsons Perfume India
- Alcis Sports
- DaOne Home
- Canara Bank
- Allied Blenders and Distillers
- Big Bazaar
- DB Dixon
- Tata Cliq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Shikhar Dhawan Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Dancing
- Food – Butter Chicken
- Destination – Melbourne
- Ground – Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Music – Punjabi Music, Sufi Music
- Singer – Gurdas Maan, Wadali Brothers, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Shot – Cover Drive
- Sport – Kabaddi
- Beverage – Vodka
- Actress – Kareena Kapoor
- Film – Rocky (1976)
Shikhar Dhawan Facts
- He was born in a middle-class family from Ludhiana.
- His interest in cricket developed after watching his brother play for the Sonnet Club.
- He began his career as a wicket-keeper.
- He once decided on leaving cricket because he was continuously ignored by selectors.
- Shikhar was out on a duck during his ODI debut but scored a century on his test debut.
- He has been a trendsetter amongst the youth of the country.
- His wife is 10 years older than him.
- He has a signature celebration style after taking a catch.
- Shikhar was in a sublime during the 2012-13 Ranji Trophy.
- He has played in the Indian Premier League for teams such as Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals.
- He likes to have a detailed analysis of his performances after every match.
- Shikhar was trained by Tarak Sinha, who has trained several other international players.
- As of October 2019, he holds the record of being the highest run-scorer in a debut match.
- He is a tattoo freak.
- Dhawan and his wife met on Facebook.
- He made his test debut in 2013 against Australia.
- He made his ODI debut in 2010 against Australia.
- Dhawan made his T20 debut in 2011 against West Indies.
- He was the captain of Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League in 2013.
- In April 2021, he revealed on social media that he would be donating Rs 20 lakhs and the amount from post-match individual performance awards at the IPL to help the supply of oxygen through Mission Oxygen.
- In May 2021, he received the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
- In February 2022, during the IPL 2022 mega auction, he was purchased by Punjab Kings for INR 8.25 crore.
- In 2022, Shikhar made his Bollywood debut by appearing in a cameo role in the film Double XL starring Huma Qureshi and Sonakshi Sinha where they played the role of plus-size women.
Featured Image by NAPARAZZI / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0