|Emma Slater Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Emma Slater is an English-American professional dancer, choreographer, and theatre artist who has appeared on Dancing with the Stars, the popular ABC dance competition show. On the show, she has partnered with artists like Charles Oakley, Billy Dee Williams, Michael Waltrip, Hayes Grier, Rick Perry, Redfoo, Rashad Jennings, Drew Scott, Johnny Damon, James Van Der Beek, and John Schneider.
Emma Louise Slater
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to a local school in Tamworth, while also taking part in several school productions.
As per her Facebook profile, she has also attended the Rawlett Community Sports College in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
Professional Dancer, Choreographer, Theatre Artist
- Siblings – Kelly Slater (Sister)
She has been signed to –
- Much & House Public Relations
- CEG Talent, Music Artist Management Company, New York, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emma Slater has dated –
- Sasha Farber (2012-2014; 2015-2022) – Choreographer Sasha Farber joined DWTS in season 13 and in season 14 (in 2012), Emma joined the dance show. They soon became an item. The couple dated together and competed as pros on the dance show. But, in September 2014 (before the start of season 19 of DWTS), the duo separated amicably. In 2015, they reconciled and started dating again which was confirmed in December 2015. In October 2016, they got engaged. In March 2018, the couple got married. The couple separated in August 2022 after nearly 4 years of marriage. In February 2023, it was revealed that they had filed for divorce.
- Keo Motsepe (2015) – In early 2015, after she broke up with Sasha Farber, she started dating South African choreographer and dancer Keo Motsepe. They grew close while working on Dance With The Stars.
- Rashad Jennings (2017) – Former American football player Rashad Jennings and Emma were paired together in 2017 in the Dancing with the Stars. Their chemistry in the show made everybody look like that something more is going on between them. But, it was just a rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
She has a British accent.
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Appearing on the dance reality show Dancing with the Stars as a choreographer/dance partner
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in the talk show Access Hollywood Live as herself in an episode dated March 21, 2014.
She is a strong Yoga follower. Emma is such a divine devotee of Yoga that she spends her time attending three different yoga classes.
- Power Yoga at Earth’s Power Yoga
- Yoga Barre at Hot 8 Yoga in Los Angeles
- Xtend Barre – West Hollywood
She feels relaxed and great after attending yoga classes. It all started out when she injured her left leg and didn’t pay attention to the wound at that time. It was after a year, she realized that she is not able to balance herself properly and as a result, started yoga to save her dance career (as none of the injections and other treatments helped her out).
Her landlord also forces her to bring out some time from her busy schedule to meditate, but she has not started out yet.
In all, a combination of lots of dancing and yoga keeps her in shape and full of energy.
Emma Slater Favorite Things
- Yoga Pose – Ardha Utkatasana (Half Chair Pose)
- Dance Form – Jive, Vietnamese Waltz, Argentine Tango
Source – Yoga Journal
Emma Slater Facts
- Emma knows ballet, which she started learning from Novelli Stage School when she was 4.
- When she was 16, she took part in the UK play “Simply Ballroom” as an actress.
- Slater is also a trained Ballroom and Latin American which she commenced learning at the age of 10.
- She entered DWTS (Dancing With The Stars) in season 14.
- She is good friends with Derek Hough.
- Emma, when partnered with Redfoo, became the first-ever couple to do live streaming of dance rehearsals in DWTS in 2015.
- Her theatre credits include having been a part of projects like Burn the Floor, Cuban Groove, Cheek to Cheek, Latin Fever, and Simply Ballroom.
- For the 2012 Billboard American Music Awards, she choreographed Usher.
- In 2005 during Blackpool Dance Festival, Emma was the winner of the British Under 21 Latin American Championships.
- In December 2020, Emma became a U.S. citizen along with Sasha Farber.
- As a real estate agent, she sold her first property in January 2021. However, it was her own house which she had bought over 3 years back in the heart of Hollywood.
- In September 2021, during season 30 of Dancing with the Stars, Emma was partnered with singer-songwriter Jimmie Allen.
- In August 2023, it was revealed that Emma had decided to freeze her eggs.