|Melanie Griffith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1957|
Melanie Griffith is an American actress, voice artist, and producer who has been cast in a variety of movies such as Body Double, Something Wild, Working Girl, The Bonfire of the Vanities, Day Out of Days, The Night We Called It a Day, Stuart Little 2, A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures, The Milagro Beanfield War, Fear City, One on One, Underground Aces, Shining Through, The High Note, A Stranger Among Us, The Pirates of Somalia, The Disaster Artist, Born Yesterday, Mulholland Falls, She’s in the Army Now, Now and Then, Searching for Debra Winger, Another Day in Paradise, Joyride, Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, Lolita, The Drowning Pool, Two Much, Crazy in Alabama, Cecil B. Demented, Shade, Steel Cowboy, Tempo, Dark Tourist, Autómata, The Star Maker, Roar, Women & Men: Stories of Seduction, Along for the Ride, and Daddy, I Don’t Like it Like This. Additionally, Melanie Griffith has also been a part of several television shows playing roles such as Tracy Quinn in the ABC sitcom Carter Country, Lee Arnold in the sitcom Twins, Bunny Baxter in the musical dramedy series Viva Laughlin, Tamara in the sitcom Raising Hope, Clara Williams in the action police procedural series Hawaii Five-0, and Jackie in the drama series The Path.
Melanie Richards Griffith
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Aspen, Colorado, United States
Melanie Griffith went to the Hollywood Professional School, which was set up, especially for children working in Hollywood and was closed in 1984. As Griffith was good in her studies, she was allowed to skip a grade and graduate by the age of 16.
Actress, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Peter Griffith (Former child actor and advertising executive)
- Mother – Tippi Hedren (Actress)
- Siblings – Tracy Griffith (Older Paternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Clay A. Griffith (Older Paternal Half-Brother) (Set Designer)
- Others – Nanita Greene (Stepmother) (Model and Actress), Noel Marshall (Stepfather) (Agent and Executive Producer), Benjamin Elmer Griffith (Paternal Grandfather), Hilda Corine Atwill (Paternal Grandmother), Bernard Carl Hedren (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothea Eckhardt (Maternal Grandmother)
Melanie Griffith has been represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Studio City, California, United States
Her net worth has been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Griffith has dated –
- Warren Beatty – Melanie first met actor Warren Beatty in 1973, when she auditioned for a role in his movie, The Parallax View (1974). She didn’t get the role in the movie but struck a close friendship with him. He even served as a godfather for her son Alexander Bauer. She has confirmed in her interviews that she had a fling with Warren during the course of their friendship.
- Jack Nicholson – Melanie is reported to have had an affair with famous actor and even more famous womanizer Jack Nicholson in the second half of the 70s.
- Ryan O’Neal (1976–1977) – Melanie was in a relationship with actor Ryan O’Neal towards the end of the 70s. Their relationship was confirmed by O’Neal’s daughter Tatum, who also claimed that Melanie had once pulled her into an orgy with a male hairdresser and actress Maria Schneider.
- Ricci Martin – Griffith reportedly had a short-lived affair with musician Ricci Martin.
- Don Johnson (1972-1976; 1988-1995) – When she fell in love with actor Don, Melanie was full eight years younger than Don Johnson. If their age difference didn’t create a scandal, the fact that she was 14 years old and had moved in with him certainly did. Another scandalous detail of their relationship was that Johnson was her mother’s lover in the 1973 release, The Harrad Experiment and they might have met due to the movie itself. In January 1976, they got married in a small ceremony. However, their marriage crumbled about 6 months later. Griffith got in touch with him again in 1988 after completing rehab for her alcohol and cocaine problem. In June 1989, they got married once again. In October 1989, she gave birth to their daughter, Dakota Johnson. In March 1994, it was announced that they had decided to separate. Later, it was revealed that they had reconciled but the reconciliation proved to be very short-lived.
- Steven Bauer (1981-1989) – Melanie got married to actor Steven Bauer in September 1981. They had been dating for some time after having fallen in love while shooting for the movie, She’s in the Army Now. In August 1985, she gave birth to a son, Alexander Griffith-Bauer. However, within a couple of years, their marriage had come to a virtual end. The traumatic end of their marriage pushed her towards alcohol and cocaine addiction. They got officially divorced in 1989.
- Bryan Kestner (1994) – After her marriage to Johnson collapsed for the second time, she found solace in Bryan Kestner’s arms. She was spotted on a number of dates with him in Los Angeles and in July, decided to take him to the Planet Hollywood party as her boyfriend.
