|Deepak Tijori Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1961|
Deepak Tijori is an Indian actor and director who is best remembered for his roles in popular films like Aashiqui (1990), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Khiladi (1992), Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1994), Ghulam (1998), Baadshah (1999), Vaastav: The Reality (1999), Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), Sadak (1991), Anjaam (1994), Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000), Pehla Nasha (1993), etc.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Deepak studied at the Narsee Monjee College in Mumbai and graduated with a Master’s degree in commerce and finance. Additionally, he also holds a law degree from Mumbai University.
While studying in college, he met Aamir Khan, Paresh Rawal, Ashutosh Gowariker, and Vipul Shah as they were a part of the same amateur theater group together.
- Others – Kunika Sadanand Lal (Former Sister-in-law) (Television Actor, Advocate, Producer, Social Activist), Kabir Sadanand (Brother-in-law) (Actor, Director)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deepak Tijori has dated –
- Mahru Sheikh – He was engaged to the air hostess and actress, Mahru Sheikh in the past.
- Shivani Sadanand – He tied the knot with Shivani Sadanand, a fashion designer, in the early 1990s. The couple became parents to a daughter named Samara Tijori. However, things turned acrimonious after the couple separated in 2017. Tijori claimed that his wife never divorced her first husband thus, deeming their decades-long marriage null and void. Shivani, on her part, accused him of cheating on her and allegedly threw him out of their house while demanding a hefty sum as alimony in their divorce proceedings.
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned mostly ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
Deepak Tijori has endorsed or promoted brands such as –
- Chutki Mouth Freshner
- Parle G
Deepak Tijori Favorite Things
- Album – Aashiqui
- Films By Sanjeev Kumar – Trishul (1978), Sholay (1975), Khilona (1970)
Deepak Tijori Facts
- In 2006, Deepak entered the Bigg Boss house as a contestant in season 1 following the departure of cricketer and actor Salil Ankola.
- He launched his own production house called Tijori Films in 2001. His company mainly produced television serials, among which was Rishtey (1998) starring Murali Sharma.
- Deepak was on the panel of judges at the Miss India Worldwide 2006. Moreover, he took over the hosting duties at the Miss India Worldwide 2009.
- According to him, Hrithik Roshan has the potential to become a pan-India superstar.
- Deepak was considered for several career-defining roles such as Prem Chaudhary in Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) (which went to Salman Khan), Ajay Sharma/Vicky Malhotra in Baazigar (1993) (which went to Shahrukh Khan), etc.
- He regrets not getting to direct the talented Irrfan Khan in a movie. Irrfan sadly passed away in 2020.
- Deepak is a huge fan of the veteran actor, Sanjeev Kumar.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0