|Mohammed Amer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mohammed Amer is a Palestinian-American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and television personality who has gained acclaim with his Netflix comedy special Mo Amer: The Vagabond. A member of the American stand-up comedy troupe Allah Made Me Funny, Mohammed Amer has also been a part of many other shows and movies such as Black Adam, Ramy, Crashing, Mo, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Last Call with Carson Daly, This Week at the Comedy Cellar, The Daily Show, Mo Amer: Mohammed in Texas, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Late Night with Seth Meyers, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Made in Hollywood, The Kelly Clarkson Show, and Americanish.
Mohammed Mustafa Amer
Mo Amer, Mohammed Najjar
Mohammed Amer got enrolled at a British school in Kuwait and learned English, speaking it in a British accent. Afterward, he attended Piney Point Elementary located in Houston, Texas.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Writer, Producer, Television Personality
- Father – He was employed as an engineer for the Kuwait Oil Company and passed away in 1995.
- Siblings – Haifa (Older Sister), Omar (Older Brother) (Pilot). Amer has 3 more older siblings.
Observational Comedy, Satire, Self-deprecation, Storytelling, Improvisational Comedy, Character Comedy
Islamic Humour, Islamophobia, Political Satire, Family, Marriage, Racism, American Immigration, Geopolitics, Refugees, Arab Culture, Popular Culture
Stand-up, Television, Film
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mohammed Amer has dated –
- He was previously married to a Mexican-American woman and they lived in Los Angeles. It was later revealed in his 2021 Netflix special Mo Amer: Mohammed in Texas that he got divorced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Race / Ethnicity
Mohammed Amer is of Palestinian descent.
Sports a beard
Mohammed Amer Facts
- He is the youngest of 6 siblings.
- He was 9 years old when Amer, his sister, his brother, and his mother fled his birth country of Kuwait in October 1990 during the Gulf War. The family emigrated to the United States and settled in Houston, Texas. His father later joined the family in the United States in 1992.
- His father died when Mohammed Amer was 14 years old.
- In 2006, he became a member of the stand-up comedy troupe Allah Made Me Funny. The troupe has become the longest-running artistic collective of Muslim comic performers in the world.
- Mohammed Amer performed at the Islamic Relief Evening of Inspiration event at the Royal Albert Hall organized by Islamic Relief in April 2007.
- He became a U.S. citizen in 2009 and that subsequently enabled him to travel to Palestine and Jordan and visit his family he had not seen for almost 20 years.
- He began playing the role of Mo (Ramy’s friend who owns a diner) in the comedy-drama streaming television series Ramy in 2019. His co-stars for the project included Ramy Youssef, Hiam Abbass, Amr Waked, Dave Merheje, May Calamawy, and Laith Nakli.
- In 2022, Mohammed Amer started appearing as Mohammed “Mo” Najjar in the Netflix comedy-drama series Mo.
- He has performed tours in more than 27 countries, including Germany, Italy, Sicily, Japan, Korea, and Bahrain.
- Alongside Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, Noah Centineo, Sarah Shahi, Marwan Kenzari, Quintessa Swindell, Bodhi Sabongui, and Pierce Brosnan, Mohammed Amer co-starred as Karim (Adrianna’s brother and Amon’s uncle) in the 2022 superhero film Black Adam. A spin-off from Shazam! (2019), the film is the 11th film in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
- He is multilingual and speaks English, Arabic, and Spanish.
Featured Image by Mohammed Amer / Instagram