|Mckenna Grace Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 2006|
Mckenna Grace is an American actress and voiceover artist who is known for playing a variety of roles in several shows and movies. Some of her prominent roles include having been cast as Mary Adler in Gifted, Daisy Blackwell in Independence Day: Resurgence, Juliet Walker in Amityville: The Awakening, Young Tonya Harding in I, Tonya, 13-year-old Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel, Judy Warren in Annabelle Comes Home, Faith Newman in The Young and the Restless, Rose Harbenberger in Fuller House, Penny Kirkman in Designated Survivor, Emma Grossman in The Bad Seed, Paige in Young Sheldon, Young Theodora Crain in The Haunting of Hill House, and Young Sabrina Spellman in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Being a child artist, Mckenna Grace has mostly played the roles in which she has been cast as the younger version of some character. She started acting professionally at the age of 6 and gained popularity with her role as Jasmine Bernstein in the TV comedy series, Crash & Bernstein. Mckenna Grace has also worked as a voiceover artist in several projects which include Gravity Falls, Clarence, Pickle and Peanut, The Angry Birds Movie, The Lion Guard, Elena of Avalor, Mickey and the Roadster Racers, and Scoob. Moreover, she has also garnered a huge social media fan base with her acting finesse and charming personality and enjoys more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Grapevine, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
California, United States
Mckenna Grace has been homeschooled and has also taken acting lessons.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Ross Burge (Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Mother – Crystal Nicole Burge (Medical representative, dealing in orthopedic equipment)
Mckenna Grace is managed by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency Youth Division, Talent Agency, California, United States
- Management 360, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Loa Angeles County, California, United States
- Hansen Jacobson, Beverly Hills, Loa Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft or 152.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Hispanic)
Mckenna Grace is of English as well as of 1/8th Mexican descent.
- Adorable personality
- Deep-set eyes
- Thin lips
Mckenna Grace has either endorsed or promoted a number of brands through social media which include the likes of CHANEL, Nadya Dzyak, Mischka Aoki, Dolce & Gabbana, and Versace.
Also, she has been a part of a YMCA commercial in Texas, United States.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Penny Kirkman in the ABC political thriller drama television series, Designated Survivor (from 2016), which stars the likes of Kiefer Sutherland, Natascha McElhone, Adan Canto, Italia Ricci, LaMonica Garrett, Tanner Buchanan, and Kal Penn.
- Playing the role of Young Theodora Crain in the Netflix supernatural horror web television series, The Haunting of Hill House, in which she starred alongside the likes of Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kate Siegel, Victoria Pedretti, and Lulu Wilson
- Appearing as the lead character in the made-for-television horror drama film, The Bad Seed (2018), which is based on the 1954 novel by William March and her co-stars in the film included Rob Lowe, Sara Dugdale, Marci T. House, Lorne Cardinal, Chris Shields, Cara Buono, and Patty McCormack
- Having been cast in a variety of other films such as Goodbye World, R, Suburban Gothic, Frankenstein, The Pearl Whale, The Angry Birds Movie, Mr. Church, Ready Player One, Independence Day: Resurgence, Love Is Relative, Gifted, How to Be a Latin Lover, Genie in a Bikini, Amityville: The Awakening, Captain Marvel, Annabelle Comes Home, Troop Zero, Babysitter’s Black Book, and I, Tonya
Mckenna Grace made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Hannah Palmer in the post-apocalyptic comedy-drama film, Goodbye World, in 2013. The film was directed by Denis Hennelly and starred the likes of Adrian Grenier, Gaby Hoffmann, Ben McKenzie, Mark Webber, Kerry Bishé, Caroline Dhavernas, and Scott Mescudi.
As a voice actress, Mckenna Grace made her theatrical debut by providing vocals to the character of Ella Bird in the computer-animated action comedy film, The Angry Birds Movie, in 2016. The lead cast of the film included Jason Sudeikis, Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph, Kate McKinnon, Sean Penn, Tony Hale, and Peter Dinklage.
