|Stephen Colletti Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1986|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Stephen Colletti is an American actor who is famous for his first acting gig, a reality show called Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County in 2004. Born and raised in Newport Beach, California, he spent a lot of time outdoors doing adventurous things. His career kicked off when he showed interest in acting and participated in the Junior Park Avenue Player’s theatre program. After that, he got picked for Laguna Beach. After college, he moved to Los Angeles to develop his acting skills. In 2007, he ended up with a role on the TV show One Tree Hill. Apart from that, he has starred in movies like Normal Adolescent Behavior (2007), Shannon’s Rainbow (2009), and Mask Maker (2011). He has worked with actors like Amber Tamblyn, Ashton Holmes, Hilarie Burton, Haylie Duff, and Chris Carmack, and many others. He has also hosted TV shows like MTV’s Total Request Live (TRL), MTV specials: Beach House, and many more. He is active on Instagram with more than 500k followers.
Newport Beach, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Stephen enrolled in Laguna Beach High School in Laguna Beach, California. For college, in November 2004, he started attending San Francisco State University for the studies of Radio and Television methods.
- Father – Bruce Colletti
- Mother – Lorilee Colletti
- Siblings – John Colletti (Older Brother), Lauren Colletti (Older Sister)
- Others – August Colletti (Paternal Grandfather), Thelma Pauline Eckland (Paternal Grandmother), George Edward Goodall (Maternal Grandfather), Jane Charlotte Howard (Maternal Grandmother)
Stephen is managed by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen has dated –
- Lalaine (1999-2000) – Stephen started dating actress and singer Lalaine in 1999. The couple dated briefly for about a year before they split in 2000.
- Kristin Cavallari (2001-2004) – Kristin is an actress and a fashion designer by profession. Kristin and Stephen were co-stars on the show Laguna Beach and they first met in high school. They started dating in 2001 when they were still in high school. After dating for almost 3 years, they broke up in 2004 because Colletti started showing interest in his other co-star, Lauren Conrad.
- Lauren Conrad (2004-2005) – Conrad and Colletti soon got in a relationship in 2004 after Colletti broke up with Kristin. Lauren was his co-star on Laguna Beach. Soon after they started dating, they realized the relationship was born out of dishonesty and they ended it in 2005.
- Hayden Panettiere (2006-2008) – Actress Hayden started dating Colletti in 2006 when she was 17 years old. She ended it with him in 2008 because she needed more time to discover herself.
- Chelsea Kane (2011-2013) – Chelsea is an American actress and singer. She was a participant on Dancing With The Stars (2011). The couple started dating in 2011 and they split in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Stephen has Italian, Irish, Scottish, Swedish, and English ancestry.
Best Known For
- Acting on the drama series One Tree Hill (2007-2012) as Chase Adams
- Appearing on the reality show called Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County (2004-2005)
Stephen made his feature film debut in 2007 in the movie Normal Adolescent Behavior.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Bug Juice in 1998.
Stephen Colletti Favorite Things
- Place – The Beach
- Workout – Something outdoorsy like hiking
- Dance Moves – Shuffle, Cripwalk
- TV Channels – Discovery, National Geography
- TV Show – Gold Rush
- Childhood Movie – Top Gun (1986)
- Science Fiction Movie – Harry Potter
- Comedy TV Shows – Parks and Recreation, The Office
- Football Team – Dallas Cowboys
Stephen Colletti Facts
- He claims that his secret talent is juggling.
- His celebrity female crushes are Charlize Theron and Michelle Williams. His celebrity male crush is Christian Bale.
- Stephen thinks of acting as just entertainment and not a source to become a celebrity. He says that he does not like dealing with the press.
- He loved working on Laguna Beach and said he would do it all over again.
- Stephen’s mom calls him Babyface and he finds that embarrassing.
- As a kid, Stephen would love climbing trees. Even as an adult, he said that he is an adrenaline junkie and loves to do adventurous things. His mom does not like that.
- He said that before Laguna Beach went on air, he thought that they were shooting for a documentary.
- Stephen never took acting during high school seriously. He wanted to be a regular kid, who would play sports.
- Stephen is very fond of flying aircraft.
- He is very thankful and grateful to One Tree Hill for giving him his big break as an actor.
- He claims that the show Laguna Beach gave him an image of a Casanova, which he’s not.
- Stephen says that if he weren’t an actor, then he would have been a struggling actor.
- During summertime, he used to love playing outside. His mom used to send him out and would ask him to ‘do something and come back home.’
- He did not play a lot of video games and watched TV as a kid. He has been an outdoor person since childhood.
- His family used to spend a lot of time outdoors at the beach or camping during summer.
- James Lafferty and Robert Buckley are his co-stars from One Tree Hill and also his really good friends.
- He was one of the groomsmen for his co-star Lee Norris’s wedding.
- Stephen Colletti’s grandparents lived off the coast of Vancouver.
- He appeared in Celluloid Dreams (2014), a short film directed by Jonathan Dillion which won 2 grand jury awards. It also entered the prestigious pool for Academy Award nomination-eligible shorts.
- In middle school, he joined Junior Park Avenue Player’s theatre program, after which he was offered a place on the show Laguna Beach.
- After 2 seasons of the show Laguna Beach, he quit the show and traveled to New York. Then, he started working as a VJ for MTV’s Total Request Live (TRL) in 2004.
- Stephen worked in a surf shop before graduating from Laguna Beach High School.
- In the music video White Horse by Taylor Swift, Stephen played the character of her lover. She selected Stephen for this role because according to Taylor, he has the kind of face which looks sweet and nice and wouldn’t lie.
- Stephen and his One Tree Hill co-star James Lafferty worked on the 1st season of a TV comedy called Everyone is Doing Great in 2018. Stephen was the writer, producer, as well as the cast member of this show.
- Follow Stephen on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Stephen Colletti / Instagram