|Sudev Nair Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
Sudev Nair is an Indian actor, model, director, writer, and dancer who has mainly worked in Malayalam films. Over the years, he has been a part of many films and shows like Million Dollar Arm, Gulaab Gang, My Life Partner, Karinkunnam 6’S, Anarkali, Thakkol, Thrissur Pooram, Campus Diary, Ezra, Angarajyathe Jimmanmar, Abrahaminte Santhathikal, One, Kayamkulam Kochunni, Mikhael, India’s Most Wanted, Athiran, Old Monk, Bheeshma Parvam, Sleeplessly Yours, Life As An Introvert, CBI 5, and Training Montage.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sudev Nair studied at Sulochanadevi Singhania High School in Thane. Then, he attended VG Vaze College of Arts, Science and Commerce in Mulund and completed his 11th and 12th.
In 2007, he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur (VNIT), a public technical university located in Nagpur. Afterward, Sudev Nair enrolled at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune and completed his post-graduation in Acting. He trained in Kathakali from Kerala Kalamandalam on a scholarship from SPIC MACAY during his time at the Pune Film Institute.
Additionally, Sudev Nair has received training in break dancing, parkour, boxing, karate, judo, and Kalaripayattu.
Actor, Model, Director, Writer, Dancer
- Father – V. Vijayakumar
- Mother – Subhada Vijayakumar
- Siblings – Sujai Nair (Younger Brother) (Software Professional)
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Deep baritone voice
Sudev Nair Facts
- He grew up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- His family hails from Palakkad, Kerala.
- In 2001, Sudev Nair won a bronze medal in the High Jump category at the Under 16 National Games.
- In 2010, his short ad for Mountain Dew soft drink was shortlisted for the finals at the MOFILM Barcelona Ad Film Fest.
- Sudev Nair made his first theatrical film appearance as Arjun Shankar in the 2014 Hindi-language action drama film Gulaab Gang, starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla.
- In 2014, he appeared in a minor role as News Anchor in the American biographical sports drama film Million Dollar Arm. Based on the true story of Indian baseball players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, the film stars Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi, Bill Paxton, Suraj Sharma, Lake Bell, and Alan Arkin.
- Sudev co-starred as Kiran in the 2014 Malayalam-language drama film My Life Partner and this performance won him the Kerala State Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- He was seen as Sub Lieutenant Naseeb Imam (Indian Navy officer) in the 2015 Malayalam-language romantic thriller film Anarkali.
- In 2018, he portrayed the character of Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma (the Maharaja of the Kingdom of Travancore) in the Malayalam-language historical action film Kayamkulam Kochunni. The film stars Nivin Pauly and Mohanlal and became the highest-grossing Malayalam film of the year.
- Sudev Nair brought to life the character of Yusuf (nicknamed GHOST) in the 2019 Hindi-language action thriller film India’s Most Wanted.
Featured Image by Maqbool143 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0