|Ming Xi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ming Xi is a Chinese model who has worked with numerous brands and designers including Oscar de la Renta, Balmain, Moschino, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Christian Dior, Elie Saab, Zac Posen, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Diane Von Furstenberg, Zimmermann, Vera Wang, Kenzo, Cushnie Et Ochs, Michael Kors, Chloe, Les Copains, Givenchy, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Mugler, Jeremy Scott, Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera, Peter Som, Rick Owens, Alexandre Vauthier, Celine, Just Cavalli, Osklen, Haider Ackermann, Leonard, DSquared2, Boss by Hugo Boss, Pringle of Scotland, St. John, Guy Laroche, Topshop, and Donna Karan. The model has also graced the cover of many magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam, Grazia China, FHM China, OK! Magazine China, Harper’s Bazaar Hong Kong, Modern Lady, 10 Magazine Australia, Elle China, Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, Vogue China, Madame Figaro China, Elle Taiwan, Femina China, Glass UK, Vogue Russia, Manifesto Asia, Surface China, Fashion Weekly China, Style China, and PPaper Fashion.
New York, United States
She attended Donghua University in Shanghai to study fashion.
Fashion / Runway model
Ming Xi can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- The Society Management – New York
- Model Management – Hamburg
- Munich Models
- Donna Model Management – Tokyo
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Storm Models – London
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- Elite Model Management – Milan
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- Elite Model Management – Stockholm
- Huayi Brothers Fashion – Shanghai
- Elite Model Management – Toronto
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ming Xi has dated –
- Sean O’Pry (2012-2013) – From 2012 to 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating American model Sean O’Pry.
- Mario Ho (2014-Present) – She started going out with Mario Ho, son of Hong Kong-Macau magnate Stanley Ho, in the year 2014. The duo got engaged in May 2019 and soon married the same year in July. In October 2019, they were blessed with their first child together – a son named Ronaldo.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Thick eyebrows
31-24-35 in or 79-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Ming Xi has advertised for designers like Barney’s, Diane von Furstenberg, Gap, Givenchy, H&M, Lane Crawford, Mango, River Island, and others.
Best Known For
Her campaigns with Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and Givenchy.
First Fashion Show
Ming Xi debuted with Haute Couture – Spring / Summer 2010 fashion show where she walked for Givenchy.
She has not appeared in any of the films but appeared in a short video Dries Van Noten Retrospective released on February 28, 2014.
She works out and likes to listen to Billboard Top 100 songs while working out. She likes fast-paced songs and these exactly fit her choice. It makes her work out more.
Ming Xi Favorite Things
- Instagrammers / Bloggers – Michael Kors, Susie Bubble, Adam Katz Sinding, Victoria’s Secret
- iPhone App – VSCO Cam (Photo editing app)
- Designers – A lot many including Alber Elbaz from Lanvin, Riccardo Tisci, Raf Simons
- Beauty Products – Fresh rose face masks, sunscreen, eyeshadow, mascara, Nars lipstick
- City For Shopping – New York and Paris
- One Of Her Favorite Places For Work – The Virgin Islands
Source – MichaelKors.com, HuffingtonPost.com, Harper’sBazaar.com
Ming Xi Facts
- She appeared in the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Ming Xi is good friends with Fei Fei Sun and Shu Pei Qin.
- In the 2009 international Elite Model Look contest, she was the finalist and finished at #3.
- She likes to listen to Justin Timberlake over Justin Bieber.
- In January 2010, she walked exclusively for Givenchy Haute Couture.
- She was discovered via Elite Model Look contest held in 2009.
- Givenchy chose her as muse in 2010, when she debuted.
- Her natural hair color is black (which is common for most Asians). She sometimes thinks of dying them blonde. But, then she thinks that it won’t suit an Asian girl and so she stops.
- She was featured as a face to watch by models.com on January 27, 2010, and then by vogue.it on April 15, 2010.
- She describes her style as – “Mix and Match.”
- When she steps out of the plane, Ming puts on a facial mask and sunglasses to avoid the paparazzi.
- She likes to accentuate her eyes and hence wears eyeshadow and mascara.
- Ming likes to wear striped clothes. She once purchased a black and white striped fabric and gave it to a tailor to make her size. And, people thought it was a Marc Jacobs. She used to wear this high waist striped mini-skirt a lot as it made her legs look longer.
- She does not have any style icons. Sometimes, even a passer-by could inspire her.