|J. Smith-Cameron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1957|
J. Smith-Cameron is an American actor and theatre artist who is known for playing Gerri Kellman in the HBO drama series Succession, Janet Talbot in the drama series Rectify, Mary Ferguson in the satirical dark comedy thriller series Search Party, Ramona Luchesse in the NBC comedy-drama series The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Elaine Campbell in the comedy-drama series Divorce, and Melinda Mickens in the fantasy horror drama series True Blood. She has also been cast in several other shows and movies including Guiding Light, The Equalizer, Law & Order, Homicide: Life on the Street, Canterbury’s Law, Arresting Gena, American Experience, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, H.E.L.P., Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Mozart in the Jungle, The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, The Big C, 84 Charing Cross Road, Mighty Aphrodite, You Can Count On Me, A Very Serious Person, Nancy, The First Wives Club, Sabrina, Harriet the Spy, Man on a Ledge, Gal Young Un, Let It Be Me, In & Out, and No Pay, Nudity.
Jean Isabel Smith
J. Smith, J. Smith-Cameron, Jeannie
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
J. Smith-Cameron got enrolled at Florida State University and attended its School of Theatre for a year.
Also, she has been trained at HB Studio in New York City.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – Richard Sharpe Smith (Architect)
- Siblings – Jo Ann Smith (Older Sister) (Teacher)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
J. Smith-Cameron has dated –
- Kenneth Lonergan (2000-Present) – She got married to playwright, screenwriter, and film director Kenneth Lonergan in 2000 and they have a daughter named Nellie Lonergan.
Race / Ethnicity
Has frequently appeared in her husband Kenneth Lonergan’s films
J. Smith-Cameron Facts
- She grew up in Greenville, South Carolina.
- In 1994, she was cast in the Paul Rudnick play The Naked Truth Off-Broadway at the WPA Theatre and this got her nominated for a Drama Desk Award.
- J. Smith-Cameron brought to life the character of Janet Talbot, Daniel’s mother who remarried after his father died, in the television tragedy legal drama show Rectify from 2013 to 2016.
- She played Peg Chubbuck, mother of Christine Chubbuck, in the 2016 biographical drama film Christine, based on the life of television news reporter Christine Chubbuck who became the first person to die by suicide on a live television broadcast.
- Between 2017 and 2020, J. Smith-Cameron appeared in the recurring role of Mary Ferguson in a few episodes of the satirical dark comedy thriller television series Search Party.
- In 2018, she started playing Gerri Kellman, the general counsel to Waystar RoyCo who is also the godmother of Shiv and a mentor to Roman, in the black comedy-drama series Succession. She co-starred in the show alongside Nicholas Braun, Kieran Culkin, Matthew Macfadyen, Parker Sawyers, Sarah Snook, Dagmara Domińczyk, and others.
- Alongside Andrea Riseborough, Ann Dowd, John Leguizamo, and Steve Buscemi, J. Smith-Cameron co-starred as Ellen Lynch, Leo’s wife, in the 2018 mystery drama film Nancy.
Featured Image by J. Smith-Cameron / Instagram