|Jonas Blue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1989|
Jonas Blue is an English songwriter and disc jockey. He rose to fame after he released the cover of 1988 track Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. The song remained on top charts in countries like Germany, Sweden, Australia, and New Zealand. His second track Perfect Strangers was also a hit and topped many music charts.
Guy James Robin
Essex, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
DJ, Record Producer, Songwriter, Remixer
Jonas is represented by Aaron Ross of Infinite Future Management.
Dance-Pop, EDM, Tropical House
Music Sequencer, Piano, Synthesizers, Drum Machine
Capitol, Positiva, Virgin EMI
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonas Blue has dated –
- Melinda London (2017-Present) – Jonas started dating model Melinda London in 2017. They have made their relationship public by posting pictures with each other on their respective social media accounts.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad nose
- Innocent appearance
Best Known For
- Cover of Tracy Chapman’s 1988 track, Fast Car
- His single, Perfect Strangers, which was released in June 2016 and brought him immense fame and became a certified platinum in the UK and double platinum in Australia
As a Musician
Jonas Blue first gained popularity when he released the cover of 1988 single Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. His song had vocals by singer Dakota.
Since then, he has released songs like Perfect Stranger, By Your Side, Mama, and We Could Go.
First TV Show
Jonas made his first TV show appearance on the show The Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2018.
Jonas Blue Favorite Things
- Singer /Songwriter – Max Martin, Ellie Goulding
- Artists He Would Want To Work With – Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Calvin Harris, Zedd
- Place To Perform – Asia
Source – Glamour Magazine, SquareMile.com
Jonas Blue Facts
- Jonas played flute and saxophone in primary school when he was 7 years old.
- He made a studio in his bedroom when he was 11 years old and ever since dreamed of being a record producer.
- At the age of 13, he started working with a singer and got a chance to record at Abbey Road’s Studio 2.
- After the recording experience, Jonas somehow persuaded his father to convert their garage into a studio. That was the place where he had produced most of his hit work.
- Jonas started working as a DJ at the age of 11 to repay his father for the studio equipment. He earned £50 through his first performance.
- He moved out of his parents’ house at the age of 15 and got his own place by lying about his age.
- He changed his name to Jonas Blue because most of his music came from Sweden so he opted for the Swedish name, Jonas, and Blue, according to him, represented freshness.
- Jonas Blue’s first single Fast Car became the number 1 track on iTunes in countries like Germany, Sweden, Australia, and New Zealand. It reached #2 in the UK charts and has sold more than 6 million records worldwide.
- Jonas draws his inspiration mainly from the 90s music.
- Due to similar names, he has often been confused with the pop band, Jonas Brothers.
- Follow Jonas Blue on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jonas Blue / Instagram