Bir, Ranbir Raj
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pali Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ranbir studied at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai and went on to pursue method acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
6 ft or 183 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Ranbir Kapoor dated
- Deepika Padukone (2007-2009) – Ranbir dated Deepika Padukone both ON-screen and OFF-screen. Though, he confirmed his relationship in March 2008 in an interview. He did a 2008 film “Bachna Ae Haseeno” with her along with Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba. They dated for around 2 years after finally getting separated in 2009.
- Nargis Fakhri (2011) – Ranbir was RUMORed to be with Nargis, when the two did their first movie Rockstar in 2011. This relationship didn’t go far and ended soon in 2011.
- Katrina Kaif (2012-Present) – After appearing together ON Screen in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) and Raajneeti (2010), the actors started dating in 2012. They are currently seeing each other. Neither of the party accepts that they are dating each other. According to an insider, Ranbir proposed her for the marriage, but Katrina had clearly said “NO”.
Normal Body. Ranbir Kapoor doesn’t have a ripped body and just workout to have a lean and fit body.
Ranbir served as an Indian brand Ambassador for Spanish Club FC Barcelona. Other endorsements are PepsiCo, Docomo, Panasonic, John Players, Nissan, Hero Moto Corp, Lenovo (2012), Philips Lighting (2013).
In 2014, he was chosen as the brand ambassador for Lay’s.
Best Known For
Acting in Hindi films like Saawariya (2007), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Rockstar (2011), Barfi! (2012).
2007 film Saawariya for his role as Ranbir Raj, produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He also got Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for this movie.
First TV Show
He has not done any TV show. However, he may have came as a guest appearance in certain Indian TV shows or in talk show.
Pradeep Bhatia is the personal trainer of Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir cannot go to gym every time due to his busy and erratic schedule. So, he takes the help of Pradeep. Wherever he goes, Pradeep goes with him to ensure that Ranbir eats proper diet and does right exercises.
Ranbir generally does exercises which targets his different muscle groups like chest, legs, arms, back, shoulders. He sometimes also incorporates kickboxing into his workout routine. Regarding diet, Ranbir is called foodie by Pradeep. He mostly eats grilled chicken and fish in his lunch and dinner.
Ranbir Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Foodie. He likes every food like Sushi, Vada Pav, Dosa. He comes from a Punjabi family.
- Favorite Cuisines – Chinese and Italian
- Favorite Actor – Al Pacino
- Favorite Inspiration – Al Pacino
- Favorite Movies – Shri 420, Life is Beautiful, 3 Idiots, Love Sex aur Dhokha
- Favorite Color – White, Black and Red (His fave color keeps on changing). But, he wears black most of the time.
- Favorite Book – Kurt Cobain’s biography (He read this book for his character in the movie Rockstar)
Ranbir Kapoor Facts
- Ranbir Kapoor is the son of famous stars Rishi Kapoor (father) and Neetu Singh (mother).
- Ranbir shares his name with his paternal grandfather Raj Kapoor (or Ranbir Raj Kapoor).
- He is the cousin of Kareena Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor.
- Before doing the film Saawariya in 2007, he did 2 short films – Passion to Love (2002), which was directed by him, and India 1964 (2004).
- He, along with Sonam Kapoor also worked as an assistant to the famous director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for the making of the film Black in 2005. Later both, Sonam and Ranbir were taken in lead roles in Saawariya.
- He has 1 sister – Riddhima Kapoor Sahni.
- He learned acting from the same school as American actor, Al PAcino (Ranbir’s role model), i.e. The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- He is the great grandson of the legendary Prithviraj Kapoor.
- Ranbir has co-hosted the 54th, 56th and 57th edition of Filmfare Awards with Imran Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
- He appeared on the talk show Koffee with Karan in November 2010.
- To see about Kapoor family, click here.