|Guddi Maruti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1959|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Guddi Maruti is an Indian actor and comedian who started her career as a child artist in the film Jaan Haazir Hain. Over the years, she has been cast in a variety of films which include the likes of Sau Din Saas Ke, Gupchup Gupchup, Maa Kasam, Bewafai, Aag Aur Shola, Tan-Badan, Nagina, Hukumat, Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni, Kasam, Elaan-E-Jung, Mera Pati Sirf Mera Hai, Amiri Garibi, Farishtay, Karz Chukana Hai, Swarg Yahan Narak Yahan, Narasimha, Trinetra, Shola Aur Shabnam, Khiladi, Chamatkar, Balwaan, Honeymoon, Zulm Ki Hukumat, Santaan, Jeena Marna Tere Sang, Aashiq Awara, Waqt Hamara Hai, Dil Tera Aashiq, Dulaara, Policewala Gunda, Dil Tera Diwana, Vijeta, Chhote Sarkar, Dulhe Raja, Tarazu, Aunty No. 1, Rajaji, Biwi No 1, Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya, Meri Marzi, Aadhar, Hum Sab Ullu Hain, Kaamyaab, and Zindagi Tumse. In addition to that, she has also been a part of shows like Agadam Bagdam Tigdam, Idhar Udhar, Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein, Shreeman Shreemati, Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, Doli Armaano Ki, and Hello Zindagi.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Father – Marutirao Ganpatrao Parab (simply known as Maruti) (Actor, Director, Writer) (Died in 1981)
- Mother – Kaneez Fatima (a.k.a. Kamal) (Actor who was cast in movies like Dashera (1956), Tatar Ka Chor (1955), Garma Garam (1957), Darbar (1955), Riyasat (1955))
- Siblings – Dara Munnawar Ali (Brother) (Murdered by Chotta Shakeel’s henchman at his flat in 1997), Vaijayanti Sharma (Married to Gorakh Sharma).
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Guddi Maruti has dated –
- Ashok – She is married to businessperson Ashok.
Race / Ethnicity
Frequently cast in comedy roles
Guddi Maruti Facts
- She was 10 years old when she appeared in the film Jaan Haazir Hain.
- After the death of her father in 1981, Guddi Maruti continued acting in order to support her family.
- She wanted to become an air hostess but could not meet the requirements for the role.
- She appeared as Azgar Singh’s Wife in the 1998 Hindi-language romantic comedy film Dulhe Raja, starring Govinda, Raveena Tandon, Kader Khan, Johnny Lever, Prem Chopra, and Asrani.
- Guddi Maruti played the role of a Travel Agent in the Hindi-language comedy film Biwi No.1 in 1999. A remake of the 1995 Tamil film Sathi Leelavathi, it stars Salman Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Sushmita Sen, Tabu, and Saif Ali Khan.
- She was cast as Chandramukhi/Vada Pav in the Hindi-language murder mystery film Khiladi in 1992. The film’s lead cast included Akshay Kumar, Ayesha Jhulka, Deepak Tijori, and Sabeeha.
- She was seen as Guddi (Divya’s friend) in the 1992 Hindi-language action romantic comedy film Shola Aur Shabnam. The film stars Govinda, Divya Bharti, Gulshan Grover, Alok Nath, Mohnish Behl, Bindu, and Anupam Kher.
- Along with Vrajesh Hirjee, Guddi Maruti worked on a stand-up comedy show called Sorry Meri Lorry in 1995.
- In 2001, she appeared as Komal Singh in the Hindi-language drama film Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya.
- Between 2011 and 2012, Guddi Maruti played the recurring role of Padmavati (Paddy) (Bindeshwari’s college friend who is Madhav’s wife and Honey and Baby’s mother) in the Zee TV series Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein.
- She was cast in the recurring role of Snidhu Bua (Urmi’s Bua) in the television drama soap opera Doli Armaano Ki in 2013.
- She was seen as Principal Ma’am VJN College in the Hindi language coming of age romantic period drama television series Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai from 2018 to 2019.
- Guddi Maruti has revealed that she was not allowed to lose weight during the peak of her career.
Featured Image by Guddi Maruti / Instagram