|Kang Ki-young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kang Ki-young is a South Korean actor who has been cast in a variety of shows such as Six Flying Dragons, Oh My Ghost, What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, The King’s Doctor, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo, Reset, W, High School King of Savvy, The Three Musketeers, Shine or Go Crazy, Come Back Mister, Puck!, Tunnel, While You Were Sleeping, Three Color Fantasy – Romance Full of Life, Three Color Fantasy – Queen of the Ring, Familiar Wife, Queen for Seven Days, At Eighteen, I’m Not a Robot, My Secret Terrius, Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo, Petkage, RUN, and Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight. Kang Ki-young has also appeared in movies like Exit, Vacation, The Puzzle, On Your Wedding Day, The Mayor, Crazy Romance, The Book of Fish, and Daddy You, Daughter Me.
Kang Gi-yeong, Kang Ki-yeong, Gang Gi-yeong
Incheon, South Korea
Kang Ki-young attended the University of Suwon‘s Department of Theatre and Film.
Kang Ki-young has been repped by Namoo Actors, Talent Management Agency, Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kang Ki-young has dated –
- In May 2019, he got married to his longtime girlfriend and the duo was blessed with their first child together, a son, in November 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Kang Ki-young is of Korean descent.
Kang Ki-young Facts
- He was seen as Heo Min-soo, sous chef at Sun Restaurant, in the 2015 romantic thriller comedy-drama series Oh My Ghost, starring Park Bo-young, Jo Jung-suk, Lim Ju-hwan, and Kim Seul-gi.
- In 2018, Kang Ki-young was cast as Park Yoo-sik, the president of Yumyung Group who is Young-joon’s best friend back from university as well as his confidant, in the television romantic comedy series What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim. The show stars Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young and this role won Kang Ki-young the 14th Soompi Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category.
- He appeared as Kim Sang-ryeol, the only male KIS agent in the team, in the 2018 mystery romantic comedy television series My Secret Terrius. For this performance, he won the 2018 MBC Drama Awards for “Best Supporting Actor in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama” and “Bromance Award” (with So Ji-sub and Son Ho-jun).
- From 2018 to 2019, Kang Ki-young appeared as a cast member on the variety show called Village Survival, the Eight.
- He played the supporting role of Manager Goo, manager of the Cloud Garden, in the 2019 disaster action comedy film Exit. For this, he bagged the 8th Korea Best Star Award (Korean Film Actors Association) for “Best Supporting Actor” as well as received a nomination at the 28th Buil Film Awards.
- Alongside Ong Seong-wu, Kim Hyang-gi, Shin Seung-ho, and Kim Kahee, Kang Ki-young co-starred as Oh Han-kyeol, the homeroom teacher of Class 2-3, in the 2019 coming-of-age television series At Eighteen. This role won him the 12th Korea Drama Award in the “Excellence Award, Actor” category.
- Kang Ki-young brought to life the character of Byung-Chul in the 2019 romantic comedy-drama film Crazy Romance and this performance got him nominated at the 40th Blue Dragon Film Awards, 56th Grand Bell Awards, and 25th Chunsa Film Art Awards in the “Best Supporting Actor” category.
Featured Image by NewsInStar / YouTube / CC BY 3.0