First TV Show
Mckenna Grace made her first TV show appearance as Jasmine Bernstein in an episode, titled Crash Lands, of the family live-action comedy series, Crash & Bernstein, in October 2012. The lead cast of the show included Cole Jensen, Landry Bender, Oana Gregory, and Aaron R. Landon.
As a voiceover artist, Mckenna Grace made her TV show debut by providing vocals to additional voices in an episode, titled Sock Opera, of the animated adventure comedy series, Gravity Falls, in September 2014.
Mckenna Grace stays fit by leading an active life and eating healthy.
Mckenna Grace Favorite Things
- Actresses – Octavia Spencer, Meryl Streep
- One Of Her Favorite Roles Played By Her – Mary Adler in Gifted (2017)
- Stuffed Animal – An 80s vintage E.T.
- Horror Film – The Shining (1980)
Source – SuburbanParent.com, Just Jared
Mckenna Grace Facts
- She was inspired to pursue a career in acting after her great-grandparents gifted her a DVD collection of Shirley Temple movies on her 5th birthday.
- While growing up, Mckenna Grace used to often perform for friends and family.
- Her family shifted from Grapevine, Tarrant County, Texas, to California when she was around 7 years old as her father got accepted into an orthopedic surgery residency program there.
- She auditioned for an acting job for the first time while she was on a vacation with her family in Los Angeles, California.
- During her younger years, Mckenna Grace loved dancing, singing, cheerleading, and collecting stuffed animals.
- In 2013, she was cast as Faith Newman in the television soap opera series, The Young and the Restless, which was created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell.
- To play the role of Young Tonya Harding in the biographical film, I, Tonya (2017), she learned ice-skating. It was a rather difficult process but once she learned it, she enjoyed ice-skating a lot.
- Her performance as Mary Adler in the drama film, Gifted, brought her much critical acclaim and Variety reviewed her performance citing that “Precocious child actors can be annoying especially when they’re playing kids brilliant beyond their years, but Mckenna Grace, with appraising eyes, her top front teeth missing, and a sugary but brisk delivery that is never less than spontaneous, is like the Drew Barrymore of “E.T.” on speed-dial. When Mary Gripes that children her age bore her, it isn’t just haughty code for how smart she is; you really feel her alienation-her sadness at being a girl apart.” Also, Mckenna Grace was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Movie Award in the “Best Young Performer” category for her role.
- She has been a Girl Scout both in real life as well as in the film, Gifted.
- In 2018, Mckenna Grace played the role of Young Sabrina Spellman in the Netflix supernatural horror web television series, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
- She is also known for playing the role of Rose Harbenberger in the Netflix family comedy series, Fuller House (from 2016).
- Mckenna Grace has also guest-starred in a number of shows such as Teens Wanna Know, JoJo’s Juice, TinaQ’s Celebrity Interviews, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Home & Family, Extra, Entertainment Tonight, Made in Hollywood, Instant Mom, The Goodwin Games, The Bridge, Clarence, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, K.C. Undercover, The Vampire Diaries, Elena of Avalor, Dog with a Blog, CSI: Cyber, Pickle and Peanut, Teachers, Bizaardvark, and The Lion Guard.
- During her leisure time, she enjoys singing, spending time with animals, reading novels, watching scary movies, working on her fairy garden, and crafting.
- She has 2 dogs – a Morkie named Marshmallow and a Pomeranian named Baby Unicorn.
- Mckenna Grace has always been greatly concerned about the way the animals are treated and is a vegetarian. She has furthered her passion for animal welfare by working with organizations such as Farm Sanctuary and PETA.
- She has also been a part of a campaign that asked people not to leave their dogs in hot cars.
- People often describe her as an old soul.
- Mckenna Grace is allergic to cats.
- One of her best friends is actress Mia Talerico.
- In 2017, she won 2 Phoenix Film Critics Society awards in the “Breakthrough Performance” and “Best Performance” categories for her role in Gifted.
- In 2020, she was awarded the HCA Award in the “Next Generation of Hollywood” category.
- In November 2021, Mckenna released the music video of her debut single Haunted House.
- In February 2022, Mckenna released a new single titled do all my friends hate me?.
Featured Image by Mckenna Grace / Instagram