- Antonio Banderas (1995-2015) – Melanie started dating her third husband Spanish actor, Antonio Banderas in 1995. They had first met on the sets of the movie, Two Much. On the first day of shooting, Banderas had rushed out of his trailer to meet her and apparently in his nervousness, the first thing he asked her was her age. It was love at first sight for both of them. At that time, Antonio was still married to his first wife Ana Leza and Melanie despite her separation, hadn’t officially divorced Johnson. By the time, they got married in May 1996, Melanie was already pregnant with their first child. She gave birth to their daughter, Stella Del Carmen Banderas in September 1996. In June 2014, they made a shocking announcement that they had decided to go separate ways and in their divorce petition, cited irreconcilable differences. As part of the divorce settlement, she got their house in Aspen, half of the proceeds from the sale of their LA home and $ 65,000 a month in spousal support.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh ancestry.
While, on her mother’s side, she is of German, Norwegian and Swedish descent.
Tall body frame
37-27-37 in or 94-68.5-94 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Melanie has had an endorsement deal with beauty giant, Revlon. Along with appearing in their TV commercial, she has been featured in a series of print adverts as well.
She has also starred in TV adverts for
- Wyler Vetta Watches
- Winsor Pilates
She was featured alongside her three children Alexander Bauer, Dakota Johnson, and Stella Banderas in a print commercial for Got Milk campaign.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the erotic thriller movie, Body Double (1984).
- Having played the role of Dora DuFran in the CBS drama TV movie, Buffalo Girls (1995) which helped her win Golden Globe nominations.
In 1969, Melanie made her first film appearance in Glenn Ford starrer Smith! However, her work in the movie was uncredited.
Her first credited film role was in the mystery thriller movie, Night Moves in 1975.
First TV Show
In 1976, Melanie appeared in the military mini-series, Once an Eagle.
Despite her advanced age, she keeps her flawless figure in tip-top shape with a regimented workout routine. She regularly hits the gym for her strength workouts. Also, she is often spotted leaving yoga classes, which have helped her slow down the march of advancing age. She also keeps a close eye on what and when she is eating.
Also, she is often spotted leaving yoga classes, which have helped her slow down the march of advancing age. She also keeps a close eye on what and when she is eating.
Melanie Griffith Facts
- Melanie has struggled with her addiction to painkillers, which were prescribed for the treatment of her neck injury. She had to check into rehab in November 2000 to kick her addiction.
- In 1980, while leaving a restaurant on Sunset Boulevard, she was hit by a car that had run through the crosswalk. The car had struck her at the hip, which led to her head hitting the windshield before she was flung back. She still suffers pain from the accident.
- Along with her daughter Dakota Johnson, they are the only mother-and-daughter duo to have achieved the distinction of being Miss Golden Globe.
- She started smoking at the age of 12. Also, she started drinking alcohol at the age of 10.
- In course of shooting for Working Girl, the movie producers deducted $75,000 from her paycheck after she had arrived intoxicated and was unable to say her lines. The deducted amount was used for the reshoot.
- She briefly worked as a child model and appeared in advertisements for small brands before deciding to quit due to her shy behavior.
- She had to pull out of working in the movie, The Hot Flashes, due to her creative differences with the director. Virginia Madsen was signed up to play her role.
- She had to turn down an opportunity to work in movies, As Good as It Gets (1997) and The Sheltering Sky (1990) due to her pregnancies.
- She has worked with the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles on different campaigns with objectives ranging from raising funds to increase community awareness about their facilities.
- While attending a Senate meeting in Washington on arts funding, she fell asleep twice while Michigan Senator Spencer Abraham was delivering a speech. Later, she apologized and blamed jet lag for falling asleep.
- In December 2009, she had to undergo surgery to treat skin cancer, which was still in the early stages. The scars caused by surgery later led to rumors that her husband Antonio Banderas had hit her.
- Throughout her life, she has battled cocaine and liquor abuse.
- On her sixth birthday eve, director Alfred Hitchcock gifted her a coffin wooden box containing a wax doll of her mother. Her mother later clarified that it was just a wooden box and Melanie had freaked out assuming it was a coffin.
- While growing up, she had a lion as a pet. Once, her mother found the lion sleeping with Melanie in her bed.
- In her 2002 interview, she revealed that she had given her 16-year-old son Alexander marijuana, hoping that he won’t buy something bad from the streets. Her decision backfired as Alexander had to be put in a rehab program.
- She had got the name of her then-husband Banderas tattooed on her right forearm. She got it removed after their divorce.
- She played the character of Tess in the 2020 comedy-drama film The High Note, starring Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Zoë Chao, Bill Pullman, Eddie Izzard, and Ice Cube.