|Rob Gronkowski Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rob Gronkowski is an American former football tight end who has played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL) as well as for the New England Patriots. Considered by many as one of his era’s best players and the greatest tight end to ever play the game, he a four-time Super Bowl champion (XLIX, LI, LIII, LV), a five-time Pro Bowl selection, a four-time First-Team All-Pro selection. He was also selected in the NFL 2010s All-Decade Team and NFL 100th Anniversary All-Time Team.
Robert James Gronkowski
Amherst, New York, United States
He divides his time between –
- Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States
- Tampa, Florida, United States
In 2003, Rob started attending Williamsville North High School, where he excelled in basketball as well as football. After 3 years, he shifted to Woodland Hills High School in Churchill because his family had relocated to Pittsburgh.
Then, he was courted by a number of prestigious colleges before eventually selecting the University of Arizona. He graduated from there in 2010.
Professional Football Player (Retired)
- Father – Gordon Gronkowski (Owns and operates a chain of gym equipment stores)
- Mother – Diane Walters (Housewife)
- Siblings – Chris Gronkowski (Older Brother) (Former Professional American Football Player), Dan Gronkowski (Older Brother) (Professional American Football Player), Glenn Gronkowski (Younger Brother) (Professional American Football Player), Gordie Gronkowski Jr. (Older Brother) (Professional Baseball Player)
- Others – Ignatius Thomas Gronkowski (Paternal Grandfather), Irene L. Popiela/Papiela (Paternal Grandmother), Ignatius Gronkowski (Great Grandfather) (Former Olympic Cyclist)
He has been represented by –
- Jerry Shandrew Public Relations, Public Relations Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Drew Jordan Rosenhaus of the Rosenhaus Sports agency
- Gronk Nation, LLC, Company, Colleyville, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Gronkowski has dated –
- Bibi Jones (2011) – Rob Gronkowski had a very short-lived relationship with p*rn star Bibi Jones in 2011. In October, Bibi posted a couple of pictures of herself wearing only Rob’s jersey along with shirtless Rob on her social media accounts.
- Hailey Clauson (2016) – In April 2016, it was RUMORed that Rob was going out with the sizzling swimsuit model Hailey Clauson. It was said that they had got close while doing a film shoot for the GQ magazine.
- Camille Kostek (2013-Present) – Gronkowski had a very up and down relationship with Camille Kostek, whom he met when she was the cheerleader for his team New England Patriots in November 2013. They had first met during a Goodwill event before Thanksgiving when both of them were filling the turkey baskets of the less fortunate families. Rob gave his phone number and this is how they started talking. They were photographed together until July 2016. They were again seen partying on Rob’s 28th birthday in May 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Rob Gronkowski is of Polish, German, and Swedish descent.
- Imposing muscular body
- Broad face
- Short trimmed hair
His first major brand endorsement deal after turning pro was with Dunkin’ Donuts in March 2012.
He then signed a deal with Bodyarmor SuperDrink to become a sponsor and investor.
He has a contract with PLB sports for the corn flakes cereal, Gronk flakes, and has also launched Gronk beverage in partnership with Monster Energy and Coca-Cola distributes it.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best tight ends in the game.
- His freakish and stunning athleticism.
As an actor, his first theatrical film appearance came in the comedy movie Entourage in 2015 as Rob Gronkowski.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the NFL games, he first made an appearance in the reality show The Choice in 2012 as himself in just 1 episode.
During his off-season, Rob loves to do heavy intense chest workouts with his four equally athletic brothers. For the warm-up, he plays the ‘3 in the bucket’ basketball game, in which for every missed shot, you have to sprint to the other end of the court and back to the three-pointer line.
For the main workout, he selects an ab or back exercise and performs 10 to 20 reps after every set of a specific chest exercise. He also performs burpees to keep his stamina and endurance up.
When it comes to diet, he makes sure that his plate has some generous helping of green vegetables. Broccoli and carrots are his favorite veggies. He appeases his sweet tooth with strawberries and blueberries. His normal dinner comprises of chicken and some sweet potatoes.
Rob Gronkowski Favorite Things
- Cheat Meal – Buffalo chicken pizza with blue cheese
- Home Cooked Meal – Chicken soufflé
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies and Cream
- Romantic Movie – 50 First Dates (2004)
Rob Gronkowski Facts
- While playing for the Woodland High School, he was honored with the distinction of PrepStar All-American, SuperPrep All-American, and the Associated Press Class 4-A all-state.
- During his freshman year at the University of Arizona, he recorded the highest number of receiving yards for that season.
- While playing junior football at the Williamsville High School, he was selected in an All-Western New York first-team.
- The Madden NFL 12 features the ‘Rob Gronkowski Award,’ which is given to any tight end player with three or more touchdown catches in a single game.
- For his superlative college performances, he was placed on the shortlist for the Lombardi Award, which is given to the best lineman or linebacker in college football.
- During his stint with the University of Arizona, Rob was declared the John Mackey National Tight End of the Week on two occasions.
- In the 2010 NFL draft, he was picked in the second round by New England Patriots and was handed a four-year contract worth $4.4 million.
- In his debut season, he was nominated thrice for the NFL rookie of the week award, out of which he managed to win on two occasions.
- In the 2011 NFL season, he won the AFC Offensive Player of the Week award for the first time in his career.
- In 2012, he signed a contract extension with Patriots worth $54 million, which was the highest valued deal for the tight end at that time.
- His superb performances in the 2014 season after returning from the serious knee injury helped him bag comeback of the year award at the 2015 ESPY Awards.
- By the end of the 2015 season, he managed to get selected to the AP All-Pro first team and Pro Bowl 4 times.
- In 2016, he was selected by EA Sports to star on the cover of Madden NFL’s 17th game edition.
- Along with his brothers, he has co-founded the Gronk Nation Youth Foundation, which works to empower underprivileged kids with education and sports opportunities.
- In April 2015, he unveiled his biography It’s Good to be Gronk! which discussed his struggles and achievements on and off the field.
- He has appeared in the music videos for songs like Swish Swish by Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj, On My Mind by 3LAU, and I’ll Wait by Kygo.
- In March 2019, Rob announced his retirement from NFL. However, he later came out of retirement to play with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and also won a Super Bowl in 2021. He announced his retirement for the 2nd time in June 2022.
- He appeared as Gunner in the 2021 science fiction action film, Boss Level, starring the likes of Frank Grillo, Mel Gibson, Naomi Watts, Annabelle Wallis, Ken Jeong, and Michelle Yeoh.
- In January 2021, he tried testing the durability of his Super Bowl trophy wins along with the help of Twitch streamer Turner ‘Tfue’ Tenney. The trophy almost survived the crashing incident but had got a visible dent at the top.