|Tom Rosenthal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1988|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Tom Rosenthal is an English actor, comedian, voice actor, and writer who is best known for playing Jonny Goodman in the television sitcom Friday Night Dinner from 2011 to 2020 and appearing as Marcus in the ITV 2 sitcom Plebs. In addition to that, he has also been a part of many television projects which include the likes of Dave’s One Night Stand, Flat TV, Breathless, Ibiza Weekender, Bear Grylls: Mission Survive, Red Rose, Absolutely Fine, Drunk History, Broadchurch, Horrible Histories, Thunderbirds Are Go, Dad’s Army: The Lost Episodes, and Lloyd of the Flies. Moreover, Tom Rosenthal’s film credits include Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, Bridget Jones’s Baby, Benny & Jolene, Elderflower, Scar Tissue, Under The Weather, and Settlers.
Thomas Alan Smith Rosenthal
Hammersmith, West London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Tom Rosenthal got enrolled at King’s College London (informally King’s or KCL), a public research university located in London, England. He studied philosophy.
Actor, Comedian, Voice Actor, Writer
- Father – Jim Rosenthal (Television Sports Presenter, Commentator)
- Mother – Christine (née Smith) (Producer)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Albrecht Gabriel “Albi” Rosenthal (Paternal Grandfather) (A music scholar and antiquarian bookseller from an academic family), Maud Ruth (née Levy) (Paternal Grandmother), Oscar Levy (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Physician, Writer)
Tom Rosenthal has been signed with –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Rosenthal has dated –
- Vick Hope (2013-2017) – He started going out with radio and TV presenter, journalist, and author Vick Hope in the year 2013. They dated for a couple of years before calling it quits in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom Rosenthal is of German-Jewish descent.
Tom Rosenthal Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Cookham, Berkshire.
- Along with Greg Davies, Micky Flanagan, and Angelos Epithemiou, Tom Rosenthal was nominated for a British Comedy Award as Best Breakthrough Act of 2011.
- In 2013, he started playing Marcus in the television sitcom Plebs. His co-stars for the project include Jonathan Pointing, Joel Fry, Ellie Taylor, Sophie Colquhoun, and others.
- Alongside Craig Roberts, Charlotte Ritchie, Nick Mohammed, Laura Patch, and others, Tom Rosenthal co-starred as Tommy in the comedy film Benny & Jolene in 2014.
- He brought to life the character of Josh (a researcher of Hard News) in the 2016 romantic comedy film Bridget Jones’s Baby, the 3rd film in the franchise and a sequel to the 2004 film Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. It stars Renée Zellweger, Colin Firth, Patrick Dempsey, Jim Broadbent, Gemma Jones, and Emma Thompson.
- He played the role of Trent in the 2023 spy action comedy film Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, starring Jason Statham, Aubrey Plaza, Josh Hartnett, Cary Elwes, Bugzy Malone, and Hugh Grant.
- Tom Rosenthal has spoken about his negative experience with circumcision and his opposition to it.
- Some of his early comedic influences include TV shows Spaced, Brass Eye, and Da Ali G Show.
- He is a huge fan of Arsenal FC.
- The London Evening Standard once described Rosenthal as a “super-smart child of privilege”.
- Talking about his Jewish roots in 2011, he said, “I get called a Jewish comedian and I’m totally fine with that, but I can’t really inform either of the performances I’ve done this year with a Jewish background. But I have learnt a lot about the culture and it has given me great pride to do so.”
- He has struggled with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Featured Image by Christopher William Adach / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0