|Ryan Guzman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1987|
Ryan Guzman is an American actor and former model who is known for his television roles like playing Edmundo “Eddie” Diaz in the procedural series 9-1-1, Ryan Mills in the crime and legal drama series Notorious, Jake in the teen drama mystery thriller series Pretty Little Liars, and Carlos Gutierrez in the sci-fi fantasy drama miniseries Heroes Reborn. Ryan has also been cast in movies such as Step Up Revolution, Step Up: All In, The Boy Next Door, Papi Chulo, The Cleansing Hour, Backtrace, April Rain a.k.a. Elite Force, Everybody Wants Some!!, Armed, There’s Always Woodstock, Beyond Paradise, Jem and the Holograms, Ladies’ Man: A Made Movie, and Windows on the World.
Ryan Anthony Guzman
Abilene, Texas, USA
In 2005, Ryan graduated from West Campus High School in Sacramento, California.
Ryan then attended Sierra College in Rocklin, California.
Model, Actor, MMA artist
- Father – Ray Guzman
- Mother – Lisa (née Hudson) Guzman
- Siblings – Steven Guzman (Younger Brother)
- Others – Ramon Padilla Guzman (Paternal Grandfather), Duane Richard Hudson (Maternal Grandfather), Sharon Lynne Antrim (Maternal Grandmother)
He was signed to Look Model Agency in 2011 for modeling.
He has also been signed with Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
71 kg or 156.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Guzman has dated –
- Melanie Iglesias (2014) – In 2014, he dated adult/glamour model Melanie Iglesias. They split before the new year.
- Chrysti Ane (2016-Present) – Ryan started dating fitness model and actress Chrysti Ane in 2016. The couple got engaged in 2018 and welcomed a son named Mateo Lopes Guzman in January 2019. They also have a daughter together named Genevieve Valentina Guzman (b. January 7, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
His father is Mexican and his mother is European American. Through his mother, he has English, Dutch, French, German, Swedish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Well-built athletic body
Ryan modeled for Calvin Klein underwear in 2009.
Best Known For
Playing Sean Asa in Step Up film series in 2012 and 2014
2012 American dance film Step Up Revolution (Also known as Step Up 4) for his role as Sean, who played opposite to Emily (portrayed by Kathryn McCormick).
First TV Show
Guzman appeared in a TV show Cameras in 2012 for his role as Ryan in just one episode entitled “Walrus.”
Ryan Guzman didn’t really hit the gym. But, he says that he used to dance a lot as a part of his daily workout. He did dancing 9 hours a day. In his own words –
“Dude, dance cuts you up really quick. I lost 15 pounds in one week of just dancing alone. Yeah, you lose a lot of weight and it tones your whole body up. You’re using, especially if you are partnering with a girl, you’re using certain body parts that you normally wouldn’t use. So after a week, two weeks, you end up looking down and you see a six pack and it works out.”
He didn’t do any weightlifting also. But, if the script demands him to have a little bit more defined abs and arms, he would definitely do. But, the more stress was on dancing (hip-hop and contemporary).
Ryan Guzman Favorite Things
- Favorite TV Programs – Happy Endings (2011-), 30 Rock (2006-), Community (2009-), he basically likes comedy shows
- Favorite Actor – Christian Bale and Tom Hardy
- Favorite Musician – Usher and Chris Brown
- Favorite Fighter – Anderson Silva
Source – IMDb
Ryan Guzman Facts
- In his free time, Ryan does artistic work like drawing and also MMA training.
- He moved to Sacramento, California at a young age.
- He played Noah Sandborn in the 2015 erotic thriller film The Boy Next Door. His co-stars for the project included Jennifer Lopez, John Corbett, Ian Nelson, and Kristin Chenoweth.
- He used to do martial arts and modeling before starting his career as an actor.
- He brought to life the character of Kenny Roper in the 2016 teen comedy film Everybody Wants Some!!. Ryan co-starred in the film alongside Blake Jenner, Zoey Deutch, Tyler Hoechlin, Glen Powell, Will Brittain, and Wyatt Russell.
- He can’t speak Spanish but yes he can understand a little bit.
- In 2018, he started appearing as Edmundo “Eddie” Diaz in the procedural television series 9-1-1.
- Alongside Sylvester Stallone and others, he co-starred as Lucas MacDonald (who is introduced as MacDonald’s inmate in prison and it is later revealed that Lucas is MacDonald’s son) in the 2018 action crime film Backtrace.