|Iain Armitage Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 2008|
Iain Armitage is an American child actor, voiceover artist, and theater critic who is best known for playing the role of Sheldon Cooper in Young Sheldon, which is the prequel to The Big Bang Theory. For this role, he won the Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a TV Series – Leading Young Actor” in 2018 and was also nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Breakout TV Star” category. Iain has also been a part of other shows and movies such as Big Little Lies, Scoob!, The Big Bang Theory, I’m Not Here, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Impractical Jokers, Group Chat, Little Big Shots, The Glass Castle, PAW Patrol: The Movie, and Our Souls at Night.
Georgia, United States
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Theater Critic
- Father – Euan Morton (b. Iain Middleton) (Singer, Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor)
- Mother – Lee Armitage (Producer)
- Others – Richard Lee Armitage (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Diplomat, Government Official, Former United States Deputy Secretary of State), Laura Alice Samford (Maternal Grandmother)
Iain Armitage has been signed with Abrams Artists Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
42 kg or 92.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Iain Armitage is of Scottish, Irish, English, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
Iain Armitage Facts
- Reportedly, he was named after English actor Sir Ian McKellen.
- Iain Armitage made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Brian Walls (age 6) in the 2017 biographical drama film, The Glass Castle, starring Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson, Max Greenfield, Sarah Snook, and Naomi Watts.
- In 2018, he was nominated for a Gold Derby Award for “Breakthrough Performer of the Year”.
- Alongside the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgård, Adam Scott, Zoë Kravitz, Laura Dern, Kathryn Newton, and Meryl Streep, Iain Armitage co-starred as Ziggy Chapman, Jane’s son, in the HBO dark comedy mystery drama series, Big Little Lies, between 2017 and 2019.
- As a voice actor, he made his film debut by providing vocals to the character of as young Shaggy Rogers in the animated mystery comedy film, Scoob!, in 2020.
- He has been friends with Lin-Manuel Miranda, Reagan Revord, and Montana Jordan.
- Iain is a huge fan of David Bowie and Queen.
Featured Image by Iain Armitage / Instagram