Meng Yao Xi
She attended Donghua University in Shanghai to study fashion.
Fashion / Runway model
Ming Xi can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- The Society Management – New York
- Model Management – Hamburg
- Munich Models
- Donna Model Management – Tokyo
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Storm Models – London
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- Elite Model Management – Milan
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- Elite Model Management – Stockholm
- Huayi Brothers Fashion – Shanghai
- Elite Model Management – Toronto
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Ming Xi dated –
- Sean O’Pry (2012-2013) – From 2012 to 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating American model Sean O’Pry.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Thick eyebrows
31-24-35 in or 79-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Ming Xi has advertised for designers like Barney’s, Diane von Furstenberg, Gap, Givenchy, H&M, Lane Crawford, Mango, River Island and others.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her campaigns with Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and Givenchy.
First Fashion Show
Ming Xi debuted with Haute Couture – Spring / Summer 2010 fashion show where she walked for Givenchy.
She has not appeared in any of the films but appeared in a short video Dries Van Noten Retrospective released on February 28, 2014.
She works out and likes to listen to Billboard Top 100 songs, while working out. She likes fast paced songs and these exactly fits her choice. It makes her workout more.
Ming Xi Favorite Things
- Instagrammers / Bloggers – Michael Kors, Susie Bubble, Adam Katz Sinding, Victoria’s Secret
- iPhone App – VSCO Cam (Photo editing app)
- Designers – A lot many including Alber Elbaz from Lanvin, Riccardo Tisci, Raf Simons
- Beauty Products – Fresh rose face masks, sunscreen, eyeshadow, mascara, Nars lipstick
- City for Shopping – New York and Paris
- Place for Work (until now) – The Virgin Islands
Source – Michael Kors, Huffington Post, Harper’s Bazaar
Ming Xi Facts
- She appeared in the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Ming Xi is good friends with Fei Fei Sun, and Shu Pei Qin.
- In the 2009 international Elite Model Look contest, she was the finalist and finished at #3.
- She likes to listen Justin Timberlake over Justin Bieber.
- In January 2010, she walked exclusively for Givenchy Haute Couture.
- She was discovered via Elite Model Look contest held in 2009.
- Givenchy chose her as muse in 2010, when she debuted.
- Her natural hair color is black (which is for most of the Asians). She sometimes thinks of dying them blonde. But, then she thinks that it won’t suit an Asian girl and so she stops.
- She was featured as face to watch by models.com on January 27, 2010, and then by vogue.it on April 15, 2010.
- She describes her style as – “Mix and Match.”
- When she steps out of the plans, Ming puts on facial mask and sunglasses to avoid paparazzi.
- She likes to accentuate her eyes and hence wears eyeshadow and mascara.
- Ming likes to wear striped clothes. She once purchased a black and white striped fabric and gave it to tailor to make her size. And, people thought it was a Marc Jacobs. She used to wore this high waist striped mini-skirt a lot as it made her legs to look longer.
- She does not has any style icon. Sometimes, even a passer-by could inspire her.
- Catch Ming Xi on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Weibo.