|Halle Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Halle Bailey is an American actress and singer who is best known for being the second half of the Grammy-nominated duo Chloe x Halle. The talented aspiring singer started off her career alongside her sister doing music covers of several apex artists including Beyoncé, Rihanna, and John Legend and uploading them to their YouTube channel titled after their stage name. She is also noted for her contribution to the release of the chartbuster album, The Kids Are Alright (2018). Inclusive of that, she has also sung many great singles like Drop (2015), Fall (2016), I Say So (2017), Grown (2018), and Happy Without Me (2018).
Halle is also a well-known show biz star who has appeared in several shows such as House of Payne (2007), and Austin & Ally (2013), and Grown-ish. She is also noted for her work in the films Last Holiday (2006) and Let It Shine (2012).
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Halle graduated from high school in Los Angeles in June 2018.
- Father – Doug Bailey (Talent Manager, Former Stockbroker)
- Mother – Courtney Bailey (HR Recruiter)
- Siblings – Chloe Bailey (Older Sister) (Singer), Branson Bailey (Younger Brother)
Halle is represented by Doug Bailey (Her Father) and Parkwood Entertainment.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Cello
As a part of Chloe x Halle, her music has been released by Parkwood Entertainment and
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- She has long dreadlocks
- Upturned eye shape
- Has a mole above her left eyebrow
Through her social media, Halle has endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Geejam Collection
- The Americana at Brand
- Tiffany & Co.
- Google Pixel
- IVY Park
- Skincare brand Neutrogena (2021)
Best Known For
- Being one-half of the contemporary R&B sister duo titled Chloe x Halle
- The release of her album The Kids Are Alright (2018) and a mixtape titled The Two of Us (2017)
- Releasing several hit singles such as Drop (2015), Fall (2016), I Say So (2017), Grown (2018), and Happy Without Me (2018)
- Being nominated for several highly-regarded awards such as an MTV Video Music Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, and their first Grammy Award in 2019
- Uploading music cover and original videos to her shared YouTube channel titled Chloe x Halle
- Starring in several films such as Last Holiday (2006) and Let It Shine (2012)
- Being cast in many TV shows like House of Payne (2007), and Austin & Ally (2013), and Grown-ish
- Being featured on several magazine covers such as Paper and Essence
As a member of the Chloe x Halle, she has lent her vocals to the release of their debut album titled The Kids Are Alright, which was released on March 23, 2018. It consisted of the songs Hello Friend, The Kids Are Alright, Grown, Hi Lo, Everywhere, FaLaLa, Fake, Baptize, Down, Galaxy, Happy Without Me, Sad Money, Babybird, Warrior, Cool People, Baby on a Plane, and If God Spoke. The album also included 2 bonus tracks Drop and Fall.
The album was a huge success and peaked at #139 on the “US Billboard 200” and at #4 on the “Heatseekers Albums” list that year.
Halle made her debut theatrical film appearance as Tina in the hit rom-com film Last Holiday in 2006.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Tiffany in House of Payne in 2007.
Halle’s active lifestyle, helps her stay fit and healthy. She enjoys various outdoor activities such as cycling and swimming, which in turn offer a great cardio workout. Her workout playlist features music by various artists like Beyonce, The Weeknd, Kanye West, TwentyOne Pilots, and Bruno Mars
In a Q&A video that she uploaded to her shared YouTube account in February 2018, Halle revealed that they had adopted a vegetarian diet for 5 or 6 years and had turned vegan sometime in 2016.
Her meal plan usually consists of a healthy bowl of brown oatmeal with maple and fruit for breakfast. For lunch, she enjoys eating grilled veggie hot dogs and kale chips. As for her dinner, she prefers to eat spinach and brown rice with a side of veggie balls.
Halle Bailey Favorite Things
- Things To Do In Her Free Time – Swimming, hiking, spending time on the beach, and watching shows and films on Netflix
- Snack – Vegan cupcakes
- Song From Her Album The Kids Are Alright (2018) – Everywhere
- Must-Have Travel Accessories – Céline earrings, Dolce & Gabbana bag, Gucci pants, Roxanne Assoulin bracelets, Jimmy Choo shoes, Pandora Jewelry ring, Sandro top, Fendi sunglasses
- Favorite Subject in School – American Literature
- Album Of All-Time – Billie Holiday’s Lady Day (1933-1944)
- Era In Terms Of Style – The 70’s
Halle Bailey Facts
- She was raised alongside her older sister Chloe in Atlanta. Later, she and Chloe moved to Los Angeles in order to build a future in the show biz and settled there.
- Bailey was 2 years old when she had already started singing.
- Halle and her sister started off their singing career with astounding music cover videos of several artists such as Beyoncé, Rihanna, and John Legend, which they would upload to their YouTube channel titled Chloe x Halle. They began their channel in March 2006.
- She and her sister were discovered after they had uploaded a music cover of Beyoncé’s Pretty Hurts (2013) to their YouTube channel. Their cover was such a hit that, it got them a record deal by Beyoncé’s label Parkwood Entertainment in 2015.
- She garnered musical inspiration from her older sister Chloe at a very young age.
- Halle was quite young when she had started learning to play the violin and cello. She is also a skilled guitarist who picked up while watching tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Her father Doug Bailey quit his job in the past, to manage his daughter’s careers as their manager.
- In 2016, she and Chloe were titled as People’s “Ones To Watch”.
- Their mixtape titled The Two of Us was listed on Rolling Stones‘ “Best R&B Albums of 2017”.
- Through the years, they have opened for many concerts including Beyoncé’s “The Formation World Tour” (2016), Andra Day‘s “Cheers to the Fall” tour (2016), and Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s “On the Run II Tour” (2018).
- In February 2019, she and her sister sang writer Katharine Lee Bates’s song America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl LIII. The same month, they were also featured on the cover of Essence magazine’s monthly edition.
- As of June 2019, the social media Chloe x Halle accounts had more than 1.7 million followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on followers on Twitter, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Former First Lady, Michelle Obama is a fan of Chloe and Halle’s music and has often spoken quite highly of the sisters.
- Halle’s pet peeve is people who smack their lips together while eating.
- She and her sister write, sing, and produce their own music.
- A few music artists that she looks up to are Beyonce’, Chrisette Michele, Michael Jackson, and John Legend.
- She enjoys eating a healthy bowl of oatmeal.
- When at the beach, she enjoys either reading a book or listening to some great music.
- Halle and her sister Chloe won Radio Disney’s The Next Big Thing in the past.
- In an interview, Chloe’s father Doug revealed that his daughters had missed out on several casting opportunities due to their dreadlock hairstyle.
- They are known to Beyonce as her “little aliens”.
- One of Halle and Chloe’s first songs was titled “What Makes You Sad?”.
- On January 19, 2021, she launched her individual Instagram account. Earlier, the sister duo was using a joint account to share content.
- At the 2021 NAACP Image Awards, Chloe and Halle had won 2 awards.
Featured Image By Chloe x Halle / Instagram