|Jake Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1978|
Jake Johnson is a comedian and actor from Evanston, Illinois, U.S. He is known for appearing in the TV series New Girl as Nick Miller. In 2015, Jake gave his voice to two video games, Lego Dimensions and Lego Jurassic World to a character named Lowery Cruthers. He has also voiced Grouchy Smurf in the 2017 movie “Smurfs: The Lost Village”.
Mark Jake Johnson Weinberger
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jake Johnson went to the New Trier High School. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the University of Iowa. He studied at the university for 2 years.
He later managed to get admission at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts based on the play he had written while living in Iowa City.
Actor and comedian
- Father – Ken Weinberger (Car Dealership Owner)
- Mother – Eve Johnson (Stained Glass Windows Artist)
- Siblings – Dan Johnson (Older Brother), Rachel Johnson (Older Sister)
- Others – Carlyle Frank Weinberger (Paternal Grandfather), Lilyan Turek (Paternal Grandmother), Edward James Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Lucille/Lucy Kopacz (Maternal Grandmother)
Jake Johnson is represented by 3 Arts Entertainment (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake Johnson has dated
- Erin Payne (2006-Present) – As per reports, Jake Johnson started dating Erin Payne in 2006. He was just starting out in Hollywood at that time. There are some other sources that suggest they started going out in 2003. They eventually got married but Johnson being a very private person hasn’t revealed their wedding date or any other details about their special day. Over the years, Payne has given birth to twins. In his June 2017 interview with Access Hollywood, he revealed that they were three and a half years old.
- Megan Fox (2015) – Towards the end of 2015, Jake was linked with actress Megan Fox, who had recently separated from her husband Brian Austin Green. It was rumored that while shooting for a romantic angle in the TV series, New Girl, they had grown close and hooked up.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. While on his mother’s side, he is of English, Irish, Scottish, German, and Polish descent.
Jake Johnson has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Dodge Dart
- AEO Flex/Denim
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Nick Miller in the popular comedy-drama TV series, New Girl.
- Being cast in the lead role in the action comedy movie, Let’s Be Cops, which also had Nina Dobrev and James D’Arcy in important roles.
- Having played important roles in commercially successful movies such as 21 Jump Street, Get Him to the Greek, and Jurassic World.
In 2008, Jake made his theatrical film debut in the action movie, Redbelt, which had Tim Allen in the starring role.
Before 2008, he had only appeared in a direct-to-video film titled Bunny Whipped released in 2007.
First TV Show
In 2007, Jake Johnson made his first TV show appearance in The N Word episode of the comedy TV series, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Before that, he was seen in a web-based series Derek and Simon: The Show in 2007.
To prepare for his role in The Mummy, Jake worked out with his co-star Tom Cruise. Cruise had suggested him to get in a better shape for the action movie and even offered him the service of his personal trainers and the opportunity to workout with him, which Jake was happy to avail. To make sure that Jake was getting the most out of his workout, Cruise got a food plan for him and made sure his own chef was cooking for Jake.
However, when he is not preparing for any role, he is not keen on getting a toned physique. He just wants to be good enough to emerge in a decent shape from any scrap he gets in. He lifts weights to ensure that he is not easily knocked over in a bar fight. He adds some cardio to his workout regime to take care of his endurance and stamina.
Also, after realizing that with advancing age his body was falling apart at a brisk pace, he decided to make changes to his diet and ditched his daily routine of heading to the McDonald’s.
He has started drinking less beer and has also started cutting back on his carbs consumption. He typically starts his day with a healthy meal of turkey bacon, eggs, and berries.
Jake Johnson Favorite Things
- Drink Of Choice – Stella and Perfect Draft
- Drinking Game – Quarters
- Things To Grill – Shrimp, salmon, burgers, chicken, and vegetables
- Non-Alcoholic Drink – La Croix
- Songs – World Gone Wrong (By Bob Dylan), After the Storm (By Mumford and Sons), Change Is Hard (By She & Him), Awake (By JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound), Twins (By Pass Kontrol), We’ve Got Tonight (By Bob Seger)
- NFL Team – Chicago Bears
Source – Buzzfeed, Bon Appetit, EW, IMDb
Jake Johnson Facts
- Jake was raised by his mother as a single parent. Therefore, he opted to adopt her last name while he was in high school.
- Like other actors, he did a number of odd jobs including working as a bartender, cater-waiter, and server in his early struggling days.
- In his free time, Jake loves to play basketball. He is even a member of Sunday Men’s Basketball League.
- In his sophomore year, he dropped out of the high school. However, he returned to the high school in the following year.
- He has been named after his uncle Mark Johnson who died at the age of 26 after suffering fatal injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- When he got in his 20s, his biological father surfaced and since that time, he has been able to strike a close relationship with him.
- In 2002, Jake managed to win the Sloan Fellowship and John Golden Playwriting Prize for screenwriting. His play Cousins was even adopted for a Broadway production.
- While living in New York City, he established a sketch comedy troupe, The Midwesterners.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Genevieve / Flickr / CC BY 2.0