|Sumona Chakravarti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sumona Chakravarti is an Indian film and television actress, model, dancer, theatre artist, and comedian who is known for having been cast in shows such as Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Comedy Nights With Kapil, The Kapil Sharma Show, Neer Bhare Tere Naina Devi, Kahani Comedy Circus Ki, Kasamh Se, Sapno Se Bhare Naina, Ek Thhi Naayka, Jamai Raja, and Yeh Hai Aashiqui.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actress, Model, Comedian, Dancer, Theatre Artist
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Sumona Chakravarti is of Bengali descent.
- Short stature
- Charming smile
Sumona Chakravarti Facts
- Her acting career started at the age of 11 when she played the role of Neha in the 1999 romantic drama film, Mann.
- She appeared as Shruti’s Friend in the 2012 Hindi-language comedy-drama film, Barfi!, starring Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, and Ileana D’Cruz.
- In 2014, Sumona played the character named Vidhi Ajmera in the Hindi-language action heist film, Kick, whose lead cast included Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Randeep Hooda, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Mithun Chakraborty.
- She was nominated for an Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Comedy)” in 2015.
- As a theatre artist, she has been cast in a couple of productions like Da Dating Truths at St. Andrews Auditorium in Bandra (W), Mumbai in 2009 and The Relationship Agreement at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (India) in 2016.
- On October 27, 2016, Sumona Chakravarti was honored with the Yash Bharti Award by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. The prestigious award is conferred to people of Uttar Pradesh who have made a remarkable contribution in various fields such as poetry, sports, education, journalism, yoga, acting, music, medicine, handicraft, and social work.
- She quit smoking in 2017.
- She has also done travel shows like Dubai Diaries and Swiss Made Adventures.
- Since 2011, she has been battling endometriosis (where the tissue that lines the inside of the uterus is present outside of it) and is in stage 4 for many years. She tries to stay away from stress, eats healthily, and exercises to keep herself fit.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0