|Dipika Kakar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dipika Kakar is an Indian actor, dancer, and reality television personality who has worked mainly in the Hindi television industry. She is known for playing Simar in Sasural Simar Ka and Sonakshi in Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum. Over the years, she has also been a part of shows like Neer Bhare Tere Naina Devi, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8, Nach Baliye 8, Entertainment Ki Raat, Box Cricket League 3, Sasural Simar Ka 2, and Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum. Dipika Kakar won the 12th season of the popular reality television show Bigg Boss in 2018.
Dipika Kakar Ibrahim
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, Indian
Dipika Kakar studied at the Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Dehu Road, Pune for 5 years.
Actor, Dancer, Reality Television Personality
- Father – Her father worked with the Indian Army.
- Mother – Renu Kakar
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dipika Kakar has dated –
- Raunak Samson – Dipika’s marriage to Raunak Samson, who is a commercial pilot, became the subject of news in January 2015 after it was announced that they had gotten divorced. They had been married for 2 years. Some sources reported that it was her relationship with Shoaib Ibrahim that led to the end of her marriage. While Dipika refuted such rumors and claimed that they had just drifted apart due to busy work schedules.
- Shoaib Ibrahim (2015-Present) – Dipika first met actor Shoaib Ibrahim while they were working together on the TV show, Sasural Simar Ka. They hit it off instantly. However, they realized their feelings for each other after he decided to quit the show in 2013. Once they started dating, they decided against making their relationship public as they wanted to be sure about their relationship first. On February 22, 2018, the couple got married in a private ceremony in Bhopal (Shoaib’s hometown). In February 2022, when she was in her 6th week of pregnancy, she suffered a miscarriage. In January 2023, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite figure
- Prominent nose
After Dipika’s marriage to Shoaib Ibrahim, she changed her religion to Islam.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the female lead role of Simar Prem Bharadwaj in the popular daily soap, Sasural Simar Ka from 2011 to 2017
- Having made appearances on various popular reality TV shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8, Nach Baliye 8, Bigg Boss 11, and Entertainment ki Raat
Dipika Kakar made her first theatrical film appearance by making a cameo appearance as Capt. Prithvi Singh Dagar’s fiancee in the 2018 Hindi-language action-war film Paltan. Based on the 1967 Nathu La and Cho La clashes along the Sikkim border after the 1962 Sino-Indian War, the film’s cast included Jackie Shroff, Arjun Rampal, Sonu Sood, Gurmeet Choudhary, Harshvardhan Rane, Siddhanth Kapoor, Luv Sinha, Esha Gupta, Sonal Chauhan, and Monica Gill.
First TV Show
In 2010, she made her first TV show appearance on the religious drama show, Neer Bhare Tere Naina Devi.
Dipika exercises regularly to keep her toned figure in perfect shape. She usually works on functional training. Her basic workout routine consists of a lot of floor exercises along with cardio and weight training. She drinks a lot of water throughout the day.
Her diet plan is –
- Breakfast – 1 large parantha, a single egg omelet, or a bowl of oats
- Mid-meal (Before Lunch) – Seasonal fruits
- Lunch – Dal, Sabzi, Roti, or boiled or grilled chicken with rice
- Evening Snack – Tea and biscuits
- Dinner – Omelette bread or Roti and Green sabzi
- Dessert – Gulab jamun, Rabdi, or Dutch Trifle
Dipika Kakar Favorite Things
- TV Show – Dekh Bhai Dekh
- Comedy Show – Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain
- Female Actor – Madhuri Dixit
- Food – Cheeni Parantha
Source – Bollywood Life, YouTube
Dipika Kakar Facts
- She brought to life the character of Simar Bhardwaj in the Hindi-language television soap opera Sasural Simar Ka from 2011 to 2017. For this role, she won the Gold Award for “Best Actor Female” as well as was nominated for an Indian Telly Award in the “Best Actress in Leading Role (Popular)” category.
- In 2015, she participated in the 8th season of the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Ja. However, she was eliminated from the show in the 2nd week itself.
- She won the Gold Award in the “Most Fit Actor Female” category in 2015.
- In 2017, she was one of the participants in the Star Plus dance show, Nach Baliye 8. She managed to finish up as the 3rd runner-up.
- She has a pet dog named Cuddle.
- In January 2017, she decided to quit Sasural Simar Ka as she needed time for herself. However, it was also rumored that she had creative differences with the show producers.
- In November 2017, she announced that she was launching her clothing line, Sitara. She had decided to name her clothing line after her mother-in-law as it was her idea.
- From 2019 to 2020, she appeared as Sonakshi Rastogi Sippy (Rohit’s wife who is Suman and Ranjit’s daughter) in the romantic comedy-drama television series Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum. She co-starred in the show opposite Karan Grover and this role earned her a Gold Award nomination for “Best Actor (Female)”.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0
She is 5.2