|Rachel Brosnahan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1990|
Rachel Brosnahan is an American actress known for her role as Miriam “Midge” Maisel in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and as Rachel Posner in House of Cards. She is also recognized for her performances in Beautiful Creatures, Louder Than Bombs, The Finest Hours, Patriots Day, and Crisis in Six Scenes. She has a massive fan following of more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Rachel Elizabeth Brosnahan
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Rachel Brosnahan studied at Wayne Thomas Elementary School and Northwood Junior High School in Illinois. She then joined Highland Park High School in Illinois.
After high school, she attended Wilmette’s Actors Training Center in Illinois and graduated in 2008. Later, she attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and graduated in 2012 with a major in theater and a minor in psychology.
- Father – He worked in a children’s publishing house.
- Mother – Carol Brosnahan
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and a sister.
- Others – Kate Spade (Aunt) (Handbag Designer), Andy Spade (Uncle-In-Law), Frances Beatrix Spade (Cousin), Earl Brosnahan (Paternal Grandfather), June Therese Mullen (Paternal Grandmother), Gordon Best (Maternal Grandfather), Shirley Sumner (Maternal Grandmother)
Rachel Brosnahan is represented by Carole Dibo, Manager, Director of Wilmette’s Actors Training Center, Illinois, United States.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Brosnahan has dated –
- Michael Zegen (2017) – Rachel was reportedly linked with her co-star Michael Zegen in 2017. The source of these rumors was the relationship that the couple shared on the show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- Jason Ralph – Rachel briefly dated actor Jason Ralph. The two met while shooting for a TV series and were later spotted at events together. In 2018, it was reported that they had already been married for years. She also thanked Jason during her acceptance speech at the 2019 Golden Globe Awards ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
She has British ancestry on her mother’s side and has Irish ancestry on her father’s side.
At the age of 16, she started dying her hair to dark colors which makes her feel better.
- Beautiful eyes
- Long squared chin
Rachel Brosnahan has done endorsement work for brands like Nora Leigh Designs.
Rachel was featured in Rodarte‘s portrait series for the Fall/Winter 2022 collection along with Joey King, Taylour Paige, Kaitlyn Dever, and Lili Reinhart in April 2022.
Best Known For
- Portraying numerous versatile roles in films including Beautiful Creatures (2013), A New York Heartbeat (2013), I’m Obsessed with You (But You’ve Got to Leave Me Alone) (2014), Louder Than Bombs (2015), The Finest Hours (2016), Burn Country (2016), and Patriots Day (2016), among others
- Her performances in numerous TV series such as House of Cards from 2013 to 2015 as Rachel Posner, The Blacklist in 2014 as Jolene Parker/Lucy Brooks, Black Box in 2014 as Delilah, Manhattan from 2014 to 2015 as Abby Isaacs, Crisis in Six Scenes in 2016 as Ellie, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel as Miriam “Midge” Maisel, and many more
In 2009, she made her theatrical film debut in the horror drama film The Unborn as Lisa.
First TV Show
In 2010, she made her first TV show appearance on the drama series Mercy as Samantha.
Rachel Brosnahan does not like going to the gym. She would rather get an extra hour of sleep than wake up to go to the gym. However, she enjoys hiking, yoga, and being outside. At times, she also goes to SoulCycle.
As for her diet, she tries to eat more organic or locally produced vegetables with lots of greens. She likes to eat everything in moderation and not deprive herself of indulging in any tasty sinful delights.
Rachel Brosnahan’s Favorite Things
- Salad – Mix of greens with red pepper, corn, red onion, and quinoa with a creamy balsamic dressing
- Smoothie – Spinach and kale with pineapple, blackberries, mango, banana, and peach
- Go-To-Breakfast – Gluten-free toast with avocado and a poached egg on top
- Cities And Their Restaurants – Maenam, Fable (Vancouver); Artichoke Pizza, Panna II, Spring, Nobu (New York); and La Boca, Maria’s (Santa Fe)
- Ketchup – Sir Kensington’s
Source – TheNewPotato.com, Glamour
Rachel Brosnahan’s Facts
- She grew up in Highland Park, Illinois since the age of 4.
- She was a part of the musical groups in her junior high and high school days.
- While in high school, she was a member of the wrestling team and also served as a snowboarding instructor.
- In 2018, she won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy” and the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series” for her work on the comedy-drama series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- Her last meal would include a single bite of all her favorite foods like a cheeseburger, Pad Thai, chicken korma, crispy spicy tuna sushi, donuts, artichoke pizza, spicy wings, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and frozen yogurt.
- She describes herself as curious, ambitious, and open.
- Rachel has two dogs named Nikki (pit bull) and Winston (Shiba Inu).
- She has supported causes like Covenant House and Global Citizens in the past.
- She has served as one of the board directors of the organization Covenant House International which works for young people so that they can defeat their homelessness.
- She has been featured on the covers of magazines including Variety, Modern Luxury, InStyle, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wrap, among others.
- Growing up, she had a bunny whom she had named Lacey. However, later, she found out that the bunny is a male. So, Rachel changed the name to Larry David.
- She is the oldest among all her siblings and even the shortest.
- At the age of 4, she got a scar (in the shape of a key) on her left middle finger from touching the hot stove. She was curious and wanted to touch the stove to see if it was still hot after it is turned off.
- Whenever Rachel feels the need to get inspired, she watches the YouTube videos of the Elphabas from Wicked singing “Defying Gravity”.
- Rachel loves travel-size condiments.
- If she has to eat only one food for the remainder of her life, it would be French fries.
- Rachel feels her best and most comfortable in a suit.
- Before becoming an actress, she tried her luck in basketball, snowboarding, wrestling, and lacrosse.
- Rachel also likes watching medical mysteries documentaries. For that reason, she also thought of becoming a surgeon.
- If she is given a chance to dine with any living person, she would like to do that with Michelle Obama.
- She has dual citizenship of the U.S. and the U.K.
- Rachel never steps out of her home without wearing sunscreen – minimum SPF 50.
- She is not good at cooking.
- She knows how to play the card game known as ‘cribbage’.
- Her ideal idea for Friday evening is to spend time with friends at her home while drinking wine and playing board games.
Featured Image by Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0