|Sam Hunt Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1984|
Sam Hunt is an American singer and songwriter who has written singles for Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Keith Urban, and Billy Currington. He has since released many albums, songs, extended plays, and mixtapes such as Montevallo, Hard to Forget, Between the Pines, Southside, X2C, Leave the Night On, Break Up in a Small Town, Take Your Time, Body Like a Back Road, Breaking Up Was Easy in the 90s, 23, Make You Miss Me, Kinfolks, House Party, and Downtown’s Dead. Over the years, Sam Hunt has received several accolades including an American Music Award and a CMT Music Award, as well as nominations for Billboard Music Awards and Grammy Awards.
Sam Lowry Hunt
Cedartown, Georgia, United States
Sam attended Cedartown High School in Cedartown, Georgia.
He also went to Middle Tennessee State University, where he played as a quarterback for two years.
Sam further spent two years at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) to major in philosophy.
Singer, songwriter, former college football player
- Father – Allen Hunt (Insurance Agent)
- Mother – Joan Hunt (Teacher)
- Siblings – Van Hunt (Younger Brother)
- Others – Van Garlington Hunt (Paternal Grandfather), Laura Elizabeth Parker (Paternal Grandmother), Ewell Sanford Carr (Maternal Grandfather), Shirley D. Cordle (Maternal Grandmother)
He has another younger brother, apart from Van, probably named Mike.
Sam Hunt has been signed with Universal Music Group Nashville, Record Label, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
Country, country-pop, R&B
Vocals, guitar, piano
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
95 kg or 209½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Hunt has dated –
- Hannah Lee Fowler (2008-Present) – Sam started dating Hannah Lee Fowler in 2008. The couple announced their engagement in January 2017 and tied the knot on April 15, 2017, in Cedartown, Georgia. In February 2022, Hannah revealed that she was pregnant and later, she filed for divorce from Sam. Later that month, it was revealed that she had withdrawn the divorce filing. However, Hannah had re-filed for divorce revealing that she had accidentally filed in Davidson County instead of Williamson County. In March 2022, Sam revealed that he and Hannah were expecting a baby girl. In May 2022, it was revealed that the couple had decided to call off their divorce.
- Andi Dorfman (2015) – In June 2015, he reportedly hooked up with TV personality and attorney, Andi Dorfman after the Country Music Awards 2015.
He likes to keep his relationships highly private.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam Hunt is of English, small amounts of Scots-Irish (Northern Irish) and Scottish, and remote French descent.
- Muscular body
- Towering height
- Mostly wears a hat during concerts and stage shows
Best Known For
The heavy use of pop and R&B in his songs.
He is known for his songs like “Leave the Night On,” “Take Your Time,” etc.
He released his debut album Montevallo on October 27, 2014, via MCA Nashville. The standard version of the album contains 10 tracks, and all of them were co-written by him.
It charted at #1 in the US Top Country Albums list, #3 on US Billboard 200, #2 in Canada, etc.
He was able to successfully sell 772,600 copies of the album in the US. It was certified as “Gold” in America and Canada.
The former college football player must have worked hard to get that muscular body, especially those arms – love them.
Hunt now exercises two to three times a week, which includes cardio and weight training. Sam now has to maintain his body with proper nutrition and exercise. No matter what, he at least goes two times per week to the gym, even when he is touring.
Sam Hunt Favorite Things
- A place for Songwriting – Woodshed behind his house
- Store – Bullets & Mullets in Nashville
- City to Perform on Stage – Seattle, Washington
- Bar – The Local Taco in Nashville
- Song to Perform in Concert – Break up in a Small Town
Source – AXS.com, EOnline.com, Reddit AMA
Sam Hunt Facts
- Hunt used to play football during his time in high school and college.
- As a football player, Sam was chosen as the Co-Offensive Player of the Year.
- Sam initially desired of becoming a professional football player. But, after signing a contract with MCA Nashville in 2014, he started taking even more interest in music.
- Before starting his solo singing career, he had already written songs for artists like Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Keith Urban, and Billy Currington.
- Country music artist, Brad Paisley influenced Sam’s songwriting a lot.
- Alice Cooper, Billy Currington, Ginuwine, K-Ci & JoJo, R. Kelly, and Usher are his musical influences.
- He has a rescue cat named, Dandelion, who now lives with his brother Van.
- He got the inspiration for many of his songs on his debut album “Montevallo” from a girl from his past.
- There is no one in his family, who is involved in music or the music business. He is the only one.
- As per his AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit, if he ever collaborates with anyone in the future, it would be an up-and-coming artist instead of an established singer.
- If he hosts a house party, he would invite Barack Obama, Will Smith, and his brother Van Hunt.
- He is a little old-fashioned – technology-wise.
- He was arrested in Nashville, Tennessee on November 21, 2019, for allegedly driving under the influence and he was found guilty of his DUI charge on August 19, 2021. As a result, his driver’s license was suspended for a year. Also, he was sentenced to jail for a period of 11 months and 29 days, which was suspended except for 48 hours.
- On April 3, 2020, he released his 2nd studio album titled Southside and it peaked at number #1 on the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #5 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Also, it was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) as well as Music Canada.