|Ashley Madekwe Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|December 6, 1983
Ashley Madekwe is an English actress and voice artist who is known for playing Bambi/Gloria White in the ITV2 drama series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Ashley Davenport in the ABC drama series Revenge, Tituba in the supernatural horror series Salem, Detective Eudora Patch in the Netflix superhero series The Umbrella Academy, Ollie in the television sitcom Trexx and Flipside, Simone Garland in the psychological thriller anthology series Tell Me A Story, Zelda in the HBO Max science fiction black comedy-drama series Made for Love, Julia in the romantic comedy miniseries Four Weddings and a Funeral, and Marissa Delfina in The CW teen drama series The Beautiful Life: TBL. She has also been cast in various other television shows including Hope and Glory, The Bill, Down to Earth, Vital Signs, Doctors, Casualty, Teachers, Coming Up, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Tell Me Your Secrets, Bedlam, Prime Suspect, Trial & Retribution, and Wallander.
London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
At the age of 14, Ashley went to The Brit School.
Post that, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in acting from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London.
Actress, Voice Artist
- Father – Peter Madekwe
- Mother – Tracy Mansfield
- Others – Hamilton Amechina Madekwe (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Kummli (Paternal Grandmother)
Ashley has been represented by –
- Gordon and French, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashley Madekwe has dated –
- Josh Bowman – Ashley was reported to have had a brief affair with actor Josh Bowman after they had grown intimate while working on the ABC drama series, Revenge.
- Iddo Goldberg (2008-Present) – Ashley had a close friendship with British-Israeli actor Iddo Goldberg before they started dating in 2008. After dating for around 4 years, they got engaged in 2012. Three months after the engagement, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony held in the English countryside. Famous actors David Schwimmer and David Williams served as the best men at the wedding. In April 2023, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together. In September 2023, it was revealed that Ashley had given birth to a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
Ashley is of Nigerian and Swiss-German descent on her father’s side, whereas, has English ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Petite figure
- Exotic looks
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Ashley has starred in commercials for –
Best Known For
Playing the role of a call girl, Bambi in the TV series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, and appearing as Ashley Davenport in the soap opera series, Revenge.
In 2006, Ashley appeared in the comedy-drama film Venus as a Royal Court actress.
First TV Show
In 1999, Ashley guest appeared in the police procedural series The Bill in the role of Janie Newton.
Ashley Madekwe relies on Pilates sessions to keep her svelte figure in perfect shape. However, she is not a big fan of group sessions as she tends to cheat in a group environment. Instead, she prefers to do one-on-one sessions with her personal trainer. Ashley makes sure that she is doing Pilates at least 3 times a week.
She is also a hiking enthusiast and hikes a couple of times a week. Her preferred choice to hike is in Runyon Canyon or Fireman Canyon. Plus, she regularly heads out to Ballet Bodies studio. When she is traveling, she relies on BalletBeautiful.com for online tutorials and workouts.
Regarding diet, she likes to focus on eating clean and green. The green juices form an important component of her dietary intake. Every now and then, she likes to eat Cheetos or a cupcake as she believes life is short and the important thing is balance.
Ashley Madekwe Favorite Things
- Go to Quick Breakfast – Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
- Smartphone App – Postmates
- Cities for Food – Los Angeles, London, New York City
- Los Angeles Eatery – Clover, Izaka-ya, Cecconi
- New York Eatery – Miss Lily’s
- London Eatery – The Wolseley
- Best Ever Meal – Kobe Beef at The French Laundry in Yountville, California
- Beauty Product – Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil
- Hair Product – Shu Uemura Hair Oil
- Celebrity Crush – Damage (Boyband)
Ashley Madekwe Facts
- During her school days, she starred in many stage productions of famous plays such as King Henry V and Wuthering Heights.
- She was cast as Vicky in the 2008 comedy film How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, starring Simon Pegg, Kirsten Dunst, Danny Huston, Gillian Anderson, Megan Fox, Max Minghella, and Jeff Bridges.
- She is the founder and contributor to a successful fashion blog Ring My Bell (ashley-ringmybell.com).
- She played the role of Toni in the 2019 drama film County Lines and this performance got her nominated for a BAFTA Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role” and a British Independent Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Alongside Bukky Bakray, Jorden Myrie, Samuel Small, Maria Almeida, and Justin Salinger, she co-starred as Neve/Cheryl in the 2023 horror thriller film The Strays.