|William Gilvin Bates Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1965|
William Gilvin Bates is an American social media personality and TV star who is known for being the patriarch of the family that appears in the TV series 19 Kids and Counting, United Bates of America, and Bringing Up Bates.
William Gilvin Bates
Honea Path, South Carolina, United States
Rocky Top, Tennessee, United States
William studied at Belton-Honea Path High School. Then, he went on to attend Anderson University before transferring to Carson Newman University.
Businessman, Social Media Personality, TV Star
- Father – Bill Bates
- Mother – Jane Bates
- Siblings – Greg Bates (Younger Brother), Jennifer Bates (Younger Sister)
- Others – Bradley (Grandson), Jadon (Grandson), Carson (Grandson), Kade (Grandson), Kolter (Grandson), Kaci (Granddaughter), Khloé (Granddaughter), Brooklyn (Granddaughter), Everly (Granddaughter), Holland (Granddaughter), Finley (Granddaughter), Allie (Granddaughter), Lexi (Granddaughter), Zoey (Granddaughter), Maci (Granddaughter), Charlotte (Granddaughter), Layla (Granddaughter), Willow (Granddaughter), Hazel (Granddaughter)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
William has dated –
- Kelly Jo Callaham (1987-Present) – William met Kelly Jo Callaham for the first time while serving on Anderson University’s ministry team. After that, they transferred to Carson-Newman University. Later, in October 1987, William proposed and married her on December 19, that year. Together, the couple is parents to 19 children – Zachary Gilvin (b. December 30, 1988), Michael Christian (b. January 23, 1990), Erin Elise (b. May 2, 1991), William Lawson (b. July 27, 1992), Kenneth Nathaniel (b. August 29, 1993), Alyssa Joy (b. November 9, 1994), Tori Layne (b. December 20, 1995), Trace Whitfield (b. February 1, 1997), Carlin Brianne (b. April 11, 1998), Josie Kellyn (b. August 4, 1999), Katie Grace (b. October 5, 2000), Jackson Ezekiel (b. February 17, 2002), Warden Justice (b. May 19, 2003), Isaiah Courage (b. October 16, 2004), Addallee Hope (b. February 17, 2006), Ellie Bridget (b. April 28, 2007), Callie-Anna Rose (b. August 2, 2009), Judson Wyatt (b. September 15, 2010), and Jeb Colton (b. February 1, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Wide smile
- Neat appearance
William Gilvin Bates Facts
- Growing up, he had attended various Methodist churches.
- William developed an interest in football when he was just 2 years old and by the age of 8, he had already been playing the sport.
- Bates became a Christian after his football coach started a chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes while he was in 10th grade.
- He is the founder of Bates Tree Service.
- During his senior year, he took part in wrestling and even won the 1983 South Carolina State Wrestling Championship as well as being voted Most Outstanding Wrestler that year.
- William started his own church, called Bible Baptist Church, in Clinton, Tennessee in September 2015, where he continued to serve as the pastor as of early January 2022. He is also a member of the board of directors at the Institute in Basic Life Principles.
- He is close friends with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar who are parents of the Duggar Family.
Featured Image By Gil Bates / Instagram