|Natalie Morales Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1972|
Natalie Morales is an American journalist who is best known for having served as the host of TV shows like The Talk, Today, Dateline NBC, and NBC Nightly News. She started her career at News 12 – The Bronx and later served as an anchor at WVIT-TV, where she reported on the Hurricane Floyd, Columbine shootings, the 2000 Presidential election, and the September 11, 2001 attacks. She joined CBS News as a correspondent in October 2022.
Natalie Leticia Morales
Hoboken, New Jersey, U.S.
Natalie Morales has earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Latin American studies from Rutgers University in New Brunswick in 1994. She had got a scholarship offer there. Natalie was also accepted to Princeton University, but she couldn’t afford it.
The TV personality was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Father – Lieutenant Colonel Mario Morales, Jr. (Puerto Rican)
- Mother – Penelope Morales (Brazilian)
Natalie Morales is attached to NBC Studios, New York, US.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
128 lbs or 58 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie Morales has been romantically linked with –
- Joseph Rhodes (1998-Present) – The investment banker, Joseph Rhodes had met Morales when she was working as an anchor of the morning report on News 12. The couple married on August 22, 1998. They have two sons together – Joseph Steven (born in 1998) and Luke (born on September 9, 2008).
- Matt Lauer (2010) – The television journalist and a co-worker on NBC’s ‘The Today Show,’ Matt Lauer met Morales in 2010. The couple had a brief encounter. It is speculated that Morales’ second child is fathered by Matt, but nothing has been confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful blue eyes
- Show hosting abilities
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Natalie Morales appeared in the TV commercial for “Xfinity” in 2013.
She has also appeared in the Pet Adoption PSA commercial in 2013.
Best Known For
Natalie Morales is best known for serving as the news anchor and third-hour co-anchor of NBC’s ‘The Today Show.’
In 2014, Natalie Morales lent her voice as the newscaster for the animated movie Rio 2.
She has also appeared as a Today Show host in the 2015 movie Pitch Perfect 2.
First TV Show
As an actress, Natalie Morales appeared as Caroline Wolf in the TV Series Los Herederos del Monte in 2011.
Though, she first appeared on television in 2002 as an anchor of MSNBC Live.
Natalie Morales has been one of the fittest hosts on TV ever. She is a runner and has completed five marathons and triathlons. Though, being a mother of two kids, her figure has remained the same, which was when she started her career back in the 90s.
The TV host has admitted that she had joined Dr. Jordan Metzl’s Ironstrength classes at Equinox gym in New York. It’s a rigorous workout according to Morales and provides good exercises for both body muscles and the heart. The workout is a combination of jumps, squats, and pushups.
The secret to Natalie Morales’s good physique is that she does not skip exercise routine, even when she is super busy and touring. She ensures about an hour’s session even when she is in a hotel room. Furthermore, the TV personality emphasizes that she does not diet. Her natural consumption of food is devoid of any artificial or junk food. She suggests that one can snack on yogurt or fruit rather than on fast foods.
Natalie Morales Favorite Things
- Food – Patsy’s Pizzeria in New York City
- Celebrity Crush – Rob Lowe
- Movie – St. Elmo’s Fire (1985), Casablanca (1942)
- Makeup Brand – Neutrogena, L’Oréal, Lancôme
- Fruit – Mango
- Juice – A mix of spinach, frozen mango, coconut water, banana or berries with chia seeds.
- Song – We Built This City from ‘Starship’
- Interview – The Chilean Miners or the man who called himself “Clark Rockefeller.”
- Musicians – Coldplay, U2, One Republic
- Wardrobe Choice – Zara, JCrew, Banana Republic, and Saks
- Hobby – Skiing
- Animated Character – Gummy Bears
- Favorite Escape – Reading
- Smell – The smell of her dogs
Source – Today.com, IMDb.com, Us Magazine
Natalie Morales Facts
- She was also seen on other NBC programs like Dateline NBC and NBC Nightly News.
- Owing to her father’s job, she had been through many countries which included Panama, Brazil, and Spain in the first 18 years of her life.
- After graduation from college, she was employed at the Chase Bank in New York.
- Natalie Morales is an avid runner. She has completed five marathons which include three New York City Marathons. She is also a participant of triathlons.
- Owing to her athletic interest and participation in running, Morales has been on the cover page of the Triathlete Magazine, October 2010 issue. A full-length article has been dedicated to her in the issue.
- The TV personality has not just been on News shows but has also hosted Miss USA 2010 at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, and Miss Universe 2010 at Mandalay Bay. Both the competitions were held in Las Vegas. Following this, Morales also hosted Miss Universe 2011 at Credicard Hall in São Paulo, Brazil and Miss Universe 2014 in Doral, Florida.
- Hispanic Magazine, in 2005, had placed her as one of the “Top Hispanics to Watch.”
- In October 2021, it was announced that she was leaving NBC after 22 years. Later that month, she was officially announced as the co-host of The Talk alongside Sheryl Underwood, Amanda Kloots, Jerry O’Connell, and Akbar Gbajabiamila.
- She likes watching the movie, Sweet Home Alabama.
- While in college, she took a year of Russian.
- She is afraid of snakes after she had a close encounter with a snake in Panama when she was young.
- Natalie has claustrophobia which is a fear of enclosed spaces.
- She is also afraid of scuba diving.
- Born in Taiwan, she was an Air Force brat. Before joining college, she had changed her school 7 times.
- The first concert that Natalie had attended was Spandau Ballet in Madrid, Spain. Their song ‘True’ is still one of her favorite songs.
- While young, she wanted to be a veterinarian (animal doctor).
- She has a pet horse named Houdini.
- If she could play any instrument, it would be the cello. She admires the cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
- The first time she had appeared on TV was via a commercial in Spain.
- Natalie is often mistaken for actress Natalie Morales.
- Singer Olivia Newton-John was her idol growing up.
- After college, her first job was to work in a finance department at JPMorgan Chase (at that time known as Chemical Bank) in a management training program.
- She prefers wine over dessert.
- Natalie likes to keep her closet organized at all times. She is actually addicted to it.
- She is an animal lover.